Character Appearances

+
Its definitely not her I think since she dies no matter what. Theres no decision you could make that would save her.

The outfit is almost the same so it is probably another nilfgardian sorceress.

All that matters is what the majority of straight male gamers think since she is a romance option for straight male gamers. Every person I've shown in real life who doesn't play games are confused over Cassandra's gender and say she looks like a man. I'm not making this up. The only people who sympathized were females surprisingly. If I knew any LGBT in real life, I'm sure they would defend Cassandra's look knowing full well her looking like a man upsets straight male gamers.

Triss is an example of beauty & attractiveness. CDProject artists and developers are damn smart and approach art with creativity AND TECHNICALITY. They know and understand the female skull in its entirety and understand it's diverse ranges.

Look how beautiful Triss is. Very little imperfections, symmetry in the face, known scientific facts that support her beauty. This cannot be said about Christopher Pentaghast. Don't get me wrong Bioware are GOOD modelers, but CDPR are the true professionals and they put heart and soul into their work. It's obvious.

They understand 3d modeling of the female form (face & body) on a technical level in addition to artistically.

Triss's beauty is in the major leagues:

It's what a majority of the hairstyles for females in DAI were based on.

I am sorry but I am not going to take you seriously after seeing you on PoI forum too, you are in a crusade against Cassandra which makes no sense to me. Sometimes I rant too but on my personal space and not against groups, that probably do not give two fucks about pixels.

See the bright side, you have The Witcher let the gays have Dragon Age, do not be selfish.

Triss design

I must say that I am very disappointed with Triss final design. She now looks simply horrible, especially compared to older design... She was really gorgeous back there. Why did you do this to her?? Everybody can compare for themself. I really hope, CDPR will release older design as variant in one of their free DLCs, because it is simply necessity.

Older design:

New design:

Attachments

• 2wep4xy5ekz7.jpg
    2wep4xy5ekz7.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 36
  • bestx.png
    bestx.png
    204.2 KB · Views: 42
  • pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 36
What is OK? Many things in this game aren't ok ... It seems like world details, visibility and lighting etc wasn't enough for them and they "needed" to make even one of most important character uglier... it is really sad.

Her character render was drastically changed compared to what she looked in the SoD trailer, and I never understood why either since it made her look less realistic and very different to what we were used to in W2. Coupled with the changed lightning she kinda looks like a realdoll now (don't google that). Then again I'm not a fan of a lot of the main characters designs, Yennefer for example, just looks like a very generic pretty woman. I've seen random npcs with more character than both her and Triss.

It's not massive change, but what was changed about her design was not for the better, I agree.

Them mod tools cannot get released fast enough.

I love how she looks now - in SoD she had the worsed design.. now, just beautiful, but still I'm team Yennefer :).. and what is with those new profiles here with only one post and that one post is about how they don't like Triss.. is it just one person using all of them or what?

- Deleted post -
I can't see a "new design" at all. I see the same design under different lighting conditions. I honestly can't figure out why people make such a big deal about different promotional pictures. It's the same character in a different setting, that's all there is to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You must be girl or i dont know what else is problem... how can you say new design is better... just lol

Tastes are different, but I also liked her old design more. Though the changes aren*t that big and she will get an alternative look in one of the free dlcs. Maybe it's her old design, who knows.

You must be girl or i dont know what else is problem... how can you say new design is better... just lol

I'm not debating which one is better as I like both a lot. I will say though you should watch gametrailers W3 review at the very end, in motion W3 Triss looks amazing.
Couple things to remember SOD had a whole different feel to it art,color,style an I mean look at Yen in SOD. As you can see W3 Yen also was made into a new style. That being said even looking at SOD I think W3 Triss is pretty close to SOD just different color,style.

I'm not debating which one is better as I like both a lot. I will say though you should watch gametrailers W3 review at the very end, in motion W3 Triss looks amazing.
Couple things to remember SOD had a whole different feel to it art,color,style an I mean look at Yen in SOD. As you can see W3 Yen also was made into a new style. That being said even looking at SOD I think W3 Triss is pretty close to SOD just different color,style.

Guys please dont go to far offtopic this thread gets a lock soon please dont ruin it.

I thought Yen was based off a particular Polish model/actress. Once you see her actual face it all makes sense and she seems less generic (to me) as a result.

As for Triss, she's more detailed? Her face is pretty much the same imo, softer face with more realistic lips. her face still says 'Triss' to me, so I think I can deal.

I must say that I am very disappointed with Triss final design. She now looks simply horrible, especially compared to older design... She was really gorgeous back there. Why did you do this to her?? Everybody can compare for themself. I really hope, CDPR will release older design as variant in one of their free DLCs, because it is simply necessity.

Older design:

New design:

they gave her a higher brow, which is a more feminine trait. maybe they thought she looked too much like tom cruise before. her mouth is more protruded and lips are fuller and more feminine as well.

What is OK? Many things in this game aren't ok ... It seems like world details, visibility and lighting etc wasn't enough for them and they "needed" to make even one of most important character uglier... it is really sad.

God I just had a flash back to the Bioware forums.

"You didn't make super model NPCs! This is an attack on the male gamer!"

"My personal taste for beauty must be upheld because... well I'm me and my mommy said i am special so you better know it!"

could we please not have this argument on the CDPR forums?

oh who am I kidding gamers aren't that reasonable... :-[

Last edited:
God I just had a flash back to the Bioware forums.

"You didn't make super model NPCs! This is an attack on the male gamer!"

"My personal taste for beauty must be upheld because... well I'm me and my mommy said i am special so you better know it!"

could we please not have this argument on the CDPR forums?

oh who am I kidding gamers aren't that reasonable... :-[

Not to defend this behavior or anything but the poster in question is doing this on Pillars of Eternity forum too, so this is not really a CDPR forum issue.

Top Bottom