• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
The Witcher 3 is a great game, but could definitely use some improvements

The Witcher 3 is an amazing and beautiful game. The story and characters are all true to the Witcher universe and there are many great quests and cutscenes. I don't want to go on and on about the good things in the game, instead I will point out some negatives, some of which are pretty serious. In fact, for me, they border on harming the rest of the experience. I really hope these comments will find their mark and be considered for the future.

The open world is cool and gives so many play hours. However, the experience and gear upgrade system combined with the difficulty is far from perfect. I am playing on Death March because I like the most challenge I can get from my games so I always pick the highest difficulty and early in the game I had to play perfectly or be defeated in a few blows. I did end up dying sometimes and facing long load screens, which was fine. Now, I am too powerful and every fight is trivial. Too many missions bumped up the experience and there is little rush from combat. The fights with enemy health bar are still good but those are really important and almost the only fights left, and some of them are still too easy. Many are super cool so don't get me wrong.

I told a friend who I am going to lend the game when I am done about how it is really cool but a long game and I'm not sure if they'd like it. Told them you're a professional monster killer from a series of really good books, and while there is a lot of story which is good, you also fight a lot of monsters. Their first reaction was, cool when you fight them do you cut parts of them off? I was like uhh no, you kindof just learn their attack patterns and kill them, but its fun. Their idea was cool.

In truth the majority of the Witcher series gameplay is loot picking up. I run around gathering tons and tons of things, more than I need, because it isn't clear when I may find something I do need, so I stock up and stock up looting the yellow containers. Maybe it's my fault - but I think fault lies in design.

My dad read the Witcher books and a few times I invited him to watch me play the game. He is always excited when we find new loot like armor or weapons, especially if they are presented in a quest. He was watching when I beat the werewolves and Hjalmar gave his sword, as well as when An Craite gave his sword in support of the battle of Kaer Morhen. Both times, Are they good weapons!? Open Inventory, - damage, cool (but repetitive) modifiers.. Yeah, they're good.

Now I'm to the point where I purposefully only use my enhanced swords because I actually want the fights to last a long time and have some challenge. I rarely use potions and decoctions when they could have been so much more, but the gamer in me is totally OCD about upgrading every alchemy recipe I have.

I think the open world and crafting and looting and side quests are all really cool but it could have been streamlined. From the start I am really enjoying the game but also asking myself, would this game be better if instead of an RPG it was more of an Action game. A set path and set upgrades. I think possibly yes. If not then these systems really need to be improved to reach perfection. Even syncing up all enemies to the level of the character would be a bandaid fix if nothing else.

I hope I am not the only one who sees these problems.

Thank you very much for the awesome game in any case. Despite my negative complaints I do like it a lot.

Last edited:
Obviously not the biggest priority right now. But, I thought I'd just throw a suggestion here. In case it gets spotted, and can be implemented at some point maybe , when stuff calms down. Also to see if anyone else agrees.

I'd personally like an option to only enable the HairWorks tech for creatures. As in, not enabled for Geralt. I really don't like the look of it. (opinion) It looks unrealistic.

I think the in-house hair for Geralt is nicer. But the fur on monsters is another matter. They almost require hairworks being enabled, to have any semblance to actual fur. Hence why I'm requesting this.

Tbh, the monsters with fur (dogs, wolves, beasts, etc) look preeeetty bad, when hairworks is disabled..(stiff, plastic looking)

Plus, it would be a nice performance increase overall. With the tech enabled.

Edit: Example below of HairWorks off / on. (fur)

I don't know if you are still interested but i found this mod. Didn't test this though.http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/165/?
Probably everyone knows about this mod ATM :p

Last edited:
AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

This game could be really great, if it wasn't for all those seriously annoying issues:

1) Combat sucks:
a) Having to wait on an animation to finish before being able to do ANYTHING sucks. I feel like I am not in control of my character - and the worst part is that I don't know when I am allowed to continue playing. When I press the button to cast quen too soon, nothing happens at all, and the I die. Great.
b) Being unable to control which enemy to attack REALLY STINKS. It's so horrible. No I did not want to jump into the middle of those three guys so they can fuck me from behind. Seriously, let me attack whoever I am pointing the screen at.
c) Tiny obstacle block your way, and suddenly you can't get away from that impending swing. Wonderful.

