• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Found a few more glitches:

• In Novigrads most northern point on the cliffs, there is a kill barrier on the cliff itself that will kill you instantly if you jump onto the wooden fence going past the Church, honestly, who is the idiot who places a kill barrier in a traversable area.
  • When attempting to find the Cat diagram in the abandoned castle near the lighthouse in Novigrad/Velen, you do not need to dive into the water to find the tunnel but instead can make the vault over the drawbridge if you aim for the right most beam at the bridges base and then jump towards the wall and vault it quickly. If you attempt to enter from the water, you will realize you cannot make the jump despite there being a white chalk marking stating otherwise.
  • When attempting to aid the Bloody Baron with his Wife and rendezvousing with him and his men, you do not need to follow them but instead enter straight into the village itself and link up with the witch hunters in order to skip most of the fights - note that despite the Baron having five soldiers, regardless of whether or not they die in the fight, only one will survive - the Witch Hunters on the other hand will always live.
  • If you draw your sword and then taunt a Guard, all guards in the area will instantly become hostile at level 35. If you have a sign intensity like I do of 133074%, you will instant kill the Guards regardless of your current level and gain a nice experience boost but no loot. Note that killing Guards will not have any direct consequences other than being attacked by any in range and that regardless of your current level, they will almost always kill you in 1-4 hits so attempting to farm this way is not recommended.
  • The efficiency perk for Alchemy gives an additional two bombs for Grapeshot instead of the traditional five increasing it to nine in total where every other bomb is seven. Not sure if this is intentional and just a flaw in the design but whatever.
  • Full Crew Achievement can be earned as long as you can convince all the Allies in a single region to come to your aid, you do not need to convince EVERY person in order to get this achievement.
  • Despite certain heavy armour stating that you have 100% resistance to bleeding, you will still take bleed damage against all enemys that can deal it IF their weapon automatically deals bleeding regardless of hit chance thus negating any real benefit the armour yields.
  • When equipping any piece of armour or weapon that increases your vitality, the Vitality screen on the Character Statistics menu will instead increase your maximum HP and not the base HP leading to weird stats such as mine: 6041/5041 - this indirectly leads to random "close to death" instances on your screen even when the bar is full.

I'm not exactly sure how I managed to get such a high sign intensity without runes or armour benefits but right now at level 24 I have managed to get a sign intensity of 1330,074% which in turn leads to:

• Aard: 66580% Stagger
  • Igni: 133,174 Fire Damage and 100% Burning
  • Quen: 266,347 Physical Damage Reduction
  • Yrden" 31,158% Slowdown and 13,317.35s Duration
  • Axii: 6,658.68s Duration

Essentially it means that every boss is one shotted by a single burst of Igni and when I hit an enemy with Aard, they sort of dissapear from my screen and I can never find the body . . . Please fix the game

And it is generally concerning seeing as a lot of these issues have been present throughout the series. It's like they have been making no strides or progress at this side of the game. While other games are just as bad, Hey Bethesda, I expected a lot more from Dark/Death mode here considering they full well knew many issues fans presented on 2.

I will not make my first playthrough of this game until I am satisfied this is the GOTY experience I paid for. And I can wait. I have no problems with that. I would just like them to be aware things do need to be addressed for this game to shine its brightest.

Loot still needs to be in sacks and what not. Just better hidden for the good stuff and of lesser amount for things that truly matter and make the game too easy.

Learn to use the walk/run Button! (btw its awesome to WALK in this beautiful world)
After that lesson i never touched my XBOX Controller again.
The keyboard controls in W3 are fine.

Enemy AI definitely needs an ovehaul. Increased staggers on abilities, armor, and dmg per swing is just lazy. We need flanking ranged enemies, Rushing heavy attackers. Single enemies that bait you into running into an ambush and enemies with more then 2 attack types. after that, then we need a combat overhaul for ourselves too. Feel free to check my other posts for a decently thought out combat overhaul.

Enemy AI definitely needs an ovehaul. Increased staggers on abilities, armor, and dmg per swing is just lazy. We need flanking ranged enemies, Rushing heavy attackers. Single enemies that bait you into running into an ambush and enemies with more then 2 attack types. after that, then we need a combat overhaul for ourselves too. Feel free to check my other posts for a decently thought out combat overhaul.

Well, I agree, but I also have no idea what they plan to do to address that without another 3 or 4 months of time. In the meantime all the other suggestions will make this so much better as is.

erm.. who cares if its developed to be used with a game pad, doesn't make it any less of a pc game you just use a game pad! Some games are better with mouse and keyboard, some are better with pad, Just because consoles use game pads exclusively doesnt mean you cant use one on pc. There's still plenty of reasons to be a pc gamer, enhanced graphics, mods, yes you can use keyboard and mouse on games that are good for it like mmos and fps, The hugest back catalog of games ever. Consoles still dont really have mmos, and pcs are better for indie games, a lot of which are better than triple A titles. and yeah you still get most games consoles get but better gfx and ability to mod.

Last edited:
I disagree, it might take a while for some people to get used to the controls and combat but I found it relatively easy to get used to it all. Although horse riding and swimming might need a bit of tweaking.

I am loving the game, have a few suggestions:
- A "Skyrim-like" compass at the top of the screen to substitute the minimap. (I find that if I have the map up I spend more time looking at the map than at the actual beautiful landscape
- Arena Mode: After you kill an epic monster 4-5 times you unlock arena mode for that monster and you get to fight it, learn its moves, its weaknesses etc
- Quests that cancel other quests prompts: Right on the first chapter I accepted a side-quest to find a missing brother. Later on I advanced with the main story and that quest was automatically failed. I wish that before I accepted the main quest I got a message saying "this will make you fail a quest that you have started. Are you sure you want to take this quest?"

1) controls are wank for sure
2) DAI sucked sweaty gonads
3) Fable is the biggest disappontment in rpg history
4) cant wait for modding to make up for some of the glaring consolitis this game suffers from on pc.

Hmm..

So...

Keybinding is not an issue. I have a G13...
Getting used to it, yeah.. I guess eventually one can get used to anything lol...
No, my belief about the controls and interface being designed for consoles is not waaayyy off the mark. It is on the mark. It is much more than control layout or keybinding.
Don't think any amount of modding is going to fix this, as it is not a configuration issue, but a coding issue..

On a side note, I am still trying to figure out what makes my horse constantly come to a halt in horse races...

I rarely make threads anywhere like this one, and this post may get my Witcher Fan Boy Card revoked... but these are the worst controls in any PC game I have ever played... by far. These are bad.. the movement, the execution time, the "auto-ons"... We all knew the control scheme (as well as the GUI) was developed for a console controller from the start (and if you don't think so, guess why you get that "control scheme changed" message) but seriously, this is just bad. And I thought W2's controls were not up to par... but it is the way of the video game world: get on consoles, that's where the money is... we'll see what Cyberpunk will bring... can't get any worst, can it?

As someone who have played TW3 2.5x so far on PC I have to disagree. Also please do not claim 'worst' as I think it's big exaggeration there.

On a controller on the PC. For the most part they are ok, mainly I get frustrated when attempting to move small distances from a stopped position. In combat the controls are quite good apart from getting stuck sometimes on geometry. On horseback the horse randomly stops for little if any reason. I also don't like how i can't rotate the camera without changing direction. It also resets to default too quickly and too high (facing low).
other than that hey are decent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom