Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I'm posting fan art by Len - this is my favourite part from the books...(if you've read them you won't have a problem to recognise this :) )

That's one of my favorite parts from the books as well,and one of my favorite fan arts of the family :)

Oh yeah the feels...glad you are liking the fan art guys :)

Btw. just wondering - this pic from the official page - I guess it wasn't exactly like that in the game, right? :) Wish I could see more scenes like these in the the game...:heart:

Yennefer is a very-very beautiful lady and I love her character.

I want her to be happy, no matter the ending.

So, new topic.

For Dragon Age fans - which is better, Morrigan or Yennefer?

Why?

Not like we don't know the answer. :)

So, new topic.

Why?

Yennefer! Her voice and beauty is just class. She has that lady-like elegance & appeal.
Thanks to new engine and of course the next generation console, the graphics made it possible.

I read somewhere and someone joked saying Triss is girlfriend material, but Yennefer is the one you want to settle down with (wife).
If only Yennefer showed more of her softer sides (we did see a few of em in-game) :)

Oh yeah the feels...glad you are liking the fan art guys :)

Btw. just wondering - this pic from the official page - I guess it wasn't exactly like that in the game, right? :) Wish I could see more scenes like these in the the game...:heart:

Oh yeah, you posted a previous picture that includes Geralt, Yennefer and Ciri in it. Which book was it in? I'm just about to start reading the books to cure my Post Witcher Stress Disorder (PWSD)... since it'll be a while before we get any news of bigger DLC

Last edited:
YOh yeah, you posted a previous picture that includes Geralt, Yennefer and Ciri in it. Which book was it in? I'm just about to start reading the books to cure my Post Witcher Stress Disorder (PWSD)... since it'll be a while before we get any news of bigger DLC

It is a very powerful and sad scene in the book..it is from the last book Lady of the Lake.

Yennefer vs Morrigan

Definitely go w/ Yennefer. Morrigan is too selfish she only desired power. Compared to Yennefer, doing her quest in the game. She totally gives Geralt a choice and freedom to fall in love w/ someone.

Totally agreed Yennefer, Ciri and Geralt should have there own quest having fun. Sadly i think it will conflict if you romance Triss. Like seriously Ciri already treated Yennefer somewhat a mother figure then Triss comes along in there life.

So, new topic.

Why?

Yennefer by far.I always hated Morrigan.She was completely immoral in DAO,but got better in DAI.People often say,that Yen and Morri are similar,but I disagree.To me Yen is a mature and wise woman,while Morrigan feels more like an angsty teenager.

Yennefer by far.I always hated Morrigan.She was completely immoral in DAO,but got better in DAI.People often say,that Yen and Morri are similar,but I disagree.To me Yen is a mature and wise woman,while Morrigan feels more like an angsty teenager.

The fact that Yennefer is waaaaay older than Morrigan despite her appearance. So with age, comes with experience :)
So I agree with you.

I forgot to highlight, Yen do have that motherly figure. She always wanted a kids, and even tried to restore her fertility but it ultimately failed (according to books). That explains why when Geralt adopted Ciri as his apprentice, Yen treated ciri as if she was a daughter to her.

The game only potrayed few interaction between Ciri and Yennefer, but the body language is enough to tell you how close they are. Wish there was more content for it.

In the game, she'd be willing to resort to 'dirty moves' in her quest to search for ciri. Perhaps the most heartfelt and funny scene was when:
If you encourage ciri to speak to lodge of sorceress alone in Act 3.

Yen tried to peek through the door to see what is happening because she is worried about ciri, while you as Geralt can remained composed or join her

This is in tandem with motherly instinct; all mother wants their kids to be safe. Another reason why I choosed Yen over Triss in the first playthrough (because I respect her determination and Independence). But still love both of em though (slightly more on yen) <3

The fact that Yennefer is waaaaay older than Morrigan despite her appearance. So with age, comes with experience
So I agree with you.