2) Having to press space twice to skip single lines of dialog SUCKS. It's a really horrible interface. Having to redo the same fucking cutscene over and over and over and over and over AGAIN, and hammering that space button. And even then the game takes it's own sweet time, instead of just skipping. I WANT TO SKIP THAT CUTSCENE, COME ON!.

3) Same as above, when you die you absolutely must wait those 5 seconds for the menu to show up. why do you enjoy making me wait? Just let me get on with it already.

And there is plenty more, but those issues really make this game not-fun. I feel like slapping those who are responsible for this sorry mess. Ugh.

This game could be really great, if it wasn't for all those seriously annoying issues:

2) Having to press space twice to skip single lines of dialog SUCKS. It's a really horrible interface. Having to redo the same fucking cutscene over and over and over and over and over AGAIN, and hammering that space button. And even then the game takes it's own sweet time, instead of just skipping. I WANT TO SKIP THAT CUTSCENE, COME ON!.

just imagine you pay the game for first time, and in a cutscene ther are very important and useful information -besides it's an awesome cutscene- and you press key accidentally, you skipped it, pressing the key two times is to avoid that kind of little accidents, if you are sure you want to skip, press the key agan, how long does it take? a second?

Hi everyone! Do you plan change Eredin to original version(sword of destiny trailer for example)? Maybe in enhanced edition or some DLC? I know many fans disappoint his present variant and will be glad see horrible King of Hunt. Association of with Sauron are insignificant. Thank for you attention)

Attachments

• The-Witcher-3-Eredin.jpg
    The-Witcher-3-Eredin.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 2550282-7.jpg
    2550282-7.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 67
I have thoroughly enjoyed playing this game. I don't normally play this type of genre, mostly racing car sims, so this was a new experience and challenge for me. I totally got absorbed in the story and completing all of the quests. The story line was very entertaining. CD Projekt has done a great job on this game and I am looking forward to the expansion coming out in the fall.

Steel sword icon in the inventary is wrong again

i already posted this in another thread, but i later realised that was probably the wrong thread, so i deleted that post. I guess this is the appropriate thread to report minor bugs, but if it's not, then feel free to delete or move it in the appropriate section\thread. In any case, i thought it was too minor an issue to create a new thread.

hardly a major bug, bit still i thought it was worth reporting...
the steel sword icon in the inventory is bugged again (meaning the steel sword icon is identical to the silver sword icon).
i know this bug had already been fixed a while ago, but apparently it came back after the implementation of NG+

the platform on which i encountered the bug is PS4

Last edited:
The proposal to improve the game

Hello developers Witcher 3, I really liked your play and would like to offer something to improve it. I propose to expand the buildup of character, add the more cells for skills because "new game +" it turns out that you can lvl Increase in two but it is the skills that are learned nowhere to go. I would be very happy if this idea considered. Thank you for attention.

Has anyone complained about the annoying placement of ignitable things? They're usually beside fast travel posts, shopkeepers, and other things you need to press x to interact with. Unfortunately there's always a candle or matchstick or whatever beside those, and you always end up igniting rather than interacting with the shopkeeper for example. I have to go around the back of the lady blacksmith in Crows Perch since there's a candle in front of her. Annoying.

Yujjinn - yes, many people have complained (including me)... don't know if they ever plan to fix this extremely annoying issue, though. I wish they'd simply cause all "ignite"-type interacts to only be activated by manually using the Igni sign on the trigger, instead of having them share the same button/key with the (much more commonly useful) "open" command.

