TW3 PRELOAD - Availability

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ginger works for CDPR, not GOG :p

It's clearly not up since GOG Downloader and Manual are gone. Galaxy might be a serverside issue, I would suggest waiting lest like me you get a download that doesn't resume, you wouldn't want that now would you?
Well, GoG is owned by CD Projekt so I wouldn't be surprised if the staff at CDPR knew when it's officially up. Can't harm in asking. I'll wait till an announcement to start downloading.

Ginger works for CDPR, not GOG :p

It's clearly not up since GOG Downloader and Manual are gone. Galaxy might be a serverside issue, I would suggest waiting lest like me you get a download that doesn't resume, you wouldn't want that now would you?

well i already started, are you implying i will get some trouble?

well i already started, are you implying i will get some trouble?
I'm telling you what happened for me - Download started, got to 1.06GB and then paused and won't resume because they took it down. It will probably work again when they bring it back up.

(This is for GOG Downloader btw, not Galaxy, I'll wait and see how it fares for you guys)

Last edited:
I'm telling you what happened for me - Download started, got to 1.06GB and then paused and won't resume because they took it down. It will probably work again then tie bring it back up.

I"m way past 1 GB. Currently at about 12. Downloading just fine.

They're probably focusing their server resources on Galaxy for the first few hours to give people incentive to download it, as optional as it may be in the long run.

Restarted steam and nope, there nothing here. Imma do my regular crunches now and I'll see you guys later.

This Galaxy is slow as hell. At 14 GB currently, but on my internet speed I would have downloaded the game already if it was on say origin.

This Galaxy is slow as hell. At 14 GB currently, but on my internet speed I would have downloaded the game already if it was on say origin.
I usually get a more stable DL rate on Galaxy than Steam (Steam randomly drops connection for me). Did you check the connection settings? There's a few

Download speed is very up and down but downloading Grand Theft Auto V was way worse.

Attachments

• play.jpg
    play.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 60
For me it works just fine :)
Glad that galaxy uses all of my 16 MBit.. just wondering if it's only the english version, since galaxy has no other options..

I'm downloading The Witcher 1 right now through GOG Galaxy and it IS slow as hell (7 MB/s), but at least it's consistent unlike Steam which goes from 50 MB/s down to 100 KB/s.

Not sure what the complaints are about. The game is still 8 days away, you'll have plenty of time...or do you guys pay for kB?:p

Download speed is very up and down but downloading Grand Theft Auto V was way worse.
]

Oh my God, i still have nightmares from that torture of a download. I live in a Student house were i get free internet, but it gets downgraded very heavily if i download too much. So i download all game at the university, because i have pretty fast downloads there and it doesn't matter how much i download, and then just put the files from my laptop to my main pc.
And downloading Gta5 was such a pain.
1. The Download Launcher refreshes itself as fast as it can and uses up the WHOLE processing power of a core while doing it. Drains battery life like nothing else.
2. The Download slows to a crawl (about 50 kb/s) when it's about to finish downloading a file, and you have to pause and restart the download when that happens so it doesn't take forever.
3. The Download randomly corrupts some of the files it downloads. So after downloading 60!!! gb i had to download 15!! again, then 5! again and finally a single file a fourth time, which was about 2 gb big. You have to check the integrity of the files yourself btw.
I don't think they could have made it any worse if they tried.

Many of you seem to be having issues with consistent download speed. I'd say it's your particular ISP playing referee.

I have no speed drops at all on either Steam or GoG. Mind you, I also have a high quality modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom