Unofficial FAQ for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Sorry if this has been asked before, This seemed like the best place to ask this question, lol. Has it been confirmed as to whether or not we can re-allocate our skill points if at some time we feel we messed up Geralt? Thanks

Has it been confirmed as to whether or not we can re-allocate our skill points if at some time we feel we messed up Geralt? Thanks

I feel as though it has been confirmed, but I can't seem to locate the source. Anyone else know for sure?

The issue may be more complex than I thought. This may explain something on the topic:

Here's the way the skill development works.

There are 4 groups of skills. Swordsmanship, Alchemy, Signs and Miscellaneous. The fifth group some folks were talking about is Mutagens.

As you level up the character, you unlock various skills. You can then assign them to one of the slots. Assigning a skill to a slot makes it active - you can activate and deactivate skills at will making custom builds to suit your current needs best. There are up to 12 slots (+ 4 for mutagens) which are being unlocked as you progress - mutagens modify skills making the skills stronger. To make mutagens even more effective, it's best to use the same type of mutagen and skills in one combination.

It looks as though there'll be a pool of skills, to which you add with levels, which can be activated and deactivated, as need be.

Update, from the Forum Q&A with Damien Monnier:

Butcher_of_Cidaris asked:
Will there be a possibility to restart your skills at some point in a game like in TW2?

Yes but you lose the things you have acquired from places of power.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/35297-Developer-Spotlight-2-Damien-Monnier

Last edited:
There was something about using an elixir to respec. Don't know what context that is in.

Most customisation is from live switching of the unlocked skills into the available slots at need, but it has been said that it is possible to redo the whole tree.

Hi there, I was reading the FAQ's and was wondering since you will be able to Re-map the keys on the keyboard, do you think you will also be able to Re-map on the consoles as well? Thanks in advance. :)

Does the retail version of the game use Steam or GOG Galaxy for installation? Do I need an internet connection to play?

No, the retail version is DRM-free and does not force you to use Steam or any other online platform; however, the game is available for purchase on Steam. If you purchase a digital copy, once you've downloaded the game, you will not need to be connected to the internet to play it. The same applies for the physical retail copy. Please note, however, an internet connection will be required to download patches, the 16 DLCs, and the digital Expansions.

I dont understand this sorry my english is not to good.
I ordered the retail evrsion but i want to play it true steam, does this mean the cd-key on the retail version does not work with steam ?
If this is the case i cansel my colectors edition of the game, and buy the steam version, because i also own the 2 other witches games on steam :S

I really wanted that statue but if its not working on steam, i refund the 140 euro i already payed, and buy the steam version.
Please anser my question thank u.

Also another question my witcher 2 savegames are on steam cloud, and not in the savemap folter its empty, does this mean i still can use my witcher 2 savegames true cloud on steam when i purchase the witcher 3 on steam, does steam cloud seeying those saves for the witcher 3 ?

Last edited:
I ordered the retail evrsion but i want to play it true steam, does this mean the cd-key on the retail version does not work with steam ?
If this is the case i cansel my colectors edition of the game, and buy the steam version, because i also own the 2 other witches games on steam :S

The CD key on the retail version does not work with Steam.

The CD key on the retail version does not work with Steam.
Oke thank u for claring that up.
Another question, when i buy the game true steam [the witcher 3] is it possible that i can use my steam cloud saves from the witcher 2, into the witcher 3 ?

Oke thank u for claring that up.
Another question, when i buy the game true steam [the witcher 3] is it possible that i can use my steam cloud saves from the witcher 2, into the witcher 3 ?

No idea. Worst case, I'd expect you can download them to your PC, use them to import into TW3, and then go back to using Steam Cloud on TW3.

No idea. Worst case, I'd expect you can download them to your PC, use them to import into TW3, and then go back to using Steam Cloud on TW3.
Well i hope some one here on the forums knows this because the witcher 2 saves on steam are fused on steam cloud.There is no way u can use the seperated witcher 2 saves in your folder my documents etc etc to show up [even when switching steam cloud off], only the gog version works like that, so i hope somebody from cd red knows how this works, because thats pretty important to know.

Imagine u have a Dark-Mode save file from the witcher 2 on steam cloud and u cant use that savefile on the witcher 3 on steam, that would be terrible.

Last edited:
EatChildren at NeoGAF has created a nice little infograph about the lore for beginners. Dunno if this is the right fit, but a link might not be a bad idea I think: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=161943253#post161943253

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I m New to this forum (as a poster). I m a french witcher fan. I ve read all books and played all games.

Since i got a ps4, one feature i found really helpful is remote play. Really convenient when the wife and kids are watching tv. I ve read and old news from 2013 where game director said they will adapt control scheme for every platform including Vita.(like putting R2 / L2 on vita's triggers)

Are there any news or dev confirmation about that recently ?

Thanks

I've seen some of these gamplay videos and I've noticed exclamation marks for quests on the map. I was wondering if we're going to be able to turn that of as it, at least for me take me out of the experience of exploration. I want to talk to people without knowing they have a quest, it makes so much more fun! Otherwise the game looks great, can't wait!

Yes the HUD is highly customizable for PC PS4 and XB One. One of the things you can turn off is the quest markers or the minimap entirely.

Last edited:
Oh thank god!!! I was so worried because the exclamation marks takes me right out of the immersion! Thanks for the quick response! :)

Depends. Sometimes a new installer for the whole game. Sometimes a patch. Sometimes both (i.e. the base game is updated, and a patch is provided for installed games).

Top Bottom