• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Well first of all, Geralt is a witcher, so he sees better in the dark, hence "light" appears around his immediate..er, surroundings.

Second..what the actual heck are you taking about? I have never seen a game with cloud shadows as good as this. The lighting on the terrain is constantly changing. Don't really understand your point.

WHERE ARE THOSE TINY CLOUDS THAT SHADOW THE EARTH ? its ANTI REALISTIC - were do you se 10 cubic meters of shadow here and there ? wtf ? if a cloud is shadowing the sun no it will shadow 100-200cubic meter at least, not 10-20 like its a disco ball ffs

-Add fog of war, so we know exactly where we have explored.
-Make comic style cutscenes skippable (at least after we seen it the first time)
- Allow you to read books, parchments on the spot (not having the need to go into inventory)
-Books. letters shoudln't take up inventory slots (like most games)
- Improve. horse positioning when call, in Dragon age, it is far better, & almost always one body length radius of your charcter.

One thing that annoyed me last night was trying to find a blacksmith in Novigrad (haven't done Hattori's quest yet) because for some reason some merchants don't stay on the map once you discover them, please have merchant icons on the map stay permanent.

@derpinsky Just make a mod, or wait for one. Although I think it'll break game balance quite horribly. The intention of this mechanics is to promote doing story missions, as they give the most XP. That's the meat and purpose of this game, the STORY. The secondary incentive is to promote exploration with XP and item rewards for unlocking "?" signs. Wolves and ghouls are supposed to get in the way. The intention of REDs is pretty clear. Pointless combat is supposed to be pointless. It's been like this since TW1. It's not a TES game, it's not a Biowere game. Just because game design and game goals are different doesn't mean it's bad design. Since half the posters kinda agree with you, and half shares my point of view, it's rather obvious the mechanics is disputable. That doesn't mean however by any means it's bad. IT'S JUST DIFFERENT THAN YOU'RE USED TO. And it serves it's intended purpose. Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines did the same thing. And it worked well.

But, yet again, and I will say it very clearly

IF YOU DISLIKE THE XP MECHANICS THEN MOD IT, OR WAIT FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO DO SO.

Over and out.

Last edited:
One thing that annoyed me last night was trying to find a blacksmith in Novigrad (haven't done Hattori's quest yet) because for some reason some merchants don't stay on the map once you discover them, please have merchant icons on the map stay permanent.

+1

1. Longer Weapon/Armor Durability Duration.
2. Add a chest for storing Items you don't need at the moment.
3. Add ingredients/craft material glossary (like in Witcher 1), i.e. I don't know how to find them or where I need to go to search them.
4. Let us skip Dandelions narration on the loading screen, it seems like there are two loading screen and it gets kinda annoying if you load saves.
5. Map Icons. Add and option to turn off/on all icons.

@Nilhilion,

Again, criticizing something is important to improve it. The point is to show by how many people are experiencing this issue to show it would be an obvious improvement to the game, and so the makers don't make the same mistake ever again.

and again saying "design choice" is a plea to authority fallacy, argument has 0 value, try again. (equivalent to saying nothing)

And no it would balanced and improve the game. As i have proven.

--This design choice makes the game easier, shorter and less rewarding because if your running past everything you spend less time fighting and die less often while getting the same overall amount of exp and because your not fighting you don't need potions you don't need oils you don't need most items really and can sell them all and you get more money...

And again no it has nothing to do with opinion or what I'm used to its a factual objective statement.

ANYONE can test it and get the same results 100% of the time, that means its factually objective. Your OPINION of liking it this way IS irrelevant because its an anecdotal fallacy also having 0 value.

Last edited:
@Nilhilion,

Again, criticizing something is important to improve it. The point is to show by how many people are experiencing this so it would be an obvious improvement to the game, and so the makers don't make the same mistake ever again.

And no it would balanced and improve the game. As i have proven.

--This design choice makes the game easier, shorter and less rewarding because if your running past everything you spend less time fighting and die less often while getting the same overall amount of exp and because your not fighting you don't need potions you don't need oils you don't need most items really and can sell them all and you get more money...

