Will we see (insert name here) in the paid expansions?

+
You mean making The Witcher 1 again?

No. I mean the transitional period between the boy and the man. The confused teenager could pop up in any place and timeline. Could try (in vain of course) to prevent his future path. Would be interesting to see how he became who he became.

But yeah, id buy a witcher 1 remake.

Well, for Hearts of Stone, Shani seams to be a very likely...

This (German) article also speculates as much: http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/news/witcher_3,49062,3233965.htm

Attachments

• 600x.jpg
    600x.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
From what you learn about what Shani's up to during the story it sounds like a pre-ending DLC to me - Unless set post-ending.

depends. If the expansions are only post ending then maybe but if they can be played before the ending then I would say no. would love to see ciri, triss and yennefer in a third expansion though because CDPR said that the second expansion would be out 1st quarter of next year and that they wont fully move on to cyberpunk until 2017. so that gives 3/4 of a year to develop another expansion.

Red already answer if expansions will mash with main story or be played separated, like in TW1?

---------- Updated at 12:21 PM ----------

Shani added as a main romance woul finally make justice for us who romanced her on TW1 and were forced on Triss on TW2.

No. I mean the transitional period between the boy and the man. The confused teenager could pop up in any place and timeline. Could try (in vain of course) to prevent his future path. Would be interesting to see how he became who he became.

I think he was commenting more to the fact that you aksed for exactly what happens in Witcher 1 only that Alvin was a kid at the time.

As gtcarlson already said, I meant that this is almost the same thing what happenend in The Witcher 1. Geralt was kind of travelling around with him (of course not on purpose) and Alvin saw a lot of shit. Geralt was commenting some of those events and influenced Alvin. You already know well how he became who he became.

I think he was commenting more to the fact that you aksed for exactly what happens in Witcher 1 only that Alvin was a kid at the time.

Exactly.

Bruxas, Fledders and Strigas!!

I really missed those in game. They're kind of iconic I think, the Ekimmara and Katakan do look a bit like the Feddlers, but I missed some monster to "fill the spot" of the Bruxa and the striga.

Attachments

• Bestiary_Bruxa_full.png
    Bestiary_Bruxa_full.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Bestiary_Fleder_full.png
    Bestiary_Fleder_full.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Bestiary_Striga_full (1).png
    Bestiary_Striga_full (1).png
    74 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
As much as I want to see certain characters show up in the expansions (Shani, Iorveth, Saskia, etc.), I only want to see them if it makes sense to the story. I don't want "Easter egg" appearances where they're only slotted into the expansion to appease the fanbase.

Is that so? That's shit then. So Geralts story is over officially and nothing comes after the Wild Hunt has been defeated. And we cant see the main characters again. What a goddamn shame....

Well, that's what was said about the two planned DLCs at least... that's also the reason why you are brought back to point before the ending after completing the story. It also most likely means that the DLCs will not play into the main story in any way. It's a very clean plan, if a rather "gamey" one.

Was intended originally as a bit of humor but there is a lot of potential unexplored story there.
In the first game there is no definitive moment where his future is determined. He has no control over his power.
Theres at least 40 years between his appearences and he has to learn to control that power somewhere.
I would like to know more about his story but it is probably meant to remain a mystery.

I think post-end expansions might work. If we look closer we see, that story in a video game is not really about Geralt but about prophecy of White Cold and Wild Hunt. Geralt (and lot of other characters) just got it right time in right place.

So now Wild Hunt is kicked out of scene and WC is.. well, whatever your ending is, Geralt live his own live, but it don't bound him to one place. He can still hunt monsters and visit old friends. Universe continue to live as it was, story of Geralt and others is principle go on.

So, my opinion: Shani can be visited at field hospital even after "game story" is over. Old places (like Vizima) could be included.

Visenna, Geralt's mother. There are a lot of potential emotional moments with that character and the short story she was in was one of my favorites from the book series.

Top Bottom