Last edited:
Overall great game, you can see many of my overall thoughts in other locations but I had a specific feedback/comment/question issue. I didn't want to start my own thread for it because it's not worth that and not a big deal. If somebody else pointed this out and got a response, I apologize for the repeat ... I couldn't find it.

So I was in playing the game last night and running around Spitfire Bluff when I realized something. Their is a huge landmass off the west coast of Velen that shouldn't really be there. This is what the relevant part of the Continent looks like:

Looks like the Witcher world I've come to know. But if you go over to the Condyle area and look off the coast there is a huge western land mass over there (it's represented on the left side of the image below):

Like I said it's all the way off on the left side of the map. You can't go there (I don't think). It's not Skellige because that island group is well to the South of Velen on the main map. It doesn't make sense that it's there. A landmass that big should show up on the main continent map if it were an island or something. Furthermore, it seems like having that landmass would probably require more memory than just having nothing there other than the closer islands and water (like can be seen if you look out due west from Novigrad). I was just wondering about the purpose of that design choice. It does look pretty, and it doesn't bother me that much, but I was curious as to why it was put there. Does having the sunset over water take more memory or something?

This video shows the land mass I'm referring to at 2:20 to 2:25. It's in the background. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2p-gPnQDSE

I know the second map doesn't have the zones labeled right, but the image does reflect the landmass I'm talking about accurately.

Attachments

• Witcher 3 Some Areas.jpg
    Witcher 3 Some Areas.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 131
  • Zones.jpg
    Zones.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 2,207
Last edited:
Opinions about Witcher 3 after finishing the main

I have some mixed feelings about Witcher 3 after I have finished the game recently and I'm curious if anybody feels the same way.

But First and foremost I would like to express my admiration for all who participated on creation of Witcher 3. It is trully a great game.

With that being sad I must address few things which are driving me crazy. Day and night cycle - sometimes without looking at the time in the game I could not tell whether its a day time or night time. People working on the fields or chating in the streets or children running around at 2 or 3 AM It just doesnt feel right. Right? :) Also there is almost no "darkness" during the night time in the Witcher 3. The moon shines too much and the sunrise starts too soon. It would be so great if developers could fix this and I could wonder through Novigrad during the night and bumb into just few drunks and prostitutes and bandits of course. Novigrad feels like there is new year celebration every night.:) And if I could visit some village at night and there would be villigers awake in the pub at most. That would add great deal of realism to the game.
Another thing which I can now evaluate is the main story. I certainly cannot say that the story is bad but I am somehow disappointed. There is no big twist, no surprise and after you find Ciri the story gets really narrow and it lacks the element of surprise even more in my opinion. Also there was not so many decesive moments which would shape the story of the game or I failed to recognize them at least. It was one of the things that reviewers praised strongly - the fact that every decision you make has some impact. I really cant tell - of course there are some which are obvious and during the game you get this animated flashbacks but I got only two of those during the game and final "movie" had only four subjects which was mentioned.
But dont get me wrong I love the Wticher 3. For example there is great amount of "small" stories which are interesting enough and those make the Witcher 3 probably the best RPG currently.

So I would like to hear you opinions on the matters I mentioned above. Anybody feel the same?

With that being sad I must address few things which are driving me crazy. Day and night cycle - sometimes without looking at the time in the game I could not tell whether its a day time or night time. People working on the fields or chating in the streets or children running around at 2 or 3 AM It just doesnt feel right. Right? :-

I agree, the first game actually does this better, with the difference between day and night being more significant (like monsters only appearing at night), NPCs having a full daily routine, and meditation only being possible at fireplaces and certain friendly NPCs. All those add more immersion to the game. But I guess for many new players it would be just an annoyance, so the developers made the day/night cycle less important (not to mention it saved some work as well).

@Noxi777 and @sv3672, CDPR really dumbed down this game to appeal to a wider audience and by doing that they actually robbed it of many features that helped it stand out among RPG games.

