Will Nilfgaardian forces include women?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
In what capacity? I guess they have field hospitals, with women serving as medics (the same as with Northern medics like Shani during the battle of Brenna). May be as other non-combatants assisting the army. Will they have fighting women enlisted in cavalry or infantry units? I doubt it.

I'm pretty sure some of them were female in TW2

I think all the Nilfgaardian Women in TW2 were Spies/Sorceresses.

Will we see them fighting on the front-lines? Probably not (Except maybe Sorceresses). However there will definitely be Nilgaardian Women around the place in some way.

It'd be interesting if the Nilfgaardian sorceresses were presented in a somewhat different light, perhaps more reserved and patriotic, or they could introduce battle mages that specialize in warfare.

In what capacity? I guess they have field hospitals, with women serving as medics (the same as with Northern medics like Shani during the battle of Brenna). May be as other non-combatants assisting the army. Will they have fighting women enlisted in cavalry or infantry units? I doubt it.

Nilfgaard isn't the North. According to the books, women do fight in their military. It's certainly not presented as a 50/50 thing, but it's not the rarity it is for Northerners either.

Hmm... I've never thought about it before but if the books go the 'realistic' route then I don't expect fighting women in a medieval setting where it's all about physical strength.

Wouldn't be wise to take on these women in a battle to be settled by physical strength.

Seriously, you're right, but it's made up for by this: when women have been called on to fight, they have fought with courage and audacity that make up for any deficiency in stature, reach, or muscle mass.

I still don't expect to see Nilfgaardian women in the regular infantry or cavalry. But as spies, sharpshooters, and assassins, women aren't inferior to men.

Back on topic please. And the topic isn't trolls. Several posts have been deleted.

Last edited:
I'd say that in this Medieval setting, women would better fit in the army as Lieutenants. Meaning thta they would very rarely fight, but give out orders and influence morale.

Did not read about any woman commander during the Battle of Brenna though.

As far as spies, assassins and infiltrators are concerned, women have an important role in Nilfgaard's forces I would say.

I can't see how well they would do as "footmen". Most Nilfgaardian Units use heavy armor, and while women are able to wear it, their body mass is significantly lower than that of men. So technically it would be a waste of resources, since body mass would play a very important role in a close quarters, heavy armored fight.

I'm sure women would make fine archers though.

And then again, they could also be medics. Or accountants. Or even engineers.

Actually, women can join Nilfgaardian army and fight on battle field among other soldiers.
In books (I thing it was "The Tower of Swallow) there were two sisters. They joined the army, but they were arrested because they attacked their officer (he wanted to "have fun" with them). It was also said that women have (by law) same rights like man.

I sure as hell hope people don't start complaining about Geralt killing women if they decide to include female soldiers.

Nilfgaard isn't the North. According to the books, women do fight in their military. It's certainly not presented as a 50/50 thing, but it's not the rarity it is for Northerners either.

If is it true to lore why not. But I would rather see it as rare thing than 1/2 women in each encounter.

It is not just about sword fighting. It is about wearing armor and shields, and running, marching, and fighting for hours during battles. It is all very different from modern firefights.

Yes, women at that time were not so spoiled are they are now. Me, as a woman, I really wish to live the way they lived, washing on rivers carring dry clothes in the going and wet clothes in the coming back, carring water, milk, harvests, plows, tools, logs, walking for hours under sun or rain to the next town to barter, etc, etc, etc .... No words ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom