TW3 Save game import

+
Well, it's not like you couldn't start a playthrough of The Witcher 1 and subsequently The Witcher 2 right now.
5 months seems reasonable for finishing both of them at least once.

And it just so happens that 1 & 2 are only $14.98 (or your regional equivalent) at the moment over at gog.com.

Last edited:
Well, it's not like you couldn't start a playthrough of The Witcher 1 and subsequently The Witcher 2 right now.
5 months seems reasonable for finishing both of them at least once.
I could. But I don't enjoy replaying games that much tbh. I have a pretty good memory and I find it just boring to experience the same stuff twice and all the tension is gone. That being said, I've already played both Witcher 2 twice and that's a pretty big deal for me since I almost never play a game more than once for the reason mentioned above... ;)

And then of course you shouldn't forget that some people don't have that much time to play games because of work, family, other leisure time activies and so on. If your free time is quite limited you probably want to play new games or games of your probably huge backlog instead of one you've already finished twice...

So I still think it would be nice to have that functionality on PC as well.

I'm wondering, how outfits from Dark Mode will be imported in TW3? Will it be still cursed?

Recently had re-played The Witcher 1 with keeping Mahakaman rune sihill, Gwalhir, Moonblade and neutral Raven's armor.
Now I'm finishing The Witcher 2 with different endings, but with all Dark outfits, Vran's armor + Elder Blood set, Caerme, Dancer, Forgotten Vran Sword (some of the endings), Operator's Staff, Deithwen, Addan Deith and all items from TW1. Just in case :)

Can't recall where I've read it, but I seem to remember the REDs saying that gear will not be carried over to W3 when using our saves.

Can't recall where I've read it, but I seem to remember the REDs saying that gear will not be carried over to W3 when using our saves.

Too bad, because crafting Kinslayer's outfit always was a pain in the ass, in a good way, if I could say so :D

The Witcher 2 Save Files for The Witcher 3

Hello, I've got TW2 Enhanced Edt. via Steam and while playing I activated Steam Cloud and I have no save games in documents/witcher 2/savegames. It is empty but I have in steam/userdata/20920(witcher 2 app id in steam)/remote. So my question is that can use that saves if I buy Witcher 3 from retail store, not steam. Can I simply copy the bunc of savefiles from there and simply paste them to documents/witcher 2/savegames. Or if I buy it via steam will game automatically see steam cloud files stored in steam folder.

---------- Updated at 05:51 PM ----------

I dont mean the gear I mean the decisions we've made and how it effects the witcher 3

Hello, I've got TW2 Enhanced Edt. via Steam and while playing I activated Steam Cloud and I have no save games in documents/witcher 2/savegames. It is empty but I have in steam/userdata/20920(witcher 2 app id in steam)/remote. So my question is that can use that saves if I buy Witcher 3 from retail store, not steam. Can I simply copy the bunc of savefiles from there and simply paste them to documents/witcher 2/savegames. Or if I buy it via steam will game automatically see steam cloud files stored in steam folder.

---------- Updated at 05:51 PM ----------

I dont mean the gear I mean the decisions we've made and how it effects the witcher 3

CDPR havent said anything about the import system, it's guesswork at this point.

To me the most interesting question is: just how important will be the decisions made in Witcher 2?

Last edited:
I think it's unlikely that any of your Witcher 2 decisions will be decisive (in the sense of, say, opening or blocking quest lines or character relationships). Causing them to make too much difference would affect the ability of the game to stand on its own. For example, whether Triss testified at the summit may affect what you hear about the persecution of the mages; whether Henselt survived may affect what you hear about the course of the war or what happened to Ves.

Last edited:
I guess we just have to admit that North is screwed anyways despite one or other decision... That's the main point / plot of W2.

That being said: In my favourite ending, after saving Anais, most of the mages in Loc Muine were MASSACARED badly.. It was a total slaughterhouse when I returned after a fight with a dragon. So my question is - will this ending somehow affect the Mages status in Witcher 3 ?? I would love to.

Last edited:
So this whole save state thing is really stressing me out just a bit. I'm wavering between getting the PS4 / PC collector's edition . My computer is pretty good and will run Witcher 3 but if I want it to have full on specs I would need to upgrade it for like $400.00 for a new graphics card. Why do that when I can get a new PS4? But one thing I want to know is whether they can import PC saves from Witcher 2, and if not, how important it is to the current story. How big are the changes to the third game depending on your choices? Hell, I even saved the witch in the first Act of the first game.

Transferring saves from a plataform to another one

Hello everyone.
Recently I bought the witcher 1 and the witcher 2 on steam, and everybody know that the witcher 3 is coming, and I will buy the new witcher on xbox one. I would like to know if there will be some way to use the saves that a have on pc on xbox one.
Thank you for the atention.
(sorry for grammar errors, english is not my main language)

Hello everyone.
Recently I bought the witcher 1 and the witcher 2 on steam, and everybody know that the witcher 3 is coming, and I will buy the new witcher on xbox one. I would like to know if there will be some way to use the saves that a have on pc on xbox one.
Thank you for the atention.
(sorry for grammar errors, english is not my main language)

I'm also interested to know if there'll be some kind of save game import (from PC to PS4)

Top Bottom