The first game was great at those things that presented you with almost real atmosphere,for example you were not a gear whore: Geralt only goes through 3 swords of each type and 3 leather jackets throughout the whole 1st game, the lack of funds was an actual concern (whereas in TW3 you're a millionaire by the end of the 1/3 of the game). Besides the best gear is always the one crafted from diagrams, you don't get rewarded with unique and rare items after dispatching bandits or monster bosses.

Last edited:
I fully agree. As a hardcore Witcher fan, I just don't feel it in this 3rd installment.
It has become a game for the masses. And the moment a game becomes a game for the masses, it becomes a game that should appeal to a wide audience. As such, it becomes mediocre in a sense.
Look at the sex, look at the atmosphere....It is not the Witcher as it felt in part 1 and even 2.
Also the graphics are disappointing.
Could have been so much better....I feel a lot has been left out....

So, I've had time to let my thoughts on the game settle and I think I can finally give my feedback on The Witcher 3. Keep in mind, I will focus on the negative aspects of the game, but my overall opinion is that it is a fantastic game that's right up there with the best of 'em, worthy of the franchise. Also, there will be some spoilers - big and small ones, though I will mark them as such. So, here we go.

I'm going to start with the base gameplay mechanics of the game, First, the combat: Overall, an improvement over that in TW2, but still not quite there. Because of the nature of how combat is controlled, I often found myself attacking the wrong target, because that's where my movement key was pointing. While I appreciate the fact that targeting isn't locked to where the camera is pointing at, that did cause some problems in certain situations, e.g. I am backing away from an enemy and decide to attack them, I am still pressing the directional key to back away, so I attack the enemy behind me, who is not even on the screen. What adds to that is the fact that Geralt is facing the opponent I am looking at, so my instincts say that this is the person I am about to attack, not the one I am moving towards. Makes total sense that Geralt would attack the person behind him in this case, it's not the controls being unresponsive, but it's something that does not feel natural and leads to frustrating mistakes.

How it could have been done better, in my opinion: If the direction of an attack is going to be locked to the directional key the player is pressing, then the camera needs to work differently. Either the camera in combat needs to be out of the player control, or it needs to provide a better overview of the battlefield. And don't let Geralt face the person I'm not about to attack, it gives me the wrong impression. If the next left-click is going to make me attack a person who is off-screen, then Geralt should be facing him.

Underwater combat was not well thought out and felt like something that was tacked on. Either do a proper underwater combat system or don't do one at all.

Alchemy system - I liked it overall, although I think the game could have used a few more hotkeys for the consumables. Having only 2 slots was a bit too restrictive, I found, and resulted in a lot of jumping in and out of the inventory screen (or switching around of items in the quick slots). Some of the potion durations could have been longer (like Thunderbolt or Blizzard, as well as the monster-specific ones like Black Blood).

Signs - I think this was the best Sign system out of all 3 games. Really liked it, although Quen still felt a bit too powerful, even essential in some places.

On that note, there does not seem to be a good alternative for players who wish to engage in the dodge/parry combat mechanics apart from just getting better at it. Combat skills that perhaps assists dodging by slowing down time or something like that would have been appreciated, as it would have added more diversity, more alternatives and it's more lore-appropriate - witchers are good at avoiding hits.

Moving on to the mini-games, I'll start with what I found to be the weakest one - horse races. Those just felt really awkward, I doubt much time was put into them. Not a huge deal, since any horse race that was not optional was extremely easy to win, but it was still not a very well-made mini-game. Fist fighting was good enough, if a bit repetitive. No real complaints there, though I think some more story bits would have made it more enjoyable. The ones that were present towards the very end of the quest chain got a bit too ridiculous, which I did not really like.