Pretty much this.

I did enjoy melting Morrigan's ice over the course of DA:O though. The payoff in the DLC where she asks your Warden to come with her was really nice and satisfying. I liked Morrigan's romance arc quite a bit, but Yen is just more interesting as a character and has more facets to her.

Morrigan just seemed a bit secretive to me, though it got interesting when you got past the frigidity. But I usually got the feeling that she was always using you even if her affection was genuine, it still had some kind of agenda. Yennefer's 'rough exterior' seemed less like it was part of an agenda and more as a defense mechanism for dealing with issues in her life and her outward reaction to the world. Once you got past that, there was a lot of depth and a genuine love. So, one had a shell of secrecy, and the other had a shell as a coping mechanism but that the feelings underneath were authentic, deep, intricate, but not without their own complications due to the that constant shift between her maintaining the shell and also allowing another to get beneath it.

PS: shared synonyms with Zero due to a nasty habit of agreement

The game only potrayed few interaction between Ciri and Yennefer, but the body language is enough to tell you how close they are. Wish there was more content for it.

In the game, she'd be willing to resort to 'dirty moves' in her quest to search for ciri.
I think that's the major reason why ppl see Yennefer as a evil, selfish person. The Game unfortunatley fails to explain how important Ciri is for Yennefer (and Geralt) and what binds them together. So when she is doing something "dirty" like the stealing the mask or defiling the garden, those people can't see the reason behind it and just think she is doing it out of ignorance (some even think she's a psychopath...).
Showing what deep bonds is between Ciri and Yennefer (and Geralt) would make everything much easier to understand.

Perhaps the most heartfelt and funny scene was when:
If you encourage ciri to speak to lodge of sorceress alone in Act 3.

Yen tried to peek through the door to see what is happening because she is worried about ciri, while you as Geralt can remained composed or join her
I actually laughed when Ciri came out of the door and
asked them "Where you spying on me? And they say simultanioulsy Geralt: "Yes", Yennefer: "No"... ;)

I actually laughed when Ciri came out of the door and
asked them "Where you spying on me? And they say simultanioulsy Geralt: "Yes", Yennefer: "No"... ;)
Yeah, really nice scene, laugh to hard at this ;)

I think that's the major reason why ppl see Yennefer as a evil, selfish person. The Game unfortunatley fails to explain how important Ciri is for Yennefer (and Geralt) and what binds them together. So when she is doing something "dirty" like the stealing the mask or defiling the garden, those people can't see the reason behind it and just think she is doing it out of ignorance (some even think she's a psychopath...).
Showing what deep bonds is between Ciri and Yennefer (and Geralt) would make everything much easier to understand.
Actually my problem is she willing to sacrifice anything in her way for the quest to find Ciri, this is mother's nature but really scary

10k+ poll, biggest I've seen yet. Surprisingly, Yen is slightly ahead. All the polls I've seen before had Triss ahead, maybe people are starting to change their opinions about Yen.

http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3a1ffa/poll_triss_or_yennefer/

Me too. not surprised though, reddit have over 63k subscriber + we haven't taken into account of those who visits reddit without registering

Yen FTW

Triss is awesome too :)

Good reads. I believe it's by a female author: http://witcherwaffling.blogspot.com/2014/04/this-has-been-bothering-me-so-im-going.html

Last edited:
10k+ poll, biggest I've seen yet. Surprisingly, Yen is slightly ahead. All the polls I've seen before had Triss ahead, maybe people are starting to change their opinions about Yen.

http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3a1ffa/poll_triss_or_yennefer/

Glad to see that - I'm reading a lot of other gamer forums (local and international) - it seems that A LOT of people reading the books after they finished Witcher 3 ;) That's great!!!

---------- Updated at 02:51 PM ----------

It is also great to see how many great fan arts are made every day!

source: http://cherryinthesun.tumblr.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom