What are your plans for release day/week?

+
What are your plans for release day/week?

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting but I have been floating around these forums for quite a long time. I enjoy reading what all of you have posted over the years even though some of the posts I may not agree with but nonetheless it's awesome to see fans being so passionate about a series of games they truly care about.

Now that I have gotten my introduction out of the way it's time for my questions. Whenever I have my heart set on a great game (or a series for that matter) I often plan out what my day(s) will be like following the official release date. I know I'm not the only adult here with a severe hobby for PC gaming so I'd like to hear from others as to their plans following the games release. Personally, I will not start playing TW3 until Friday the 22nd. Just like a lot of you, I work full-time and I find it very difficult and even distracting when trying to start a game like TW3 as soon as I get off late from work on a Tuesday night. Once I start a game like this I need to put in at least 4+ hours (usually more) and if I cannot I will wait. Since I work four 10+ hour days I often get 3 days off for my weekend, maybe more depending on OT and as it happens I'm off work from the 22nd to the 26th so you can imagine what those days will be like! I even lucked out with my vacation this year being the last week of June so I'll have plenty of time to play both TW3 and Batman: Arkham Knight, yay! :pc:

Anyway, I was wondering what everyone else does before, during and after a release of a game like TW3. Have you guys planned to take time off of work/school? What are some snacks you buy that you like to grub on while you play? (I always have lots of coffee/soda/water and nachos/salsa/hot dogs/beef jerky/fruit, and I might even order a pizza) :pizza:As you're playing TW3 will you play as a nice and caring Witcher who will stop to help everyone in need or will you be a cold and heartless Witcher that's only out to make moves if it benefits your need? I think I'll be somewhere in the middle but leaning towards heartless. Hell, we're Witchers, most people show us no love until there's a problem they can't solve or there's something that they want and they need us to get it for them (Oh, the roleplaying possibilities!). Then there's the reported 200+ hours of complete game play. Wow, that's a lot of content so I'm just going to let it flow; I won't worry about if I'm on a side quest or main quest just as long as it feels right. But with any game that has this much content it's going to takes up a lot of time from us gamers which can lead to girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/husband aggro and it can lead to something like this :popo:

Luckily for me I have a wife that knows about and understands my hobby for gaming so she's cool with all of the big game releases and she even watches me play for a while and asks questions. Hell, she was the one that bought me my GTX 980! Do any of you have significant others that do/do not understand your love for gaming? If not, how do you handle it? Have any of you successfully turned your significant other into a gamer? What's the one thing that you're looking forward to the most in TW3?

Well, this first post has been fun and slightly long, lol! I hope I get to chat with all of you that share in my enthusiasm for this last game in the series!
:welcome:

I'm very fortunate not to have any obligations for the following weeks and in the first release week there also won't be anybody to interrupt or in any way bother my temporarily secluded life. And in the release day (18th for me), I plan to get some sleep on the afternoon just so I can play until later at night!

I plan on planning the minute it unlocks (Monday @ 7:00 PM EST) where I live and plan to play as long as I can that night. With work and family I will find as much time as possible to play the first week, although I would love to binge on it.

Hoping I can start the GOG.com preload asap.

Probably look at the threads of people complaining how the graphics don't look at all like they did from 2013 and how it is in fact no YouTube Compression lol

Play the physical Witcher board game the night before. Marathon all the videos. Play it a few hours early on my PC then go with my significant other to the midnight launch for his PS4 CE

Work hard on school which I neglected too much. Then go back from my parents to my own place, download the game and cry that I can't run it.

Sken

Forum veteran
I booked a day off work for the 19th. It unlocks at 8:30am where I live, so I have a full day of playing a head of me.

Snacks & drinks have been organized, will likely order a pizza delivery for lunch.

Fingers cross launch day goes smooth.

I took Monday (game unlocks at about 6pm here) through Wednesday off work , so I plan on playing non-stop for a few days.

My fridge will look like this

Attachments

• RedBull.jpg
    RedBull.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 45
I had preordered the game and planned to play it upon release but the Nvidea shot that was released and then taken down has me a little on edge currently regarding the atmosphere which is a important part to me in an RPG. The game just feels different to me when compared to the 35 min demo. So instead of playing on release day I will be watching let's plays sporadically the first week or so to get a feel for the game before I decide whether I want to buy it or not and if I should invest in a 980 for it :)

Beer + hours in lieu (my employer allows me to take time off when I've been working weekends or long nights for weeks on end) = two days of TW3 next week (Tue + Wed)... unless they have high priority stuff I must be at work to address in which case I won't get to the game before the evening of the 22nd.

I probably wont actually play until around 9:00 p.m. on May 19 here. Which is about 26 hours after official release:crybaby:. I'm getting a retail copy (already reserved at my local store) so I don't think I can get it to the 19th here. I'll play everyday between when my wife goes to work and I do (about 1 hour) and two or so hours after she goes to bed every night but before I do. It will probably take me 6 weeks to get through the first play-through. I will be dark for a while.

Have taken the entire week off (not just for the game) so I'll have plenty of time with it before I have to go back to work :)

It unlocks at 7PM EST for me on the 18th but I probably won't really full on play it until the afternoon on the 19th...got work really earlier.

funny text :) i'll try to download the game as fast as the internet conection can, play it all maxed out, until the gtx 970 explodes, i'll surely have cookies, i don't have any friends, family, girlfriend or anything like that in the world, so no worry about :popo: , and noone understands my love for gaming, on the first playthrough i'll be the nice and caring witcher who stops to helps everyone in need, on the second playthrough i'll be the ruthless ultimate killing machine who kills and/or f**** anything that moves , the thing i'm looking for the most is to be able to play at ultra settings with 60 fps, and then just doing all side quests, exploring, and see what this new adventure has for us. :look:

Last edited:
I am currently re-reading the series now which I might be able to finish in time for release day. However, I have not decided if I want to play the first two games after the books, which would delay my Witcher 3 gaming by about a month. I played the second one on xbox 360, never played the first. Now I have a nice rig that I built for this game so I am tempted to go through the first two games!

I've started a new job so I won't be able to play as soon as it unlocks. There is memorial weekend for me so I'll be able to do a 3 day sitting on it.

Top Bottom