Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
The X1 users will be the last one to see it indeed.
I trust you guys, but this is very strange.

I second that. I trust CDPR too, especially after Witcher 2 on 360 and now the PS4 videos, but it's way beyond time for footage of the one remaining version. Especially when you pretty much promise it on Twitter, to show both versions and then remaining completely silent about one version. I think what some people on the console thread said is true...MS might have a deal with CDPR, but to a certain extend. They clearly had no say in the matter of showing which version first to the public.

comparing is impolite... don't do this....

I second that. I trust CDPR too, especially after Witcher 2 on 360 and now the PS4 videos, but it's way beyond time for footage of the one remaining version. Especially when you pretty much promise it on Twitter, to show both versions and then remaining completely silent about one version.

And nobody said anything else beyond that twitte.
What's up?!?!

Remember what CDPR were saying about the Ultra settings? Like, they're too good to show them before the release. Maybe the game controls way too well with KB+M? So incredibly well that CDPR don't want to show it before the release and discourage console people? Right?
R-right? ;_;

But... but... Ultra setting is only for the few chosen in the world... We, KB+M users still alive ... in a large number... aren't we? Polls lies?

:sad: OH!

Dammit... Am I comparing now different type of users?! ... I'm a lost cause... Forgive me :(

And nobody said anything else beyond that twitte.
What's up?!?!

Nothing else was said. First they promised console footage of both versions, so that people could decide which version to go for, they then specifically mentioned PS4 footage for this week and all questions regarding Xbox One were not answered. But whatever the reason, i don't think we should be worried anymore. I PM'ed one of the developers and asked for another confirmation if the only true diffference is resolution, and he confirmed it. Level of detail, texturing, it's all the same as PS4, except resolution. Now let's say the game arrives at Eurogamer's Digital Foundry and much more beside resolution differences are found, that would be a bad look on CDPR and make them look like liars and nobody wants that. It should be fine. That said, just like you i really want to see Xbox footage now, I honestly expected Xbox footage to release first.

Oh boy! Im happy ps4 owner now. Iwe been massively disapointed in this gen console games this far. But im thinkin this game will finally do "next gen" for me :)
Bloodnorne sorta was cool but it got old really fast. Far cry 4 was OK but geez those boring sidequest.

And there was hair physics to a some degree. u could even see roaches hair or whatever move :) Was really hoping to see griffin head fur. I hope its not completely static.. Oh man! hype just went up. Gonna tell my boss Im not comin 20th..

:cheers:

I think the answer is that it's not a contest, it shouldn't be about winning?

Yeah definitely, I suppose they closed the gap very nicely between PC and PS4 with all the extra work and optimizations, since we didn't see Xbone version yet, the first two totally have it well done. Question is if it's such an incredible work done to make versions almost equal and maximized potential(I am sure it is, it's CDPR after all :p) or could PC have had a far bigger difference comparing to PS4 if there is any potential left to be desired and improved upon...

In short - Is this the maximum currently (Well besides the volumetric fog which we know was too heavy and resource consuming) and they even managed to make PS4 version similar to PC or is there more potential that was held back to make the versions closer to each other?

Boy,the ps4 looks really good .Maybe high-medium on PC. If this is true and if there is the same level of optimizations for the PC
a 750ti/660 could easily do this

Ummm... What?

Actually, I simply just had a good chuckle. I think I know what EB Games was trying to get at here, but boy they really messed up the wording.

All we know that being well informed and well formed haven't the same meaning... welll... almost all we...

I would like know one thing , It's about a few questions from damien monnier interview;
-Percival_Dickenbutts asked:Will we have all the essential combat abilities like: Parry from all directions, deflect arrows, riposte, group-style and the full variety of (all 90+) combat animations available from the very beginning of the game?

In This question it mean we will have something like group style like witcher 1; special attacks or something?? And It will has many attacks for unlock??

-Rudoli asked:
I saw that in both the polish demo and the latest pax east gameplay that Geralt does this sort of fury spin attack, how do you activate it?
Do you just press a combination of buttons or are you only capable of activating it on specific moments?

And too this type spin attacks we will have many too?? for example activate it the same way but it will has different animations ; That spin attack.

Thank you

Last edited:
I would like know one thing , It's about a few questions from damien monnier interview;
-Percival_Dickenbutts asked:Will we have all the essential combat abilities like: Parry from all directions, deflect arrows, riposte, group-style and the full variety of (all 90+) combat animations available from the very beginning of the game?

In This question it mean we will have something like group style like witcher 1; special attacks or something?? And It will has many attacks for unlock??

-Rudoli asked:
I saw that in both the polish demo and the latest pax east gameplay that Geralt does this sort of fury spin attack, how do you activate it?
Do you just press a combination of buttons or are you only capable of activating it on specific moments?

And too this type spin attacks we will have many too?? for example activate it the same way but it will has different animations ; That spin attack.

Thank you

There is no "group style" in the game. There are some special attacks that you unlock in the skill trees. In fact, that spinning attack mentioned in the second question is one of them.

-Rudoli asked:

Thank you

I don't know about animations. You have parry-knockback from the beginning, but deflecting arrows and whirlwind are skills. For this "fury-spin" attack (which basically replace group-style) you hold the quick attack button and it gradually depletes your stamina/adrenaline.

If you hold the heavy attack button you do a charged cleave, provided you have the skill.

Same for signs, it's a tap vs. hold to activate the different effects.

There are no other "special attacks" skills that I am aware of.

In one of the videos recently they said no (it may have been the twitch Q&A or the Gopher & Dodger video... I can't remember), there are not group style sword attacks and your attacks focus on one enemy at a time (but you can hit multiple persons with one swing). That may turn out to be inaccurate but I did hear it somewhere. Signs however obviously can effect multiple targets.

Thank you for your answers

But for example that spin attack just it will be one or we will have more attacks for unlock , or we will have more animations for the same attacks ???

Last edited:
Remember what CDPR were saying about the Ultra settings? Like, they're too good to show them before the release. Maybe the game controls way too well with KB+M? So incredibly well that CDPR don't want to show it before the release and discourage console people? Right?
R-right? ;_;
Gopher's Q&A actually answers a bit about the mouse & keyboard. According to him he tried them for about half an hour in spite of CDPR asking him not to, and as far as he was concerned, they worked perfectly well and didn't understand why he had to stick to a controller in his recorded clips. So most likely there's just some tiny tweaking and optimisation issues, or rare bugs, nothing that your average player would even notice.

But for example that spin attack just it will be one or we will have more attacks for unlock , or we will have more animations for the same attacks ???
Some previewer said that your movements would change considerably depending on what skill level you are, but I can't remember who it was.

Regarding the PS4 videos - can any RED tell us how does water physics look there? I mean when Geralt was running through this shallow river there were no ripples, only some splashes. With all the footage looking great, this was striking form me as the worst part.

So - how is it, @Marcin Momot & @TheEvilChris?

Regarding the PS4 videos - can any RED tell us how does water physics look there? I mean when Geralt was running through this shallow river there were no ripples, only some splashes. With all the footage looking great, this was striking form me as the worst part.

So - how is it, @Marcin Momot & @TheEvilChris?

I think you answered your own question. In very swallow water there arent any ripples. In more substantial pools there are ripples, which you see later in the same video.

Top Bottom