Character Appearances

+
I think the promo Triss -- you're right, she does look off, her nose is definitely too small and seems to be too low on her face and generally her face is quite different from tw2 Triss. But between the two differing models we see in the cosplay guide -- as you call them render Triss and gameplay Triss -- I actually think they are both more or less representations of the same person -- more than the promo shot. How to describe it? If render Triss was a real person, then gameplay Triss is someone's interpretation, if that makes sense. I see what you mean about the differences you mention, but I think they are more like 'softer' rather than smaller, and they're sculpted in such a way that is more realistic than the gameplay version.

See, I'm uncertain about those two models -- what we call gameplay and render -- because they could actually both be gameplay. I think it's very possible what we call render Triss is actually a newer version that we just haven't seen in any footage yet. I think render Triss is fine -- she seems more unique facially in comparison to Ciri, but still draws some recognisability from tw2 Triss even thought she's quite different. I'm pretty easy to please tbh, though.

Yeah, the two cosplay guide models are still similar enough, just the "render" Triss has sharper features, although I do prefer the "gameplay" version. Just personal preference and its similarity to Witcher 2's Triss. I'm pretty sure the "render" model isn't in-game, though. The quality of the model and lighting seems inconsistent with the other cosplay guide models to me, while the hidden picture looks like the others. The steelbook artwork, which has Yennefer looking like the Elder Blood trailer, seems to show Triss looking much the same as in the Sword of Destiny trailer.

Are all men metrosexual in The Witcher 3?

Why do they shave their chests and underarms?

Attachments

• 2015-05-08_175935.png
    2015-05-08_175935.png
    300.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 2015-05-08_180707.jpg
    2015-05-08_180707.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 62
  • 2015-05-08_181040.jpg
    2015-05-08_181040.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 55
Ye damn it where are our manly men? You aren't considered a real man if you don't have chest/leg hair. This metro-sexual trend has to stop.

Ye damn it where are our manly men? You aren't considered a real man if you don't have chest/leg hair. This metro-sexual trend has to stop.

I'm in agreement. Dwarves are known to be HAIRY. Where is that great chest hair???

Whatever, shaving armpits should be a regular hygienic routine for both genders. And its also more esthetic imo.

As for the rest of the body I don´t know, maybe nilfgaard brough the trend of brazilian wax to the north!

Are people for real?

Like you do know women have hair in most parts of the body too right and did not shave in that time period, lets not even talk about menstruation and so on. If they left the hair in the body for everyone people would have complained, at least now all can be hot and sexy to modern standards of beauty. Unless people have something against beautiful people here.

Are people for real?

Like you do know women have hair in most parts of the body too right and did not shave in that time period, lets not even talk about menstruation and so on. If they left the hair in the body for everyone people would have complained, at least now all can be hot and sexy to modern standards of beauty. Unless people have something against beautiful people here.

Shaving in women makes them look more beautiful. Shaving in men, at least when we are talking about chest hair, makes you look like you are a teenage boy.
You can be a manly man and can trim your hair and be well groomed and still be beautiful but shaving chest hair is a no-no unless you are a professional body builder and want to accentuate your muscles.

I always thought that chest hair meant a distinct change from a boy to a man. There are some things that shouldn't change in this world or in the witcher world.

Rights to chest hair and probably all other hair but on the head belong to BioWare, which bought that right after designing Varric.

Shaving in women makes them look more beautiful. Shaving in men, at least when we are talking about chest hair, makes you look like you are a teenage boy.
You can be a manly man and can trim your hair and be well groomed and still be beautiful but shaving chest hair is a no-no unless you are a professional body builder and want to accentuate your muscles.

I always thought that chest hair meant a distinct change from a boy to a man. There are some things that shouldn't change in this world or in the witcher world.

Funny. I always thought body hair on a woman was the distinct change from child to adult too...

I've always enjoyed the "winter coat"... and prefer women who have better things to do than wage war on something that seems normal.

Rights to chest hair and probably all other hair but on the head belong to BioWare, which bought that right after designing Varric.

Sure but Dorian, Cullen, Iron Bull and so on have no chest hair, that is a design choice for the fangirls that like that kind of thing.

And no it is a personal preference, I for one hate chest and leg hair on men, it looks bad. So I am happy Geralt and all the men in The Witcher look a lot more hot now.

You're considered metro sexual when you shave your armpits? That's basic hygiene...

Speaking from a purely scientific perspective ... that is absolute bullshit. There's no correlation between hygiene and shaven armpits or - god forbit - the genital area. The idea that an unshaven body is somehow unclean is a marketing ploy used by the advertising industry in order to sell more body care products.

You're considered metro sexual when you shave your armpits? That's basic hygiene...

This pretty much. I consider it a sign of civilization , especially in summer time when you are taking the public bus. :( God forbid those man...thinking that being a Neanderthal makes you manly. Not to mention all civilized cultures of ancient times used to shave themselves. Greeks, Romans and Ancient Egyptians.....the hairy ones were the barbarians.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom