Witcher 3 Resolutions at launch

+
I am also very interested in this, since I actually have a 21:9 display for about 2 years. Some games support it natively, some not. The most blatant case is Ubisoft - none of their games support it AFAIK. I played SC:Blacklist with terrible black bars on the sides and more recently Far Cry 4 (which stretches the 1920x1080 to 2560x1080, hence distorting aspect ratio)
CDPR, please, don't follow the way of Ubi. Don't do this.

Last edited:

Guest 3788317

TW3 PC - Supported resolutions

What resolutions will be supported by the game?
Mainly im interessted if it will support 21:9 - 3440x1440p ... does somebody know if it will be supported?

THANK YOU!!!

I'm thinking of getting a 21:9 monitor and would like to know this aswell, and yes people use those monitors.

I just curious -anyone have the monitor that big?
I have.

If I remmeber well, nope. It runs fine at 21:9 without tweaking anything.
But I have to be honest, I'm not entirely sure about it.
Nope. It doesn't run fine. Or it runs fine as long as you don't interact with anyone. As soon as a dialog starts, the game gets messed up.

I just use 2560x1440 and when I want to take a screenshot switch to 3440x1440.

May i ask how much inches or cm are they? This matter became very interesting for me. And how they are resouse takefull for your system and videocard . How 21:9 affect it?

May i ask how much inches or cm are they?
Here are the specs of my monitor:

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=hk&l=en&s=bsd&cs=hkbsd1&sku=210-AEBV

This matter became very interesting for me. And how they are resouse takefull for your system and videocard . How 21:9 affect it?
Well, it's harder to drive than 2560x1440 but still a lot easier than 4K. But to be able to play modern games at high settings you need a powerful GPU and I would personally recommend SLI/CFX. 3440x1440 is roughly 4.95 megapixels. In comparison 1080p is about 2 mp..

Love gaming on this thing. The added horizontal screen space truly shines especially in first person games. But there are some issues with HUD elements in certain games and some games need a fix to be able to work properly. And there are games that flat out don't support the aspect ratio at all. Great for immersion and atmosphere but I probably wouldn't use this for MP games.

Here's a few screenshots I took from different games:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ogame-Thread?p=1537333&viewfull=1#post1537333

Serious stuff and as i thougt expensive too. But thrilling and stimulating to grow and buy one of those in future. Thanks for explanation.

Serious stuff and as i thougt expensive too. But thrilling and stimulating to grow and buy one of those in future. Thanks for explanation.
There are cheaper options available. Those 29" 2560x1080 models are a lot cheaper, and IIRC LG is releasing a model that comes with Freesync sometime this year.

Devs, please take notice of this thread. This is an easy YES or NO answer (but please God let it be a YES).

21:9 is the future :)

Guest 3788317

Hello DEVS! Something new to this topic? Please REPLY!

We can expect Flawless Widescreen or Widescreen Fixer to be on the job even if CDPR isn't, but c'mon guys, it's 2015. If TW3 is the "truly next gen." experience that its touted as on this website, then it'll support widescreen & multi-monitor setups.

Guest 3788317

yeah sure - but c'mon its 2015 ... and the game was delayed due to quality reason - it will be the final witcher game - it should be perfect. PERFECT!

and by perfect it means it should also include all the wishes from the fans (at least the technical one). SO PLEASE DEVS ... go for it 21:9 !!!!

Eskimoe, the problem is that to support that beautifull picture in good quality it requires a powerfull graphic card too , mot likely SLI. The monitor itself not the problem-its worth and long time worthfull buying.

Guest 3788317

so? where is the problem? SLI or Crossfire? as long as its possible :D

Top Bottom