Witcher 3 music

+
Forgive me if this has already been posted but I haven't seen it mentioned on this thread yet. There were some tracks from the Witcher Adventure game put on youtube that are supposedly in The Witcher 3 and they sound REALLY good, none have overriding vocals and they bring back the sound and some melodies from the first game!! Here's one that's probably my favourite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHkJG14AExI

Just watched the Blood Eagle episode of the Vikings and this bit from the ending scene (boy what a scene) gave me a strong Witcher wibe

I just wanted to pop in and say how damn awesome that Music in the Trailer was.

There wasn't much of it, however if I'm not mistaken it was part of the Main Witcher Theme, but sounded so powerfully Viking/Nordic due to the instrument choice. Absolutely loved it and I have no doubt that Skellige will feature some very "Viking-Themed" tracks to go with the more soft stuff we've heard like Fields of Ard Skellige and Bonnie at Morn.

Last edited:
I just wanted to pop in and say how damn awesome that Music in the Trailer was.

There wasn't much of it, however if I'm not mistaken it was part of the Main Witcher Theme, but sounded so powerfully Viking/Nordic due to the instrument choice. Absolutely loved it and I have no doubt that Skellige will feature some very "Viking-Themed" tracks to go with the more soft stuff we've heard like Fields of Aard Skellige and Bonnie at Morn.

I agree, dont know whats going on with the graphics, but audio team is doing one hell of a job, soundtrack is going to be awesome. :)

As a huge Skellige nerd, I have to say that the music in the latest trailer left me all moist. Whoever was the composer for that track, huge respect from me, perfect blending of the Witcher theme and Skelligan sounds. Now my only wish is that maybe CDPR will release the track for download.

*hint**hint* @Marcin Momot. :p

Just watched the Blood Eagle episode of the Vikings and this bit from the ending scene (boy what a scene) gave me a strong Witcher wibe

That series tho

I finished watching it a while ago

Can't wait for the new season

But to get back to Witcher 3,

I would love to heard more tracks from the game

As a huge Skellige nerd, I have to say that the music in the latest trailer left me all moist. Whoever was the composer for that track, huge respect from me, perfect blending of the Witcher theme and Skelligan sounds. Now my only wish is that maybe CDPR will release the track for download.

*hint**hint* @Marcin Momot. :p

I don't know Kinley, is souds great and all, but a small rock bits wouldn't hurt TW3 trailers. It would give more power to the picture.
Eh, nevermind, I'm probably listening too much folk rock. :sad:

Last edited:
What? You can NEVER have too much rock!

Yeah, I mean isn't this great? :p

@AL890 It's belarusian folk song performed by ukrainian group.

I'll try my best.

As arrow went around the village
Do not touch arrow a good fellow
About good fellow, cried about him
Old mother, little sister
Little sister, young wife
Where mother crying - there the river flows
Where sister crying - there's a lake
Where widow is crying - there's a spring.

Last edited:
I don't know Kinley, is souds great and all, but a small rock bits wouldn't hurt TW3 trailers. It would give more power to the picture.
Eh, nevermind, I'm probably listening too much folk rock. :sad:

Don't let @sidspyker see that you said that. :p

Have to say that I enjoyed the rock elements that Skorupa put in in previous soundtracks. But perhaps we're in the minority on that one.

Personally, I'm fine with rock elements but not full-on folk rock. The vocals never fit in that case imo, as you have 2 strong elements - vocals and instruments - competing instead of one supporting the other, resulting in what is essentially a cacophony of stuff wailing at you.

This, for example, I like:

It has a nice guitar riff in the background, adding more 'power' to the track, but it never overshadows the vocals, never forces them to overcompensate, which, I find, happens a lot in folk rock.

Don't let @sidspyker see that you said that. :p

Have to say that I enjoyed the rock elements that Skorupa put in in previous soundtracks. But perhaps we're in the minority on that one.
Destroys the amazing atmosphere created by the mainmenu theme before that for me. I mean that theme makes me grin like an idiot and then the rock stuff starts and it changes into an expression of disgust I don't know how else to express it

Destroys the amazing atmosphere created by the mainmenu theme before that for me. I mean that theme makes me grin like an idiot and then the rock stuff starts and it changes into an expression of disgust I don't know how else to express it

So I guess you hate these two?

I personally love them. :harhar:

---------- Updated at 03:40 PM ----------

Oh and this one?

Last edited:
Can't listen right now(still on vacation y'know) but what I mean is it just conflicts too much for me. Authentic 'cultural'/'folk' sounding music and then suddenly unfitting electrified guitar riffs. It just switches direction immediately.

Imagine if suddenly during a boss battle a Witcher game had electronic synth music just after you were listening to the calm and sweet Flotsam ambient music or the Murky Waters music.

Can't listen right now(still on vacation y'know) but what I mean is it just conflicts too much for me. Authentic 'cultural'/'folk' sounding music and then suddenly unfitting electrified guitar riffs. It just switches direction immediately.

Imagine if suddenly during a boss battle a Witcher game had electronic synth music just after you were listening to the calm and sweet Flotsam ambient music or the Murky Waters music.

Can't imagine who wouldn't want to hear this while fighting the griffin:

:p

Joking aside, I actually love the music direction during combat in TW3 so far, it's the exploration tracks that I'm not that impressed by (same goes for TW2's OST.)

Top Bottom