Gwent - that's how you do a mini-game. Personally, I only did the quest-related games, did not play random merchants, which just goes to show how well it was implemented. An optional part of the game that offers a lot of depth, only if you want it. The only issue I had with it is that the card design made 0 sense in terms of the lore. I understand what they were going for, but I feel a similar effect could have been achieved without cards such as the Ciri hero card, for example.

Witcher senses - A system that was good enough, given the resources available and what players have come to expect from side questing in an open world (that being: "not much"). It did what it had to do - provide more context for side quests and make them feel more involved and fleshed out, have more substance. I would like to see this expanded in the future with subtle choices - be those during exploration or via dialogue. More situations like
the Hym one. Give the players the option to approach a situation from multiple angles, not just follow one path with the Witcher Senses. Another good example was the Carnal Sins quest - it is, among with the Hym quest, one of the highlights of the game for me. Strongly reminded me of the main quest chain from TW1's chapter two, which is a great thing.

Dialogue options, choices and consequences - I consider this part of the gameplay, as it affects what direction you take next. Given the pre-determined nature of the character, I feel the options were adequate. for the most part. The only real missed opportunity I see is not acknowledging neutrality - there were quests I turned down, because they felt shady or not like witcher work. There was no effect at all. While I wouldn't have expected all quests to have a consequence for not doing them, I think there were a few where that could have happened but didn't. Instead, I had the quest giver just stand there and wait for me to change my mind. More Witcher 1-like moments, where inaction and neutrality was a valid option would have been appreciated (though there were a few such moments in the game, I would have liked to see more of them). Overall though, the game does offer a lot of satisfying situations when it comes to C&C, what I've mentioned above are places where it could push even further - they still did a fantastic job on the whole.

Moving on to the world-building, I enjoyed how flexible the open world was. There was a lot of fluff and throw-away content, but I never really felt that because the game supported the very valid option of ignoring it all. One of the first things I did was to turn off the Question marks on the map. Stumbling across them as I explore felt much more natural and rewarding than going out of my way to clear out the map of Question marks. I understand that there are a lot of people that enjoy doing this, however, so I'm happy the game provided both player types with an enjoyable experience. What I would like to see in the future, is CDPR giving this 'throw-away content' the side quest treatment, now that they have more resources. Make random things players stumble upon during exploration more varied, more substantial (beyond an XP/loot reward). As it is now, it's something I don't mind doing while I am on my way to something, but I often found myself avoiding these activities, as they felt repetitive. While I enjoyed having the option to ignore them, I feel there's potential there to turn this open world weakness into a strength, if that content felt more substantial.

On the layout of the land. Novigrad was excellent, it felt closest to a Witcher game chapter than anything else. I think Crow's Perch, Kaer Trolde should have been more fleshed out in a similar fashion. As it stands, they're more of a backdrop, not so much an area that you get to learn more about or that develops as you progress. Villages in general, while looking the part, felt empty, because there was a lack of character and content there. I would have preferred fewer villages that have more to do in them, with more world-building than simply being places where you go to look at the notice board and find merchants, with lots of window-dressing. Still, populated areas were handled markedly better than in most open worlds of this scale. I simply don't think that's an indication of CDPR doing a stellar job, though, it just shows how poorly this is usually done and it's why I think there's still a lot of room for improvement.

On to the plot - first, the pacing. I've read some people say it has pacing issues. I can understand where they're coming from, but I also think this is largely due to the mindset people go in the game with. I played the game with a focus on the main quest, only doing side content that made sense and I stumbled upon as I was doing the main quest. Or side content I just wanted to do, like collecting Witcher gear, because it looked more lore-appropriate than any other piece of equipment. Doing this, I never felt there were pacing issues with the story. It is also worth pointing out that I was doing main quest only (aside from finishing up with the Witcher gear) once I got past the Isle of Mists quest.