And again no it has nothing to do with opinion or what I'm used to its a factual objective statement.

ANYONE can test it and get the same results 100% of the time, that means its factually objective. YOUR opinion of liking it this way is meaningless.

But there's really nothing to improve. An RPG is based on quest design, so you gather xp from quests.
The bad design is in Bethesda's and Bioware's games, where you can grind as hell to gather xp in the most pointless way.

The no XP for fighting trash mobs is part of the game's rules. You can't require a rules changement just because you don't like them. Deal with it, or use some mods (mods that will break the balancement).

@moonknightgog

read the quote again, no opinion involved.

---------- Updated at 12:00 PM ----------

@Qaddis

The player makes more money by avoiding combat and not using any repair/oils/potions/food/etc... and selling them, thus you make more money by not fighting, Fact go ahead and try it yourself. I had almost 3000 coins at the end of the first level

Last edited:
My request is hopefully simple. It would make my playing a great deal less frustrating. I play with the Xbox controller, would love it if there was an option to turn off the auto centering of the camera. I have a hell of a time looking around while riding or running, always fighting to get the camera to stay where I am looking as it tries to track back facing forwards. If you can't disable it easily, perhaps consider a longer timer before it starts centering. PLEASE and Thank you! :) By the way, you guys have out done yourselves with this RPG. Loved your last game, but this one is breath taking. I would love to pan around and look at it in all its glory while I'm travelling without fighting with the camera. Keep up the amazing work.

Poptart81 o7

I have lv 11 character and about 2,000 crowns, why would i need more money? How would I even notice that I earn more money by that level..Did you try 10 lvs without and then same 10 lvs again with?
Did you know that some merchants pay you more for some items then another merchants?
Also..i am lv 11 and i still didn't went to see Triss and I will go to the Bog and visit witches, so how is it that I am not receiving enough experience, because i am 4-5 levels above that quest?

Not really an annoying thing, but I just wish more unique buildings were enterable, like the Academy in Oxenfurt, or churches, schools, etc. There are still a lot of enterable buildings and that's good, but so far I haven't found too many really interesting ones.

When an existing character entry is updated, put that "unread" mark near it for easy find.

Likewise for quests, whether completed or just acquired (though it's mainly important for the completed, because they pile up).

These are mostly relevant for later on in the game when you have a lot of entries.

Oh..man.. this game could be so much better & could run so much smoother.I almost want to stop playing it for a year, in hopes that CDPR Team will really fix all the things wrong with this game. :(It's a cool game, but it's so flawed at the moment. It's also my first game that has ever crashed on consoles too! lol...I wan't Rockstar games to make and open world fantasy RPG, with improved RDR horse mechanics and lighting, I'm a lil bummed out.I just thought it could have been more solid. If this game can't be fixed and improved more, then I'm no longer going to be all hyped ro CP2077.CDPR did raise the bar big time though, so I really hope these big ass studios with 1,000's of devs take note and make their games better.

So... you like the game or not? Or only the controls bother you? I'm sorry to hear that, I already got used to the controls with K+M and I'm enjoying the combat a lot. I hope the problems you've found will be ironed out soon.

- PLEASE turn off auto (un)sheathing. Geralt is perpetually sheathing his sword just in time to royally screw me up. And facing a mixed group of enemies (wolves + drowners for instance) is an exercise in madness. He keeps sheathing one sword and drawing the other... while getting mauled.
- PLEASE give me the ability to dodge/roll/parry a projectile BEFORE I get hit in the face. I constantly get hammered by the glob of crap thrown by Water/Bilge Hags despite frantically pressing the roll key/button because technically I'm not in combat yet. I also regularly get shot by bandits because I cannot parry arrows because Geralt has arbitrarily decided he's not in combat anymore.
Yeah... I'm sure there's more but those two are essential fixes. I love this game. I am, in fact, in awe of this game. But those two problems make certain kinds of combat an exercise in frustration.

Thanks so much. Cheers.

