Would you want a competitive mode in Cyberpunk 2077?

+

• I would love a competitive mode in Cyberpunk 2077

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I would not like to have a competitive mode in Cyberpunk 2077

Votes: 20 87.0%

• Total voters

I think it would be fun and interesting to include. Imagine how many possibilities there can be with this mode. Let your imagination run wild. :)

A little bit yes and a little bit no?

One part of me says yes because tbh I always wanted to play at least SOME form of cyberpunk multiplayer (Black Ops 3 and ghost in the shell first assault don't count :p) but it has to be balanced or else its useless to me.

One part of me says no because CDPR should be putting in their effort on the single-player first and the multi-player second.

Thats my thoughts anyway.

I say no. Multiplayer in a game that in my head is The Witcher 3 set in a Cyberpunk world wouldn't make sense. An 'arcade' where you compete against other people on a scoreboard would be as much as I would hope for. The last thing I want is a tacked on competitive mode for a game that doesn't need it.

I'm certain '77 will take a radically different path than TW3. Of course they'll take the best bits like quest design, C&C, level art and open world ambience. But they've been working on this since 2013 with separate leads and a separate team. They're going to innovate, not copy what they've just done.

As for MP, still quite skeptical they can pull it off without feeling tacked on like every other MP in every other SP game.

Last edited:
No. The devs should not waste time and resources in competitive multiplayer, they must focus on Single Player, the only Multiplayer mode that I'd like is Cooperative, 4 players against waves of enemies, doing missions, colaborating, protecting, helping each other, like the multi of mass effect 3.

I respect pople's opinions wanting competitive, but I really don't think this is for Cyberpunk 2077.

We don't even know yet if there wil be a multiplayer mode.

Last edited:
Yeah the only thing that we know is that CDPR is trying to incorporate some kind've multiplayer.

But hey, it could be like Witcher 3 and they give up on the idea.

I didn't know they wanted to incorporate multi in tw3 :s
"some kind of multiplayer" could that also mean Coop for the Story missions? like dead space 3? I didn't like it

I hope the devs read this thread

But ... but ... but ... competitive multi-player games sell well !
Just tack on something and our sales will improve at least 50%.

((E/A marketing exec))

No.
No Coop
No MP.

There are more than enough games for that in my opinion.
We need more good Singleplayer Games...

Co-op could be interesting, but needs a lot of other stuff to cope with say 4 player characters all in the same game. tricky in an RPG. so, totally okay if they don't both with it.

Competitive...depends, could be fun, but only if it fits the context of the game.( like restricted faction wars or something). GTA "Let's wreck this city apart"...no. Above all else, multiplayer should "respect" and follow single player.
Would be cool if we had more social aspect of the game, plus emotes, etc.

I lean towards no. I would be alright with it I guess if it was something like arena style combat simulator in the SP campaign, where when you entered it, the game moved to a MP or PvAI combat. Otherwise no. Even this way I still think I would prefer the game without it. Too much opportunity cost and resources taken from SP to devote to something that ought to be completely optional.

Nope, unless it's totally independent like Arena and they start work on it only after finishing and releasing the main game. If they're doing MP, I only want co-op against the AI.

Top Bottom