On the plot itself (and this will include a lot of spoilers):
It was definitely not as complex as what I'm used to in a Witcher game. Where TW1 and TW2 felt more like a detective mystery with fantasy elements (TW1's chapter 2 is essentially Geralt the detective), TW3 is more of a fantasy adventure with only small hints of that mystery approach. And I'm not even talking about the politics here. I am talking about the story structure. In TW1 and TW2, a lot of facts and plot points are subtle, hidden, hinted at etc. There's a lot for the player to uncover and there's great joy in replaying the game to notice those subtle plot hints you might have missed the first time around. When it comes to TW3's main story, this is largely not the case - everything is very clear and nicely laid out for the player. And I get it, they wanted players to be able to get back to the main plot easily, after getting lost in side content. But the result is a weaker plot nonetheless, a plot that relies on emotional hooks and attachments to characters instead of unraveling the story and its nuances. I was happy to see some this make its way to side content, but I am confident CDPR can do better and weave that into the main storyline as well.

Given the fact that the game went open world (a first for the studio), the subject matter they had to tackle (Wild Hunt and Ciri's world-hopping adventures - not great material to work with, if you're looking to create a more TW1/TW2-like plot), the resource and time constraints, as well as CDPR's position I understand why certain sacrifices had to be made. What I hope for future titles, however, is that CDPR can push for a more complex plotline now. They have the brand power and they've established themselves as a developer that focuses on the story, so I believe they are now (unlike prior to TW3, where they were an unknown when it comes to the mainstream) in a position to achieve an open world with an intricate plot, closer to what we've come to expect from them.

Music and atmosphere - I put these two together, because there's a strong link between them. I am happy to say I was pleasantly surprised by the OST. There was too much focus pre-release on the parts of it I find to be the weakest and the official soundtracks does not include some of the best and most atmospheric pieces, but when actually playing the game, there is a lot of good and atmospheric music to be found. It still can't overtake TW1's soundtrack for me, but that was never what it needed to do. It simply builds on it, follows the same tone, while adding new elements of its own. At the core is still TW1's OST, which is why it will always be more special for me, but it does exactly what a sequel's OST needs to do - something TW2's OST failed to do for me.

On the atmosphere, it's spot on. The nights still don't feel as creepy as they did in TW1, but the rest was excellent. They managed to represent so may different themes, locations and weather conditions and they did it very well, no real complaints.

I have to mention the bugs - there weren't many game-breaking ones, and the ones that are/were present are getting ironed out, with the more serious ones getting fixes early on. Generally happy with the post-release support, though it's been slowing down just a bit too much lately. Understandable, considering the REDs have an expansion on the way, but it's an area that could be improved.

TL;DR: Great game -one of the best in the genre, which it pushes further as a whole in many ways - probably as good as it could have been, given the circumstances (barring a few small issues). A solid foundation for CDPR to build upon in the future. This is as basic as it should get - develop this and add more depth instead of streamlining, and I will be a happy consumer.

Last edited:

1) Combat sucks:
a) Having to wait on an animation to finish before being able to do ANYTHING sucks. I feel like I am not in control of my character - and the worst part is that I don't know when I am allowed to continue playing. When I press the button to cast quen too soon, nothing happens at all, and the I die. Great.
b) Being unable to control which enemy to attack REALLY STINKS. It's so horrible. No I did not want to jump into the middle of those three guys so they can fuck me from behind. Seriously, let me attack whoever I am pointing the screen at.
c) Tiny obstacle block your way, and suddenly you can't get away from that impending swing. Wonderful.

3) Same as above, when you die you absolutely must wait those 5 seconds for the menu to show up. why do you enjoy making me wait? Just let me get on with it already.

And there is plenty more, but those issues really make this game not-fun. I feel like slapping those who are responsible for this sorry mess. Ugh.

I'm playing on PS4, but one thing that sucks for me is when I'm shooting at enemies with the cross-bow and I decide I want to switch to a sign, Geralt keeps shooting the damn cross-bow for like 3 more bolts!

