Romance and Sex in The Witcher 3

+
Hope not.

I like how the whole elven baths scene was handled, it was the best erotic romance moment in any game. It didn't shy away from nudity (as opposed to dry humping in the shower with your underwear on like other games) but it wasn't there just for the sake of "oh, tits!". It was mature, tastefully done and had emotion. I feel a sex mini game would lessen that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQKpH_ujwkc

Ill just leave this here. And am terribly sorry for ruining your day.

On the contrary, that was hilarious. I wonder what kind of function this was, the spiteful feminist convention? Her take on Phillipa's eye gouging...it somehow doesn't register as violence, wtf?

I like how she started praising dao at the end of the video. Witcher got too popular and now the franchise have attention of all kinds of leftists. Prepare for more hostile, feministic speeches like that.

Last edited:

Jupiter_on_Mars

(...) now the franchise have attention of all kinds of leftists. (...)

Please, do not attempt to bring real life politics into this.
I've already had enough of preaching.

Last edited:
She does have some very valid points. I always found Ves' choice of attire strange for example, Saskia's too.

But some of it feels like they are just looking for these kind of things on purpose and after finding them start taking it out of context, adding in their own made up details and "objective" facts and throw it at their audience. Best example is Phillipa's blinding not being perceived as violent (I guess the blood flowing from the chopped off head of a sorceress in one of the cinematics wasn't violent either) or Sarkeesian's now famous "Hitman encourages objectifying and then killing women" argument.

It's a wrong way of doing it because you just lessen your argument in front of the people you should be reaching out to, instead they will mock you and take you less seriously now. The people in the audience in front of her are not the people she should be reaching out to, most of them they have already made up their mid before she even said one word.

"The Brain does not recognise that as violence." she says regarding Phillipas eye gouging..

Something seriously wrong with someone who feels that way.

All I've got to say about this, and comments on politics, is people see what they want to see.

I like how she started prizing dao at the end of the video. Witcher got too popular and now the franchise have attention of all kinds of leftists. Prepare for more hostile, feministic speeches like that.

Oh barf!!
TW3 is a video game movie for adults, why do these people try to fuck shit up.
I don't see these people talking shit about rape and killing in movies, but as soon as they hear it's in a video game then they start talking shit.
I hope cdpr is fearless of these people and will still make this game as good as a great movie. God, some people are so stupid.. she acts like the game is all about rape as if we are doing it in the game, also paying for sex is okay by law in sin city!! So wtf is up this womans ass? I bet she role plays about this stuff in the bed room ;)
Well fuck all that noise... Hey guys and gals, we get some kick ass gameplay footage this week YES :) lol...

As somebody who's lost an eye i've got one thing to say to this woman, bollocks, if you don't think it's violent try it yourself sometime. I suppose chopping Mrs Loredo's head off wasn't violent either, or her sons years of raping an elven lass? Fuck me this cherry picking facts and forming a point of view from flawed perception, rather than an objective standpoint, is becoming endemic. When did logic and brains disappear from discourse, who would pay this woman to hear what is just a biased personal opinion? And why are Dethmold and Philippa evil? They have masses of good qualities and noble goals.

Can't believe dullards like this get paid to spout one sided opinions, at least hire somebody intelligent who has a good factual argument.

Was I the only one who was reminded of the church lady?

Oh hell, I noticed comments have just been disabled. Rockin' it Sarkeesian style. :cool:

Just be sure to label an entire country as sexist before you disable them comments. Classy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQKpH_ujwkc

Ill just leave this here. And am terribly sorry for ruining your day.

It's always encouraging when they make basic factual errors. Triss is allergic to magical potions. That is it. She specifically complains to Geralt that she forgot her healing amulet at Kaer Morhen. And the scars are the remnant of being healed by magic. Now, to be fair, Triss should have some scars in the games. However, the books also say that you can barely see them, whereas this lady seems to think they're like Geralt's crazy scars from a life of monster slaying. Also, not sure what the breast implants comment was about, but if she'd read the books and paid some damn attention, she should know that physical enhancements like that are entirely possible with magic. They are, in fact, routine.

I do however agree that CDPR has a bad habit of slapping cleavage and/or outright nudity onto women when it's completely unecessary and often makes no sense. Saskia's cleavage plate being a good example.

The rest is basically tendentious tripe, and bizarrely insulting to Poland. The other thing that was hilarious was expecting Ves to have a bra. In a late medieval society. I will give her that they didn't let Ves really show off in combat enough, though.

Was I the only one who was reminded of the church lady?

Oh hell, I noticed comments have just been disabled. Rockin' it Sarkeesian style. :cool:

Just be sure to label an entire country as sexist before you disable them comments. Classy.

Hmm... "Could it be SATAN" !?! lol...

1) What do you expect the sex scenes to be like in the Witcher 3??
2) what kind of approach to sex do you expect from Geralt?? Will he still have sex with every girl he sees??
The more fun is better. Fucking the girl in the mill is good but fucking her and seeing fun comments is the best. Like the "haunted" mill in W1 and the elf bath in W3.
2) Geralt?? The player should decide.

not again... die thread die.

Seriously, this vid was posted the other day in a thread just below... can't it just go away already?
Which thread? I want to know how the forum reacted.

And those points are...?
Well, I agree with her that it is a damn shame that they removed Triss's scar, and that Saskia's and Ves's outfits are fanservice. I fucking love their design, but as a guy I like looking at female breasts, and it makes no sense for these two characters to have their chests exposed in such a way. And Ves disappearing from the story is also a flaw in my eyes.

The rest I disagree with. "Ves is there to be a sex object that no one cares about." Excuse me? That's downright insulting, to the writers AND to gamers who do care. The gay characters being 'evil', ugh. The camera focusing on Ves's ass? Are you kidding me. You can't even show the backside of a woman in a videogame without it being misogynistic? Stuff like this really pisses me off, especially since she makes a few points I agree with.

Last edited:
Which thread? I want to know how the forum reacted.

Oops its actually in the TW3 forum "sex in the witcher", caused a flurry of activity and thats why no ones bothering with this repeat. The video was at least appropriate for that thread, the video has nothing about homosexuality and the question must be asked why it got posted here, with nothing other than a bait oneliner. That other thread is inclusive of all sex in the witcher imo, and i'm getting pretty sick of people, on game forums & real life, whose whole identity seems based on their sexual preference, as if there wasn't more to a person.

Right enough, well that just goes to show the fallacy of various sexual identity controversies in the reality of an actual beholder of the art, I don't even think of those great characters in such one dimensional terms... how the hell could you ? Unless you are focusing on what you want to focus on...

Top Bottom