Character Appearances

+
I'm sure Avallac'h will be crucial to the plot, but I really don't think it's him.
I would say he/she is a sorceror - based on a costume (similar to Cynthia

Well, the robe seems to support that theory.
But I'm out of ideas who this sorcerer could be - for all we know it's a new character or a generic NPC.

Overall I like the appearances of most characters, and I'm sure I would even get used to the ones I don't like as much. But for the sake of nitpicking;

Dandelion could do with looking more like he did in TW2, where his elven features were quite clear.

Geralt looks fine for the most part, I still think the way he looked in the debut trailer was absolutely perfect (apart from the gray hair) with a very sharp face and a golden tone to his eyes. On a sidenote, I think part of the reason many of us feel that Geralt looks a little strange now, is because we have only seen him with one single expression on his face. Seriously, he's frowning in every scene we've been shown. In the debut trailer he has at least a very slight smile as he nods a greeting to the Skellige guardsman.

Ciri = perfection, don't change her please

I can definitely get used to the way Yennefer looks, although I am slightly worried she'll end up looking younger than Ciri.
I always pictured Yennefer as looking like she was in her late twenties to early thirties, I know it has been said a bajillion times already, but JustAnor's art is a perfect representation http://justanor.deviantart.com/#/art/A-Shard-of-Ice-Close-up-406738273?hf=1

I ciriously doubt it's Avallach.

I have strong suspicion that avalach is the wild hunt guy that geralt is fighting in the new trailer.

because:

A: Unicorns told Ciri that he was in league with eredin in obtaining her powers.
B; that WH guy is a magician Like avalach
C; the wild hunt guy talking is someone that seems to know what is going to happen in the future, avallach had that power.

Guy in mask ive had the suspicion is regis.

Also what if it is Ciri? everyone is looking for her but she is hiddenright under their noses.

Last edited:
That's the question.
Who would need to hide their identity ?

My guts tell me the person wears a mask, not to hide identity , rather to hide it's mutilated/burned face - no idea who might that be.
Or as someone suggested, he could be Vran. The Operator had a metal mask in Witcher 2.

I ciriously doubt it's Avallach.

I have strong suspicion that avalach is the wild hunt guy that geralt is fighting in the new trailer.

because:

A: Unicorns told Ciri that he was in league with eredin in obtaining her powers.
B; that WH guy is a magician Like avalach
C; the wild hunt guy talking is someone that seems to know what is going to happen in the future, avallach had that power.

Guy in mask ive had the suspicion is regis.

Also what if it is Ciri? everyone is looking for her but she is hiddenright under their noses.

I'd hate it, if Avallac'h actually follows Eredin's lead. To me he actually seemed like a nice guy, like he was starting to regret what he told Auberon about Ciri. And he loves Lara Dorren. So that's a plus :p

It's not in his nature to go in the middle of the fight.
also, he is one of the most powerful mages in the known worlds.
Ciri is his beloved's descendant. Lara's blood is in her. He didn't hurt Ciri before I doubt he will do it this time.
But, who knows what have changed.

That was mostly an act to keep her in their world.More than anyone its avallach that wants her power.

Eredin told her that Avallach wouldnt let her go and was just fooling her. That was also before their king died. wouldnt be surprised if he blamed her.
he also had alot of contempt for humanity. at best he thinks of her as a bastard child.
Hell, in one scene in the novels, he was in the verge of killing Ciri because she acted out.

Anyway just listen to what the wildhunt person says in the trailers, dont tell me that doesnt sound like something avalach would say.

Last edited:
Yen is hot, I mean we all look different in pics and lighting it's all the same. They are not going to spoil shit just so we can see more in game models.
I trust they know what the hell they are doing and what looks good after all these years.

I'm now satisfied with everything they have done!!! All of those new models are ofc new to us, so with time and being set in motion we will love/accept them and process their appearances. I'm now excited, I just want to see Eredin's true self!!! :'3

Why fans' demand for changes in aesthetics may not be such a good idea.

Over the past week we saw two videos of The Witcher 3 coming out, the first being a trailer for the game at the Summer Conference, and the gameplay sequence seen yesterday at the Microsoft Conference as well as Twitch. My post is mainly about the trailer we saw at the Summer Conference and the subsequent response that it got.

As is bound to happen with a popular IP with a large fanbase, there have been a myriad of opinions, positive, negative and middling, with a whole bunch of threads cropping up to put them forward. A number of these go into detailed discussions of what we've seen, of which I have been an active participant as well. About the artstyle and characters depicted in the trailer, there have been calls demanding changes to be made, such as a thread asking for Yennefer's hair to be made black, and people asking it to be made blacker still when it turns out that it is black in actuality. Other characters such as Ciri and Emhyr too have seen some debate on the models used for them. There is of course nothing extraordinary about this, after all that is what the forums are for, and I'm sure the devs would've been disappointed to see a lack of discourse. From what I've seen, most fans asking for changes do so because of the characters' perceived dissonance from how Sapkowski's books describe them and how the fans had imagined them to be.

That makes me a bit uncomfortable. I think we can all agree that the developers working at CDP at well-versed in the lore of the books, it was after all they who brought The Witcher franchise to the West where it had been largely unknown before. So, when we see characters as depicted in the trailer deviate somewhat from their book descriptions, I think we can agree that there must have been a reason behind that choice. And while I respect the opinions and objections that the fans have raised, I'd rather we also acknowledged the right of the devs to have an artistic vision for the game. Perhaps what may have seemed perfect in the books would perhaps not be ideal for a visual medium. Still, whatever the cause, I do believe that such choices were not made lightly or without due deliberation. Keeping that in mind, I think that we, the fans, should support CDPR in this regard and the imagination of their artists to run where it will. That doesn't mean that we should stop airing our opinions about the artstyle and visual design, but only that before than creating polls/petitions asking for modifications based on a minute long trailer, we should try and get to understand why the devs took the approach that they did first.

I think most of us know that Geralt's face underwent three redesigns during The Witcher 2's development when the fans asked for it, so of course the devs are receptive to the response they get from the fans. But I think we should show some responsibility as well when it comes to making demands for changes. Nit picking aspects like gameplay and UI is great, and I would say even essential, for them to be the best they can be but when it comes to art I think we should try giving them some elbow space.

Yeah Dijkstra looks great. Not liking the armour Geralt is wearing though. Can't wait to see him with his traditional 'Elven style' hair, clean shaven look, while wearing cloth armor.

Look at that mug

Guuuys, I love you.
I've dreamed since ending of TW2 that Dijkstra will coming back, this is one of my favorite characters from the novels. And you make it happen, thank you so much :)

Last edited:
Yeah I like the characters, but I hope Saskia in this game too.

She better be, the tough choices to free her *completely* should pay off.

I only read the first couple pages, but how can anyone assess Ciri's looks in that angle? I could only say she looks too old, but others judging to be retextured Triss' face..? how?

Yennefer looks like a teenager tho

She better be, the tough choices to free her *completely* should pay off.

I only read the first couple pages, but how can anyone assess Ciri's looks in that angle? I could only say she looks too old, but others judging to be retextured Triss' face..? how?

Yennefer looks like a teenager tho

About Ciri, her face is the face of a young girl, maybe the white hair make you think so?

Top Bottom