My Experience with 'The Witcher 3'

For quite some time my favorite game was 'The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess'. 'Ocarina of time' is probably better, but I could turn into a wolf in 'Twilight Princess', and that is awesome. I have to say though, Witcher 3 might just have have supplanted it for me.

It has almost everything that I could want in an open world RPG. Great story, fantastic side content with great stories of their own, fun combat, beautiful world, great graphics, awesome characters and dialogue, and a fun side game in Gwent.

Story-I thought that the story was really good, very well written. I just recently read the first book of the series, and I am impressed in how well the game captures the feel of the books. I of course liked all of the choices that we got to make, and I loved how each one of those choices actually meant something. And we get to the end and rather than give us an A,B,C choice like other games might do, it took our choices into account in deciding what ending we get.

The only quibble I have in the story, and it's quite a minor quibble, is that I would have liked to have seen the White Frost foreshadowed a little more. Like we see some signs of it in the world as we are playing, signs beyond the White Hunt showing up.

Side Content-Here is where I think TW3 shines the brightest. This game just might have the best side content I have ever seen in any game ever. The Witcher Contracts were excellent, and not all of them was simply, find monster and kill it. There was some interesting stories told in these. Better than I was expecting going in. One that springs to mind is the werewolf and his wife's sister. Man that was messed up.

The side content offered us more of those choices and consequences. One of my favorites was the one involving the Baron and his wife and daughter. That was good stuff. Helping to choose the ruler of Skellige was quite good, Keira's questline was great, and quite a few others. More than enough to warrant multiple playthroughs.

Combat-I really, really enjoy the combat. I'm not as great at it as some are, so I find it challenging, especially now that I am doing a run on Death March. It seems simple when you first look at it, but then you get into it and start fighting different things, and you can see the different ways that different monsters have of fighting. For instance, drowners and nekkers seem more aggressive than a lot of other monsters. They don't like to give one a lot of breathing room. There is nothing quite like being in the middle of three or four nekkers or drowners, weaving in and out of them, taking your shots as they present themselves. It really is like a dance. It gives me quite a good feeling when I do that and manage to come out of it untouched.

Graphic-This is a beautiful game, a really, really beautiful game. One of the things that I especially cannot get quite enough of is the lighting effects. My favorite times in this game are in the middle of a clear night with a full moon. Oh man that is just beautiful. Then you have sunrises and sunsets, just gorgeous.

I also really like the way the wind affects things in the game, the way it blows trees around the like. The storms as well are just really well done.

I definitely have to mention the character models as well. They are so very, very nice, and there are a lot of quite interesting looking people in this game.

Gwent-I was not expecting to be as much fun as it is, but I was pleasantly surprised. I would really love to see them make a full digital version of the game, like Hearthstone, that we can play online against people. I think they would probably have to add more cards and card abilities for this, but it certainly seems like it could be doable. I would play it.

Skill Progression-Here is one of the few areas of the game I didn't like as much. I didn't like to have to actually equip my abilities the way we did. If I spend a point or something, I think I should always have access to it. I think a better way of doing it would have been that instead of the mutagens giving us things like more health or a bonus to our attack power, they should have added bonuses to the abilities that they were connected to.

I also would have liked to see more abilities that were active rather than passive. Abilities that gave us more sword maneuvers perhaps or things that gave us abilities to combine sword strikes and signs.

Well, those are my main thoughts on 'The Witcher 3'. It is such a fantastic game, and it is one that I think sets the standard for next gen, or rather now I guess it's current gen. :p Can't wait for the DLC.

For quite some time my favorite game was 'The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess'. 'Ocarina of time' is probably better, but I could turn into a wolf in 'Twilight Princess', and that is awesome. I have to say though, Witcher 3 might just have have supplanted it for me.

It has almost everything that I could want in an open world RPG. Great story, fantastic side content with great stories of their own, fun combat, beautiful world, great graphics, awesome characters and dialogue, and a fun side game in Gwent.

