Movies / TV Shows!

+
Just finished Boardwalk Empire, definitely one of the best TV shows that I have seen, the last season was a bit rushed, but overall a damn good show.

I give this show a Steve Buscemi/10

I assume the lead artist quite liked Darth Nihlus' design in the Sith Lords.

Edit: Only really interested in Kreia in that whole universe, there were two good movies and the rest were sub par crap in my opinion. No offence, live long and prosper and all that.

I'm not a big star wars fan tbh. My interest in the whole universe began with KotOR 1 and 2.

And I'm still a bit dissapointet that Abrams chose to continue the story line movies with Luke,Leia and Han. The star war universe has more to offer than just another Skywalker opera. :teeth:

But anyway it depends on what Abrams makes out of it.

Btw the new Sithlord is rumoured to be Andy Serkis.

Here is a much more honest trailer for the upcoming Terminator movie, one that fully acknowledges how completely insane the Terminator timeline/s is/are/have become.

Funny stuff! :lol: I'm going to give it a chance though I doubt it'll be as good as the first two, but it looks like a fun movie nonetheless.

Watching Game of Thrones over holidays, got to say I preferred Conan Stevens as the Mountain in the first season, Hafthor Bjornsson definitely has the physical goods but Stevens seemed more intimidating somehow. Strangely enough turned channel over and watched Bjornsson in World's Strongest Man, did bloody well.

Edit: There was an English bloke competing called Eddie Hall, fucking spitting image of bloody Zangief.

Last edited:
Just discovered the History channel's Viking series. I don't know how on earth I hadn't seen it before, but I absolutely love it. I'm already almost done with the second season...

The Japanese put so much emphasis in their voice acting. I love it. It'll be interesting got see how well it does there.

Alex de la Iglesia : Las Brujas de Zugarramurdi (this trailer has very poor, "politically correct" english subs with most cussing censored,words like "whoresons" translated into "old dirtbags", etc.)

Last edited:
Suddenly I want to see this movie even more just because of this, just because I'll be imagining this in my head the entire time. Now to top it off, he needs to have a dance off at the end with the super dino.

Was reminded of this the other day:

This was such a good show. Apparently Rik Mayall (Arthur's VA) passed away last year. Such a shame.

Attachments

• Ant-Man.jpg
    Ant-Man.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Ant-Man2.jpg
    Ant-Man2.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Yeah, I'm hesitant. I usually enjoy Paul Rudd, but the movie had a lot of production issues from what I've read. I'll probably see it anyway, maybe just not right away.

I'll probably wait for the Blu-Ray release. Not that I can see it in the cinema anyway, as Dungannon cinema has gone into administration so I won't be able to see any upcoming films until the are released on home media.

Song of the Sea. The latest from Tomm Moore and Cartoon Saloon, who also directed "Brendan and the Secret of Kells". Old-school animation, atmospheric and wistful, with a story assembled from Irish legendary figures and selkies and fairies. This is a film of great beauty.

"The man's a master storyteller, and we can only hope he has many, many more stories to tell." (Todd Browne of Twitch Film)

It's gotten publicity and distribution in Europe, but is hard to find in the US; only one art house in L.A. has it, and we had a chance to go up to L.A. and see it today.

the Secret of Kells
was beautiful. I doubt I'll be able to watch Song of the Sea in a cinema,though. If they decide to show it it will be probably dubbed in slovenian, for kids, and I hate dubbing. Hopefully there's a blu ray available. It's been too long since I've seen a really good animated movie, I think the last one was The Wind Rises :)

Top Bottom