Last edited:
i had 3000 at lvl 6 on the hardest difficulty, what you do or don't need is irrelevant... my argument is that the game rewards not fighting more than fighting and thus makes fighting pointless depreciating the value of the game.

yes i played through the first level twice, once playing normally killing things and once just running past as much as possible, my 2nd save got more money and was the same level so i continued with that one.

yes i know some merchants pay more than others...

and your receiving the exact same amount of experience from doing all the fighting and doing none of it, again doesn't matter what you need. fighting is a redundant waste of time.

I still hate that I can't sell my equipped stuff. Like when I'm buying a better armor and I'd like to sell my current one, but nooo, I have to quit the conversation with the vendor, then unequip my old armor, then talk to the vendor again, then sell it. I find it unnecessarily frustrating.

Last edited:
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/17/?

There you go. Up to x9 multiplier. It makes free roaming more rewarding in terms of XP. I was a big supporter of quests being the main XP resource, but i have to admit, that someone who plays the main quest for 2 hours will be several levels higher than someone exploring and killing random enemies(including many several times higher than you) for about 20 hours, is kinda annoying.

This has nothing to do with JRPGs vs RPGs. It's narrative approach vs sandbox approach. This game is both narrative and sandbox, so the developers had to make a choice on the XP system. IMO they made the right choice, because 1)the narrative aspect is propably the most important, and this way they give people who want to focus on the main quest sufficient XP, and 2)Mods already in less than a week adressed the issue if you want to focus also in the sandbox approach of the game.

Last edited:
A few small notes of stuff I would like to see in the future through patches, DLC, mods or whatever::

- Add optional real time clock (like in D3...I forget time as soon as I play).
- Add an ingame screenshot function (there is already a folder...so why no screen key?)
- Possibility to get rid of the "Space Skip" hint in cutscenes when pushing a key (also for better screenshots made by 3rd party software, yes I love to take screens)
- Better inventory. Maybe add a tab for books and letters only for those who want to keep their reading stuff. Or add a bookstore in a city who is willing to keep your books and have them available as soon as you want them (for a small fee).
- Ability to place your own fast travel point (only one at a time!) to which you can only arrive through the standard fast travel posts but not fast travel to other points. So it is more of a "I want to return exactly to this place later" option. Of course there might be some places where this option needs to be deactivated.

But altogether I'm very very happy with the vanilla game already but I also didn't play through it yet. So maybe I find some more stuff for nitpicking later.

So far so good, minor fixes are needed though :)

A needed fixes:
- On random settlements NPC & Villagers just pops up when go by with horse
- SWORD auto (un)sheathing. PLEASE CD red ... When I draw my sword I want to stay drawn, when I put it in the glove I want to stay in the glove.
- Less repair please now it is like any armor is made from aluminum and wood, it just brake the game.

- Sorting the inventory Make things stay how I arranged them in the grid box, the game arrange all stuff in random order.
- Make the oils for swords, potions and offensive gear go to weapons menu not in usable, they are for attack so make them there.
- It just doesn't make any sense some random books to be in the USABLE section where they are just for reading and not to be used in any way.
- We indeed need a stash to put the items we don't need. Maybe Kiara witch hut could be this stash since Geralt don't own a house.
- In the baron's castle the dwarf mention about Hattori or some other blacksmith, I dunno, but a marker on the map for this Hattory guy would be great.
- Make the easier to skip the dialog just by pressing twice ESC button like SPACE to skip just a part from the dialog
- Sometimes when I load a save and it is raining the rain isn't there but only the sound of it.
- Lots of STUFF that are just hovering in the air, herbs, tree roots, in caves the stalactites
- Went to Novigrad and got few dialogs with NPCs and on the background the people were just hovering like ghost with arms spread on the sides, on some the heads were displayed turned on 90 degrees and no bodies.
- NEED A button for screenshot simply pressing print screen button and then ctrl+v in paint or other image editor doesn't seems to work. I want to place here the bugs that I have encounter for the devs to check them out.

And a question to the others, are you seeing people POPPING or insta materializing in front of you at some point???

Top Bottom