Story-I thought that the story was really good, very well written. I just recently read the first book of the series, and I am impressed in how well the game captures the feel of the books. I of course liked all of the choices that we got to make, and I loved how each one of those choices actually meant something. And we get to the end and rather than give us an A,B,C choice like other games might do, it took our choices into account in deciding what ending we get.

The only quibble I have in the story, and it's quite a minor quibble, is that I would have liked to have seen the White Frost foreshadowed a little more. Like we see some signs of it in the world as we are playing, signs beyond the White Hunt showing up.

Side Content-Here is where I think TW3 shines the brightest. This game just might have the best side content I have ever seen in any game ever. The Witcher Contracts were excellent, and not all of them was simply, find monster and kill it. There was some interesting stories told in these. Better than I was expecting going in. One that springs to mind is the werewolf and his wife's sister. Man that was messed up.

The side content offered us more of those choices and consequences. One of my favorites was the one involving the Baron and his wife and daughter. That was good stuff. Helping to choose the ruler of Skellige was quite good, Keira's questline was great, and quite a few others. More than enough to warrant multiple playthroughs.

Combat-I really, really enjoy the combat. I'm not as great at it as some are, so I find it challenging, especially now that I am doing a run on Death March. It seems simple when you first look at it, but then you get into it and start fighting different things, and you can see the different ways that different monsters have of fighting. For instance, drowners and nekkers seem more aggressive than a lot of other monsters. They don't like to give one a lot of breathing room. There is nothing quite like being in the middle of three or four nekkers or drowners, weaving in and out of them, taking your shots as they present themselves. It really is like a dance. It gives me quite a good feeling when I do that and manage to come out of it untouched.

Graphic-This is a beautiful game, a really, really beautiful game. One of the things that I especially cannot get quite enough of is the lighting effects. My favorite times in this game are in the middle of a clear night with a full moon. Oh man that is just beautiful. Then you have sunrises and sunsets, just gorgeous.

I also really like the way the wind affects things in the game, the way it blows trees around the like. The storms as well are just really well done.

I definitely have to mention the character models as well. They are so very, very nice, and there are a lot of quite interesting looking people in this game.

Gwent-I was not expecting to be as much fun as it is, but I was pleasantly surprised. I would really love to see them make a full digital version of the game, like Hearthstone, that we can play online against people. I think they would probably have to add more cards and card abilities for this, but it certainly seems like it could be doable. I would play it.

Skill Progression-Here is one of the few areas of the game I didn't like as much. I didn't like to have to actually equip my abilities the way we did. If I spend a point or something, I think I should always have access to it. I think a better way of doing it would have been that instead of the mutagens giving us things like more health or a bonus to our attack power, they should have added bonuses to the abilities that they were connected to.

I also would have liked to see more abilities that were active rather than passive. Abilities that gave us more sword maneuvers perhaps or things that gave us abilities to combine sword strikes and signs.

Well, those are my main thoughts on 'The Witcher 3'. It is such a fantastic game, and it is one that I think sets the standard for next gen, or rather now I guess it's current gen. :p Can't wait for the DLC.

Great post. Most of it I could have written myself. Im simply blown away by this epic great future classic of art. More sword skills/animations and combos would have been awsome. The views on top of mountains in Skellige is unreal. Looks more like live-recording than something created in a studio. Jaw dropping is confirmed.

Thanks for the post - Yes - I also saw quite strong similarities with Zelda, Wind Waker is my personal favourite along with Fable 1 and 2, but on a much grander scale.

The Wild Hunt and White frost are foreshadowed throughout the book series - Wont go into spoilers.
The story is very varied and has so many different experiences to have - Lifting curses, solving murder mysteries and assisting both new and returning characters are all so very good.

Combat is great in this one, I agree, they have come along way from TW2.

The only gripe I have had with the graphics is that the NPC's face variation gets exhausted very quickly but that's not a problem so much as a limitation.

Nice post, and welcome to the forums <:

Top Bottom