Another PC Hotfix is available!

+
Hey all,

Has anyone else been noticing an issue with NVIDIA Hairworks? I already know about the issues Ray Tracing has with it but I have RT off and still notice this. Looks like Geralt's hair is glitching through the hair tie? A couple of the other styles seem off as well. I also have the most up to date NVIDIA graphics driver installed.

Just adding this in the hopes it gets patched soon or a new graphics driver comes out that fixes it.

Attachments

• The Witcher 3 12_22_2022 1_01_07 PM.png
    The Witcher 3 12_22_2022 1_01_07 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 159

We’ve released another hotfix for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PC. On top of further overall stability improvements it also introduces a number of fixes, including:
  • fixes to photo mode,
  • fixes to the Arabic language in the game,
  • fix to the bug with toxicity stuck at max level,
  • Steam Deck improvements,
  • and more.
The game version won’t change.

If you’re experiencing any issues with the game, please send a report to our support via their website. This will greatly help us in tracking and resolving the problems. Thank you!
Still no ray tracing options on intel arc a770. That sucks.

Dang CD Project Red, Nice job improving the game stability and etc. You're getting there! I haven't played TW3 in like two weeks almost. Now, I'm starting to feel safe and comfortable playing the game.

P.S I haven't "touched" my graphic setting since from versions 1.32 when 4.0 came out because I know brand new setting is not ready yet.

Thank you all you did.

PC user,

LuckyCat

If you want a better display it MOSTLY lies on how you calibrate your monitor/tv. It's not just in game settings that affects the looks. It only briefly does so I suggest anyone who cares that much about Hbao+ to consider calibrating their screen.

Sadly not everyone will be satisfied. I swear to God even if they bring back Hbao+ there's going to be more complaints and requests. It's fine to do that but it's not cool to not show enough gratitude and appreciation kind manners to a team who's helping to polish a FREE NEXT GEN UPGRADE on top of the game being on sale countless times up to 50-80% off

You fail to recognize their efforts and generosity. Probably far more tense than any other company and I wholeheartedly am greatful for that.
You were joking in the first half, right?

Don't get me wrong, I do really appreciate the new content and especially, like you pointed out, -free- content. And yeah, pretty much any other big company nowadays might've even sold it as a big full price DLC or hecc even as a "Remaster".

But that simply doesn't justify what they did to the Ambient Occlusion, that ain't anything that you can just "recreate" by simply calibrating your monitor. And specifically the point being, HBAO+ looks much better than SSAO -and- it was there, it was part of the vanilla game, they deliberately decided to kick it out, intentionally lowering the overall graphics quality of the game for everyone who isn't using raytracing (or rather can't).
Should it really be acceptable, that they go 2 steps forward and 1 back on purpose? I mean they didn't just "forgot" to put HBAO+ back in.

And of course, all of this talk about how they should bring back HBAO+ might as well go under or get completely ignored by them (since it was their decision to downgrade to begin with), but I've still gotta hope they acknowledge it and change it back.

Not to mention how I'm gonna ignore all of those horrible performance issues.

I haven't noticed any improvement in terms of optimization/performance.
With an rtx 3080, 64GB of RAM and an i9 10850k in the center of Novigrad the GPU doesn't go above 78/80% of use, the processor DOES NOT Bottleneck.
RT On, DLSS balanced, all on Ultra.
Please optimize the use of the GPU to make the most of it.
Unless you are monitoring all your threads then you can't be sure your CPU is not bottlenecking ..... If you have 16 threads and one is at 100% and the rest are at 15% your average CPU usage will only show 16-17% but you still have a CPU bottleneck because one thread is maxed out. All it takes is one or two threads to max out at 100% to create a CPU bottleneck and keep your GPU from being fully utilized

Issue with finding photomode screenshot location. I can enter screenshot mode and edit and then click take photo, text will say "Screenshot Saved" yet it is not available anywhere.
It is not in steam, and not in the gamefiles.
Route: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3\bin\screenshots
I also tried to make a new file screenshots in "The Witcher 3" and delete the one in bin, but that did not work either.

Issue with finding photomode screenshot location. I can enter screenshot mode and edit and then click take photo, text will say "Screenshot Saved" yet it is not available anywhere.
It is not in steam, and not in the gamefiles.
Route: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher 3\bin\screenshots
I also tried to make a new file screenshots in "The Witcher 3" and delete the one in bin, but that did not work either.
Photomode screenshots are in your "Witcher 3" folder, that's located in "Documents". Cheers.

