PC specs and benchmarks DISCUSSION

+
Well what do you know, they did make the PC version look better. Ofcourse performance will go down a bit, but that's fine, we have the options. They also added a setting for npc density ?

Brilliant, CDPR :)
More options = win win situation. The only thing I want them to add in as an option now are screen space reflections like in the 35 minute demo, although I am aware that will kill performance like crazy xD.

The PC version of this game, downgraded from before or not, is going to be such an epic experience.

Does anyone have any info about gtx 980 performance ?
I have EVGA GTX SC ATX 2.0 and 1440p display and know the benchmark says Titan X runs the Witcher on that resolution in only 51 fps... I must say I'm a little bit concerned. :(
How do you think will my GPU do the work ?

Ok, and now why are people surprised that the perfomance is more demanding?.. patches made the game look better, so you were expecting that its going to run better? You wanted better graphics, and that's the price for that.. I must say that the scene with Novigrad now looks way better than before patches were out.. I personally would like even more better stuff in future patches.. more tessellation, higher draw distance, better lighting indoors, better water, blood decals on water, better foliage, etc.. that would be great and so far CD Projekt are on the right track with the so far released patches

Precisely, giving us additional settings for those doesn't hurt anyone. It just allows some people to push visuals even further. The Novigrad scene looks soooo much better . I really hope they bring back the full screenspace reflections as an options too, for those with crazy hardware. Huge performance hit but massive visual fidelity increase. Blood decals on water is also huge - one of the most noticeable things that went missing :p

CDPR are definitely doing things right now :)

970 perform 33fps on Ultra w\ Hairworks+AO... And 780 are 2 times slower than 970.. And 960 is faster that 780..
Thats just BS. Somethings wrong with this test (or patch\drivers);

Titan X 55 average fps with hairworks on. so 980 should be around that
980 is slower than Titan X
Single Titan X on 1500mhz boost = 2x GTX 980 SLI.

Last edited:
No wonder almost all developers hate catering to PC. They can't win.

They lower visuals for more performance "fuuuckaan downgrade sellouts, etc, etc". They then improve, and fix visuals, to increase the graphical quality, and re-introduce some other aspects missing form preview builds. What do they get? "duuur crappy console ports, shiity performance derpa derpa"

Uber ignorance is bliss, I guess.

Disclaimer: (No personal offense intended. It's just ridiculous lol)
''they improve and fix visual to increase the graphical quality'' ..... AHAHHAHAHA XD ok after this there are no more words to do about that :D enjoy your day

970 perform 33fps on Ultra w\ Hairworks+AO... And 780 are 2 times slower than 970.. And 960 is faster that 780..

980 is way slower than Titan X
Single Titan X on 1500mhz boots = 2x GTX 980 SLI.

Ya. I dont think we should take this Numbers to serious yet.

The difference in tone, grass, details and lighting seem pretty cool in the comparison. Maybe when seen directly on the screen we will be a bit happier.

However, I have to say I'm not happy at all with the big downgrade from 2014 gameplay videos (I don't even bother to think about that fantasy that was the 2013 video).. The old assets from 2014 looked SO much better than what we have seen recently. Really, I'd like to see the entrance to Novigrad with the old wall (not the simplistic version of consoles), the swamp vegetation from 2014 gameplay... those are details that made the game stand out much more.

Then maybe I won't be able to play with those details on my 970 GTX, but it's ok. I think CDPR should do that, not only out of respect to the PC gamers who have been years waiting for the best looking game (or best game, full stop) in many years, but also for respect to their own game. If they don't use those amazing assets they showed in 2014 in the PC version, nobody will ever see the real Witcher 3 the team had been working on. And honestly, I won't be happy at all with a little eye-candy added when we were promised a marvel.

thts how kepler series perform in gameworks games. in games with gamework not only amd gpus get affected also nvidia 700 series perform worst thn average 900 series cards

So is hairworks just a gimmick or will it make a difference?

I have a 970

Well it does look really good for example on the griffin trophy, but I'm not sure if it's worth the performance hit. If 30 fps is enough for you, I don't see a reason not to turn it on. But I hope the game still have clothes that use hairworks. That part from the VGX trailer, where that peasant got stabbed in the back looks amazing. Sadly that's another thing that has been changed since then for the final game. :unsure:

Since the performance is now worse with the Day 1 Patch. Will you still be able to play on high with a Gigabyte GTX 770 at higher FPS's?

980 is slower than Titan X
Single Titan X on 1500mhz boost = 2x GTX 980 SLI.

A gtx 980 is indeed a bit slower then a titan x, but two gtx 980 sli will destroy a single titan x, just saying.

960>280X, 770, 780
285>280X, 770, 780

CDPR - you're drunk go home

960 and 285 are technically inferior to these video cards. They physically can not be more effective.

Attachments

• 1png_4411549_17346249.png
    1png_4411549_17346249.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Top Bottom