Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, too much offtop again. Someone is going to get angry.

I don't think that discussing the crap presentation of Yen&Ciri's relationship is offtopic :D But okay, let's behave.

The difference between tumblr people and youtube/facebook people.

Youtube and facebook
"I just came back and she teleports me to the fuckin* lake?!! What a b*tch"

Tumblr
"Guys if Yennefer gets pissed at Geralt she literally teleports you miles away,above a lake, and drops you in it. She's literally the best."

The difference between tumblr people and youtube/facebook people.

Youtube and facebook
"I just came back and she teleports me to the fuckin* lake?!! What a b*tch"

Tumblr
"Guys if Yennefer gets pissed at Geralt she literally teleports you miles away,above a lake, and drops you in it. She's literally the best."

Not bad :D

No offense, but you are registered here since July this year. We have a thread about Yennefer/Triss, which is older than your own account, so those "other problems" are not exactly new, we hoped those problems wouldn't arise in the game in the first place.

Thank you for noticing this -- I'm registered here since July this year and I've noticed what was going on from simply reading some of the posts on both topics, I can't imagine how the people who's been here doing this for the last two months feel, issues which are obviously older than my account, but those issues are older than the other issues people are deeming more important. The inconsistencies issues started being discussed 2 days after the game's release. Please, feel free to link me anything that you consider older than that to prove me wrong.

For example confronting Triss with exploiting Geralt's amnesia was always a topic, yet we barely see anything from that in the game, or the relationship between Geralt, Yennefer and Ciri was always a topic too.

Spot on! It's exactly one of the things I wanted and I perfectly agree with you on this one -- I wanted to discuss that with her too, have the chance to tell her that I didn't mind it, that I think it was the best thing that ever happened to me, that the amnesia gave more than a different perspective on things, it gave me and a her a chance. Because the people who actually love the character, never saw it as an exploitation, you always had the ability to say no to Triss in TW1 and you had the ability to walk away from her in TW2.

Too bad we never got to discuss what Letho told us -- what happened between Yennefer and Aucks during the events of TW2: Assassin of Kings.

It was on topic until it started talking about Triss's update -- Nothing in that part of the post was on topic except the fact that people are expressing their disapproval for CDPR choosing to handle that issue first. So, I think I wasn't out of place for commenting on that one.

My biggest problem is that this wasn't a problem in the games before, but now it is, how is that?
Especially if you consider that Witcher 2 forces you to a relationship with Triss, but the same method in Witcher 3 is being loudly criticized despite being based on the books and therefore the lore. The only explanation for me is the influx of new players, seeing a lot of people registered here just 1-3 months ago and quite often those are the biggest representatives for this problem.

TW2 never forced you to be in a relationship with Triss. The amnesia was in effect -- CDPR are all book fans, which means by what was happening, that they made an artistic choice of adding that much to game, giving the people (Even those who read the books) a chance to see things with a different perspective.

Yennefer was present in TW2, she is however, present in TW3 and the choosing another romance option than her, doesn't make sense? Why? Because the way the other romance option was presented -- If you tried to romance Triss, you'll start wondering for yourself "Why is this happening exactly if I'm romancing Triss instead of Yennefer...?"

It's a problem because we've been playing the game for years and we have opinions about it -- We've also shown a huge support for that character in a very short-period of time, not everyone can claim they were able to do the same. We have every right to express our opinions and say what we think about the game we love without being criticized for making a different choice or because a far fewer number of people see it as less important.

There is reason why people suggest to read the books to everyone.

Reading the books doesn't help if people keep disregarding what CDPR chose to do in the games and what they're choosing to do by recognizing that there is some issues that needs fixing and some that doesn't.

Anyway, i don't want to discuss this here, not the right place nor do i think it will be productive in any way.

I had those kind of discussions before the release of W3 and most of the time it was just futile.

I don't want to discuss either -- It's why I stopped that night, I felt there was no point in starting a fruitless argument because we have different opinions.

There doesn't have to be a TeamTriss and a TeamYen -- There is issues with the game that needs fixing, I promise you we support that, I myself support that, but other people saying that those other issues are less important while a far bigger number of the people who played the game expressed their discomfit and dissatisfaction about bothered me.

P.S.

All of us can be on the same team supporting each other, after all, all we're after is the improvement of the game over all. I don't want this game in a year from now to end bad or feel unsatisfactory to anyone -- but if keep treating each other like "Teams" we will only discourage CDPR to take action to fix either of them.

We're after improving the game over all, in aspects that we see different. None had an issue with the Mother-daughter request before it started having an issue with CDPR choice to deal with the inconsistencies that bothered us.

Sorry if I bothered you -- I knew you didn't want to continue on with that discussion, I just felt like I had to say this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom