What don't you like about The Witcher 3?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah only that point 3 and 7 are not true, and point 1, 2 and 6 are reasonable. (IMO)

Well all of them are regressive and obvious streamlining for more casual players. Though 6 is same in as in W2, no? I know I found it annoying there also.

But unlimited bombs, potions and bolts, FUCK that even in Call Of Duty you have ammo, I mean that's just ridiculous, it's such a betrayal for any alchemical player. And what stops the player from spamming bombs and bolts?

Last edited:
I dont expect the dev to go through all these pages, at all.
Why not? This thread is literally a gold mine of information, about how people perceive what they consider the negative aspects of the game. Not all of it is "gold" mind you but it's very good way to get a feel about what things people dislike.

When you make something be it build a car, code a management application or make a game if you have people come up to you and explain what things they dislike, what they would like changed etc. you can view things from a different perspective and make better decisions. You don't have to take everything to heart but it can help out immensely at doing a better job.

In Skyrim it would have been freaking annoying to not use fast travel already and The Witcher's map 8km2 big.
Skyrim's world is boring and lifeless, that's the reason why people mostly used fast travel.

Take a good open world game for example like Red Dead Redemption. It also has fast travel system and it handles it pretty much the same as TW3 will. The difference is i barely ever used fast travel in that game, because they managed to create a world that feels very alive and realistic. The fact that i still enjoyed riding my horse to every location until i was finished with the game.

If TW3 will handle the open world like RDR did then fast travel won't be a problem, not for me at least. From all gameplays that we saw i have a feeling CDPR is on the right track.

I dont expect the dev to go through all these pages, at all.

If you want the devs to see it, the best way is individual threads about particular areas of concern. That's already been happening, and most of the things mentioned here have already got their thread.

If the devs want to know what people think about something, they're much more likely to go and look at a thread where many people are giving feedback on the specific topic, and explaining WHY they don't like it. They're more likely to get feel for any problems that way than they are in a list of bullet points that say no more than "I don't like this".

Of course, it also allows people to say they're OK with something, but then that's what feedback's about.

Rockstar made a great open world in RDR. I never used fast travel in that game just like I tend not to when a game is immersive and enthralling. Especially with such awesome horse mechanics. Who needs fast travel?

I agree. But there is also a group of players that likes going straight to the point and, as long as it's not an obligation, it's a good thing that there is the option to fast travel. Said that, I know I will never use it. So there is no problem at all concerning this mechanic.

The priority to me is fixing animations and making a deep combat system. And changing Geralt's face. I can get over all the other flaws.

But unlimited bombs, potions and bolts, FUCK that even Call Of Duty you have ammo, I mean that's just ridiculous, it's such a betrayal for any alchemical player. And what stops the player from spamming bombs and bolts?

While giving feedback is perfectly OK, spreading misinformation is not. The inaccuracy of that statement has already been pointed out several times in this thread, including the post you quoted.

constructive criticism is fundamental nowadays to build anything if you want to archive best quality in your product, and this works for every product you manufacture, even the smallest ones like cookies or cat food.

to bad that some people see criticism as attacks on the game and devs. everyone wants the best witcher possible.

Quoted for Truth.

And on another point people are raising: I have always played Open World games without using Fast Travel. At the very least I journey out on a Quest, I may fast travel back if I know there's nothing between me and home base worth doing or seeing now. Hopefully TW3 will have random elements for us "ramblers" that encourage or reward less map jumping. I don't mind them adding fast travel, I won't be forced to use it, I can metagame my own enjoyment level whenever i'm given the option to. Options are great ! ;)

What i don t like on W3 so far...

Well most of the things they bother me with the witcher 3 are not shown so far.

Like:

Fallback option for older resolution support (5:4 and 4:3 ones)
Savegame mechanics (beeing able to override previous savegames IN GAME)
"common" looting for ingredients plants, beasts and so on

AND MOST IMPORTANT

I DISLIKE THAT STERILE CONSOLE UI we ve seen in the presentation CDPR hear me?
Please overhaul the UI for PC to be closer to TW1. For example the 3D wolf medallion instead of that
plain one... and the 3D meditationtimer instead of that meditation timer shown in the presentation.

Guess for most of you those are minor things... but i assure you THOSE MINOR things
are going to bother you over the whole game ;)

From experience long term beta testing of numerous MMO's one thing I always noticed is that many of the minor UI elements, like icons and such, are amongst the vary last things to be implemented. They are generally very quick to do, once you have the art design decided, and the ultimate art style of a games UI is often left to the last minute to make everything consistent.

In other words, don't be surprised if many of these things - especially 2d elements - are simply placeholders at the moment. Continue to point out the things you'd like changed, recommended how you'd like them to change, but make no assumptions that what we see is what we'll get. This is the basis of constructive criticism - make recommendations, not damning assumptions.

Last edited:
Can't say for sure that when games come out I won't like it, but right now I have this feeling that, TW1 Alchemy with alcohol base and TW2 Alchemy when you have to drink before combat would be so much better, auto refilling potions feels like dumbing down the game :(

The thing i dont like about the Witcher 3 is.......................that i cant play it now!

Well all of them are regressive and obvious streamlining for more casual players. Though 6 is same in as in W2, no? I know I found it annoying there also.

But unlimited bombs, potions and bolts, FUCK that even Call Of Duty you have ammo, I mean that's just ridiculous, it's such a betrayal for any alchemical player. And what stops the player from spamming bombs and bolts?

Completely agree on 2nd paragraph, I'M just saying we do not clearly know that atm, since we have no confirmation either way and some very contradictory messages regarding the potion/alchemy system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom