Constructive opinions based on the gameplay videos that are released in 2015 (NO DOWNGRADE TALK)

+
While mild adjustments to the camera aren't impossible, I believe the chances of a 1st person mode being implemented are slim to none. I don't know about development, but I'll bet my left nut that translating all of the animations to a 1st person perspective will require an unholy amount of work. The only melee game I can think of that does it is TES, and without the intent to bash it, it doesn't have the complexity of animations TW3 has.

Pardon the language. Been spending a good many hours with Zoltan and Field Marshal Duda in the books lately.

I agree, there has to be a lot of adjustments before First Person is possible. Right now, I think I would be sick if I was playing First Person with all the pirouettes and turns and dashes.
And yeah Skyrim has a few melee animations and no really complicated moves for the character, so I doubt want to see TW3 combat simplified just for the first person view.

Only thing that was kind of annoying was seeing grass coming through wood and such. Looks a bit sloppy.
I loved seeing the royal wyvern head on the horse. Nice touch instead of having it disappear into inventory.

Only thing that was kind of annoying was seeing grass coming through wood and such. Looks a bit sloppy.
I loved seeing the royal wyvern head on the horse. Nice touch instead of having it disappear into inventory.
Grass seems to be the most criticized thing at the moment.

About the head, I think it also means you can''t have two bounties at once. You'll need to turn in one head before taking another.

About the head, I think it also means you can''t have two bounties at once. You'll need to turn in one head before taking another.

As a joke CDPR should release TW3 with all characters being stick figures the first time you load the game up just to mess with all the graphic whores who complain non-stop about minute details.

I guess it simply stands out from the rest, not because its particularly bad, just that it seems out of place, very noticeable in the context of the environment. Remember the famous super green grass of TW2?

There was a mod to change the color of that even. It was also a problem that it appeared like 2 meters in front of you, but it was mainly the color and how bright it was, like it was on top of the other plants and the terrain, added separately.

Sken

Forum veteran
Looks great for the most part. Geralt looks fabulous, the animations and combat look great. The fight with the Yrven was good, albeit too easy.

The NPC's look great as well, soup bowl haircuts must be the trend in the Witcher universe.

Environments look good/great, but the lower settings makes things look a bit flat. The woeful grass, it has a huge negative impact on the quality of the environment.

What happened to IGNI, where did the glorious flame/fire effect go?

The lack of draw distance at the end when looking at the blurry horizon was a bit weird.

Dunno, I'm more and more impressed with the gameplay with every video I see, that's a huge positive, and less and less impressed with the graphics, game looks kinda average.

Hey guys, I'd love to see a walk/run animation like Guild Wars 2 characters. I couldn't find a proper video for this but I think this will work. The entire animation run/stop/run/stop is really nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAkl46HwLoQ

The actual animation in Witcher 3 feels a bit akward to me.

I like the walking animation, especially when Geralt has a sword in one hand.
The regular looks a bit like its an advanced form of the walking animation of the Gothic games, which looks a bit weird, but I am sure you will forget about it after 20 minutes of playing this.

What do you think about the Royal Wyvern's design? Ugly as it looks like, it is poor. Really flawed. Without tail, it looks like a giant chicken, and its wings are definitely too small.

I hope devs will fix ugly hair clipping issue that are plaguing Geralt on virtually every video released to date. It can be seen at the end of the PAX gameplay, when he is about to cut the Wyvern's head off. His ponytail is clipping through the collar, which looks amateurish:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iwni52dmvrbdbm7/AABtnu7XaXYRovu-EN08CFtMa?dl=0 - it looks even worse in motion, you can see it better on the "reference quality video": http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_34215_1_en.html

Devs, please fix hair clipping! Pretty please!

What do you think about the Royal Wyvern's design? Ugly as it looks like, it is poor. Really flawed. Without tail, it looks like a giant chicken, and its wings are definitely too small.

I on the other hand think that the design is great.. maybe the wings are too small to make him fly, but otherwise I have nothing to complain there

I hope devs will fix ugly hair clipping issue that are plaguing Geralt on virtually every video released to date. It can be seen at the end of the PAX gameplay, when he is about to cut the Wyvern's head off. His ponytail is clipping through the collar, which looks amateurish:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iwni52dmvrbdbm7/AABtnu7XaXYRovu-EN08CFtMa?dl=0 - it looks even worse in motion, you can see it better on the "reference quality video": http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_34215_1_en.html

Devs, please fix hair clipping! Pretty please!

I doubt they will and I definitely wouldn't call it "amateurish", "clipping" is just one of the realities of game design.

We've certainly come long way thanks to cloth and physics tech but reaching higher precision creates massive computational overhead. Super linear/cooridor style games can afford higher precision just because theres no much else to spend those cpu cycles on. In a game with the scale and scope of TW3 it pretty much becomes a matter of hiding it as best you can or just crossing your fingers and hoping the player isnt bothered.

The more realistic alternatives here would be removing collars and any other clothing that is a potential obstruction or just remove the offending hair styles.

I really hope they change the wyverns design, it made me cringe bit to see that thing fly, or at least make it not fly in the final game,

I on the other hand think that the design is great.. maybe the wings are too small to make him fly, but otherwise I have nothing to complain there

Yeah, I agree with you - I also like it's design, the only issue is too small wings to fly this stinking, horrid and grotesque freak of the nature.

Eh, I love it. It looks funky as fuck, almost weird/creepy, and it stays away from looking like your typical boring Wyvern. If I was unaware of what a Wyvern actually was, or I was brand new to The Witcher series and was expecting more of your typical Western Dragon/Wyvern, I would have freaked the absolute fuck out fighting this creepy giant chicken thing.

Although admittedly I do hope there is Wyvern's in the game (Royal or not) that do have a tail. Hopefully they haven't restricted themselves to just one design here.

@King Milhouse I'd say there's a 0.01% chance of that happening. You're not going to see design changes like that this late in the picture.

I doubt they will and I definitely wouldn't call it "amateurish", "clipping" is just one of the realities of game design.

Yea agreed. Calling it amatuerish is a huge insult for something that isn't actually true. Every game has clipping issues, no exception. Clipping is something that who knows when on earth we'll actually have the compute power and game technologies to stamp it out completely, but it's a fucking long way off.

@SimplexPL, if you really think it's that bad (Which I don't know how you survive many games when every single game has clipping and many have it in the same abundance, if not worse, than TW3) then I would suggest getting Geralt a haircut as soon as possible, and cutting him down to something that's less likely to clip (Cintrian Pendulum).

It's definitely odd they chose to give the Royal Wyvern such small wings when in Witcher 1 they were substantially bigger compared to its body:

The back legs on the new design are also way too big in my opinion.

The more realistic alternatives here would be removing collars and any other clothing that is a potential obstruction or just remove the offending hair styles.
Or doing it like Bioware with their latest game and giving every single character in the world a short hairstyle. I don't think anybody would want this. I definitely prefer a bit of clipping over the alternatives

Or doing it like Bioware with their latest game and giving every single character in the world a short hairstyle. I don't think anybody would want this. I definitely prefer a bit clipping over the alternatives

Dear god, no! lol. I quite like the look of the Dragon Age games, and I'm not somebody who needs a game's style to be totally "historically accurate". But, I find it really off putting that everyone looks like metrosexuals, and fashionistas ready for the catwalk, in those games. Doesn't fit the setting, imo.

Disclaimer: this is all personal preference ;p

@Kinley I agree, man. Other than those small points, thought. I think the new version looks pretty awesome looking.

Top Bottom