The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
Source

Doubt they would talk about it like this if it was just "ascension via pathways".

Ah, lovely -- context! Thank you, Kinley. I hadn't read anything like that.

It would be interesting to see how boundaries are implemented if mountain climbing is a thing. Skyrim surely wouldn't work in that department!

ETA: Turns out I was wrong.There is more to the cross bow than originally thought though.. The crossbow may not upgrade into a grappling hook or anything of the sort but it was stated it can be [upgraded?] used under water as a weapon - Harpoon style. So, not a multi-utility device like I initially proposed. I'm all for climbing without the help of any device, it was simply a shot in the dark guessing on my part. :)

I know this may come off as seeming rather stupid but has anyone giving any thought to the possibility that this 'crossbow' is actually not per se a crossbow at all but more so, some form of utility device a la climbing hook? I know i know, silly. But I wonder if I was close to being correct if that would change the disdain towards the "crossbow" idea. I am not very far into the books so I do not know if a similar climbing tool has ever been used or even hinted at?

I got the idea from the talk recently about Geralt being able to climb,surely there could be some inaccessible caves and areas that would require such a device. Not saying it would be something I'd like to have access to or need throughout the game. Maybe a few key points throughout the entire game.

So between the lesser of two evils in this situation...What would fans more likely accept and be comfortable with? the standard crossbow or something similar to what I posted above,a grappling hook device?

:hmm:

I will clarify right now, this is not something I am asking for or necessarily a featured item that I am for or against. I'm just curious about the idea and have to wonder,even if a very small chance,slim as it may, that we could all be wrong about it being a crossbow. I am willing to take all criticisms as long as if I am right,I get 300,000 orens!

Last edited:
Well, as climbing device that is indeed acceptable, I mean it might not fit Geralts fighting style but if he uses it to enable him to climb, why not? (tough I would prefer normal rock climbing)

Well, as climbing device that is indeed acceptable, I mean it might not fit Geralts fighting style but if he uses it to enable him to climb, why not? (tough I would prefer normal rock climbing)
I completely agree. it was an impulsive thought that I obviously did not keep to myself lol. I did not visualize geralt swinging around like spider-man or bionic commando or anything ...that made me laugh,you get what i'm saying.

Honestly, I do not see either,a crossbow or grappling hook as a part of Geralt's style and persona. I guess it falls within the boundaries of what the devs feel can add to the game. It was something I did not see anyone mention so hell,I threw it out there.

Stoning is acceptable,I have prepared ahead of time and am donning some make-shift armor I whipped together..a lil duct tape,strips of leather & shoe-string combined with two trash can lids...I just might make it through the onslaught :X

As mentioned in the Sexism thread, TW3 sorely needs more male nudity.

To, you know, uh.... level the sexual playing field. Off with Geralt's gross granny-panty breeches!
:wat:

I jest. wouldn't want anyone to feel insecure...down there..you know :points down: in comparison to Geralt.
And
There is always this one ya gotta be careful around, Thee jealousy & obsession runneth deep - hell knows no fury like a women scorned. Destructive Magic to the nether regions ....:shock:
:mean:

Last edited:
I jest. wouldn't want anyone to feel insecure...down there..you know :points down: in comparison to Geralt.
And
There is always this one ya gotta be careful around, Thee jealousy & obsession runneth deep - hell knows no fury like a women scorned. Destructive Magic to the nether regions ....:shock:
:mean:

It doesn't need to be full frontal, rear view would be sufficient.

besides the bonus I actually think its a completely necessary step for a franchise that calls itself "mature", showing naked women but geralt with some pant-like underwear, I was like "seriously witcher?", at least from behind I think its a must.

besides the bonus I actually think its a completely necessary step for a franchise that calls itself "mature", showing naked women but geralt with some pant-like underwear, I was like "seriously witcher?", at least from behind I think its a must.

Yeah, I find it VERY strange again and again seeing how a nude woman is something perfectly normal in todays society while a nude man is something that is avoided by about every one of the media out there, be it TV, Games or even BOOKS sometimes.

I myself feel more uncomfortable with a nude man than a nude woman in TV and I think it is mainly the fault of the society.

It IS WEIRD to see a P**** (you know what, not sure if I am allowed to write that word here(see what I'm talking about?)) in TV or Games, but not to see Boobies.... That is so strange from an objective POV.

Anyway, I think for the sake of being a mature franchise I think TW3 should be able to do that.

Yes, you can use the word penis.
Penis =/= boobs. Penis= vagina. There are still ratings/censorship issues in many countries regarding showing primary sexual organs, so showing full frontal would probably have a negative effect on sales. It's as simple as that. Whether or not that kind of censorship is right or wrong is a different matter, but it's there as a practical limitation, and it wouldn't really make sense for CDPR to risk financial damage Just Because.