Imagine rushing (again) to hit a December window for a free update to a 7-year-old game only to then be scrambling to release hotfixes during the festive season, bringing cheer to all involved. One day lessons will be learned, I'm sure...

Unfortunately 7900XT still crashes when ciri's pendulum training cinematic plays in the beginning of the game with all RT options enabled and FSR2 at Quality.

hey, maybe this will help someone. After downloading the complete edition I had a problem loading my saved games from version 1.32, it was crashing into Windows. So I lowered the graphics settings until it loaded my save from 1.32. When it finally loaded it for me, I saved my game and have been fiddling with the graphics settings, RT on, 1080p, pretty much everything on max. My FPS is going between 30-55, depending on the location. The first hotfix stabilized it a bit, I'll see what the second hotfix brings, I haven't updated it yet, I wasn't on PC at the moment. I have an RTX 3070 Ti 8GB graphics card, but an Intel processor and 16GB RAM. Hopefully that information about saved games will help someone at least. Furthermore, as far as optimization is concerned, I firmly believe that CDPR is constantly working on it to bring the Complete Edition to perfection so that all Witcher fans can enjoy it without any system issues as soon as possible. I personally am still waiting for some optimization fixes and haven't played the game yet. For example, at a certain angle of view the spider web is not white, but pink. Of course there is more to fix. Anyway I'll be patient. And sorry for my English, I don't know it, I'm learning it. Have a nice Christmas.

1) Looks fantastic - thank you CDPR for breathing new life into an awesome game - for FREE

2) Am I the only one for whom the game runs absolutely okay both before and after hotfix 1?
I7 12700F + RTX 2070s. Sure, ray tracing tanks framerate (big surprise) but whether DX11 or DX12, same fps as heavily modded ver. 1.32 @1440p.
I did immediately swap out dlss 2.4 for 2.5 before playing so dunno if that made a difference.

No ray tracing:

Ultra+ everything (silly camera effects off): DX11 about 80fps TAAU hairworks off and 75fps Novigrad.
DX12 80+fps with DLSS quality and hairworks on max, 75fps Novigrad
Using DX12 because I like DLSS for anti-aliasing - and the novelty of using hairworks :D also my pc is sff so nice to run mini card at 60c for a change

@4k 60fps if mixing high and ultra and a hot gpu

Ray tracing on: bit rubbish but I don't have a £1k+ gpu so ray tracing is a bit rubbish on everything @ 1440p. For anyone who does have a £1k+ gpu, I get why you'd be a bit miffed you can't turn everything up to 11.

Ver 1.32 was buggy as hell compared to this, sooo much better! Most of the mods I used aren't required anymore and the texture mods mostly work fine but can confirm that um, Gwent max bet 1000 still works. Silly, but I still feel a bit guilty when I fleece the villagers...

Only bug I've found (so far...) is occasional missing audio on the loading screens. tbh I modded out the audio on 1.32 loading anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah I am also getting worse performance after the second hotfix. Playing on DX12 with ray tracing off and getting 20% less fps than before the patch..

I just hope we can fix shadows. Game is unplayable for me. Cant unsee all the missing shadows

RT is still very chuggy. Again, I am astounded by how amazing this game looks with RT, but it's just so back and forth on frame pacing. I'll get an average of high 70s with Ultra 2160p, but dips down to 40 a lot that chugs. That's with DLSS Performance Mode (performance plus kills the resolution too much on a 65inch display).

I was able to get it playable with RT. Vsync on, Nvidia Frame Filler / Predictor or whatever the heck it's called.

RTX 4090
i9 13900KF
64GB 3400Mhz RAM
Installed on NVMe
3840 x 2160p 120FPS

After this hot fix, everything other than my minimap always stays on screen. So health bar, items in the pockets, are always active, and immersion breaking while exploring

Unfortunately 7900XT still crashes when ciri's pendulum training cinematic plays in the beginning of the game with all RT options enabled and FSR2 at Quality.
I'm getting the same thing, and sometimes it will crash before that part. Report it to AMD. The problem could be on their end, so they should be made aware of it. The more reports they get, the more likely it will get their attention.

This hotfix was huge improvement of performance on DX12 for me (GTX 1060 6GB, CPU Intel I5-6400 2.70 GHz ), the game is at last really playable for me. Thank you CDRED. As for DX11 the game still crashes sometimes...randomly i guess.

Everyone, please remember that everyone is allowed to post here and give feedback (even criticism) as long as they follow the forum rules.

So please remember to keep your posts constructive, respectful, polite and be friendly towards others. Even if you disagree with them.

Top Bottom