Last edited:
Yes, you can use the word penis.
Penis =/= boobs. Penis= vagina. There are still ratings/censorship issues in many countries regarding showing primary sexual organs, so showing full frontal would probably have a negative effect on sales. It's as simple as that. Whether or not that kind of censorship is right or wrong is a different matter, but it's there as a practical limitation, and it wouldn't really make sense for CDPR to risk financial damage Just Because.

Actually Penis (and scrotum) ~= Vulva.

Vagina is part of the vulva, and the birth canal/primary sexual orifice, but not the entirety of the visible female sexual anatomy. (The vulva in turn is only *part* of the clitoral complex, but I digress).

Yeah, I find it VERY strange again and again seeing how a nude woman is something perfectly normal in todays society while a nude man is something that is avoided by about every one of the media out there, be it TV, Games or even BOOKS sometimes.

I myself feel more uncomfortable with a nude man than a nude woman in TV and I think it is mainly the fault of the society.

It IS WEIRD to see a P**** (you know what, not sure if I am allowed to write that word here(see what I'm talking about?)) in TV or Games, but not to see Boobies.... That is so strange from an objective POV.

Anyway, I think for the sake of being a mature franchise I think TW3 should be able to do that.

This is why I want at least some Geralt ass in TW3, i perfectly understand that frontal nudity will hurt sales whether thats right or wrong, and its just not worth pursuing it, plus we never saw female genitalia in the previous games so it would be unnecessary anyway, but equality would be ideal.

Actually Penis (and scrotum) ~= Vulva.

Vagina is part of the vulva, and the birth canal/primary sexual orifice, but not the entirety of the visible female sexual anatomy. (The vulva in turn is only *part* of the clitoral complex, but I digress).

Yes, you're digressing.

Plus, think of all the work they'd have to invest in creating jiggle physics for Geralt's junk

But seriously - the media is blasted with female nudity and the most you see from men is no shirt. His naked butt (especially after seeing it in dat leather armour) would satisfy.

If you wanted to get to the root of the problem it becomes more about the societal disgust that still exists around homosexuality ("If I see a penis I'll become gay!") that the media perpetuates because they don't want to lose an audience.

@BlackWolf500

See, even the fact that men still have to admit that they're comfortable or uncomfortable about male nudity proves that there's still a problem (not singling you out or placing blame or anything - just using your having to make it public that you're OKAY with male nudity shows how messed up society is.)

I mean, has anyone ever asked women if they're okay with the bombardment of breasts and asses on TV? Women don't have to assure people that they're okay with female nudity because it's already a cultural expectation that women inherently shouldn't care. And there's never the "seeing breasts will make me a lesbian" comment thrown about, either.

Plus, think of all the work they'd have to invest in creating jiggle physics for Geralt's junk

But seriously - the media is blasted with female nudity and the most you see from men is no shirt. His naked butt (especially after seeing it in dat leather armour) would satisfy.

If you wanted to get to the root of the problem it becomes more about the societal disgust that still exists around homosexuality ("If I see a penis I'll become gay!") that the media perpetuates because they don't want to lose an audience.

@BlackWolf500

See, even the fact that men still have to admit that they're comfortable or uncomfortable about male nudity proves that there's still a problem (not singling you out or placing blame or anything - just using your having to make it public that you're OKAY with male nudity shows how messed up society is.)

I mean, has anyone ever asked women if they're okay with the bombardment of breasts and asses on TV? Women don't have to assure people that they're okay with female nudity because it's already a cultural expectation that women inherently shouldn't care. And there's never the "seeing breasts will make me a lesbian" comment thrown about, either.

I agree 100%

Wait... gotta try something

Ass (just a test)

EDIT:

Wow... I can REALLY use every word here. That is amazing. You woulnd't believe how many forums just censor everything that even remotely sounds like an offensive word.

I agree 100%

Wait... gotta try something

Ass (just a test)

EDIT:

Wow... I can REALLY use every word here. That is amazing. You woulnd't believe how many forums just censor everything that even remotely sounds like an offensive word.

I'm not sure if this is an urban legend, because it's before my time, but what I heard was that the forum censorbot blew up when there was a thread started of favourite quotes from the game. It saw stars... Everywhere...

(Oh, but we do censor Nazi)

You never actually get to see a vagina in the previous games (damn shame in my sexist opinion), what you do get is a few glimpses at the female pubic area but never the actual thing, but if it were up me the whole world would just stop being so uptight and we could have full male and female nudity (non gratuitous and keeping relevant to storytelling of course), but since people insist on keep trying to deny the fact that we are all just horny monkeys with big brains I doubt that CDPR will include witcher junk in the game since it would hinder sales and raise criticism.
PS: how did the sexism debate find its way to this thread?

Top Bottom