Chromatic aberration toggle

+
Chromatic aberration toggle

Since this game uses chromatic aberration please add a toggle for it, allow us to disable it. I hate CA with a passion as it gives me a bloody migraine so please lest us disable it if we want.
If there is no such feature then just let us know so i can skip on purchasing it as i refuse to sit through a 100 hour long migraine rush.

I think a toggle is good. However, the effect seems so subtle that its probably only something you'd notice in a still screenshot as oppose to Dying Light or Bloodborne where its just everywhere.

It is subtle im not denying it but if i can, i rather turn it off. Many of us this particular effect hurts our eyes and makes us nauseous and even if it is subtle the effect starts piling up the longer one plays.

Since this game uses chromatic aberration please add a toggle for it, allow us to disable it. I hate CA with a passion as it gives me a bloody migraine so please lest us disable it if we want.
If there is no such feature then just let us know so i can skip on purchasing it as i refuse to sit through a 100 hour long migraine rush.

It's a pity that you formulated your request in such an uncompromising way, since I definitely wholeheartedly support the need for toggle for CA (I hate CA too), but this would in no way affect whether I purchase the game (since, after all, it's not really a major thing, and I really want to play this game due to its numerous other qualities). I believe that many other people here feel the same. You'd get a lot more "thank you"'s and redpoints indicating community support for your request, if not for this last line in your original post.

I was not rude, but i rather not suffer a massive migraine. This is coming from someone who has played both the previous games but CA is really that big a issue for some. Would you buy or pay for something if it makes you ill?

The reason i asked is if there is no toggle it will be good to know and i will move on. Do i want to play the game? definitely but not if it physically hurts to play it.

Finally for the rather straightforward post is that it has become a trend recently where every new game comes loaded with chromatic aberration. So much so that now i have to actually go to their specific forums to find out if it has it, and can i turn it off.

Last edited:
I was not rude, but i rather not suffer a massive migraine. This is coming from someone who has played both the previous games but CA is really that big a issue for some. Would you buy or pay for something if it makes you ill?

The reason i asked is if there is no toggle it will be good to know and i will move on. Do i want to play the game? definitely but not if it physically hurts to play it.

Finally for the rather straightforward post is that it has become a trend recently where every new game comes loaded with chromatic aberration. So much so that now i have to actually go to their specific forums to find out if it has it, and can i turn it off.

Well said. And i wholeheartedly support you. I find CA very very irritating even in small amounts. CA is an aberration, an optical byproduct of a lens and is most noticeable on cheap ones. It's been one of the worst offenders for decades and lens manufacturers have tried everything to minimize it. Nowadays they rely on software methods for removing it in postprocessing (lens profiles = fastest solution).

In visual media nowadays it's a Lo-Fi effect that screams "camcorder!" and thus has no place in a medieval-themed game. I'm a bit disappointed by CDPR that they shortsightedly choose to be "trendy" and implement it in TW3.

With CA you see a triple image and your eyes have a harder time focusing to the screen.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat. Could not finish Alien, while I was playing Dying Light got a nasty headache because of it. Thanks god, found a mod that removes the effect and now i can enjoy Dying Light. If i won't be able to disable it, i won't buy W3. My pc probably can't handle the game anyway. Can we get any official answers or anything similar?

Welp, I have a PS4. This feature should be selectable on the consoles (if present) as well. Not goin' to upgrade my 2011 PC I actually bought for TW2.
On a sidenote nVidia Shield & GRID is an interesting choise for (poor) gamers. Looking forward to know if you can change the graphical settings on that one and what's the lag on LTE connection or ADSL 24 Mbps.

Last edited:
what are you yalking about? there is no CA !!!

There appears to be a tiny bit. Its only been noticed in a few screenshots so its possible its not something youll see during gameplay or its just some treatment that has been added to screenshots. Id be shocked if people got headaches from the subtle use we've seen, but I'm all for a toggle.

what are you yalking about? there is no CA !!!

Sadly there is.

It's clearly quite subtle in the 4K Screenshot (Very few people picked up on it, and many of us outright refused to believe those that did), and so I checked with Marcin and he confirmed it does, but it's also tied to different locations and TOD. So sometimes it'll have less, sometimes more, maybe even sometimes none at all, but of that I'm not 100% sure.
Even without Marcin's confirmation, it would have definitely become obvious to me with that latest Autopsy screenshot. You can definitely see it much clearer there than the in prior shots. It's still not crazy like Isolation, Bloodborne, Dying Light etc, but it's definitely evident.

Even if subtle, CA is a detriment to every game I've ever seen it in. I have no idea why the fuck it has become the new "thing" this generation, and it doesn't deserve a place in any game but most certainly not a Witcher game. I am 100% fully in support of a toggle, at least on PC. Although as I said in the Screenshot thread, it's possible the effect is baked into certain lighting conditions and locations, so it might simply not be possible, in which case I'll be grabbing the first "removal" mod/solution for it that pops up.

Can someone send a picture and point CA on it? I cant see anything about this. Only thing that i didn't like was in January footage when Geralt was standing in front of contract board and white light glimmered from the edge of his clothes.

Can someone send a picture and point CA on it? I cant see anything about this. Only thing that i didn't like was in January footage when Geralt was standing in front of contract board and white light glimmered from the edge of his clothes.

The screenshot with Geralt staring at the corpses feet

CA isn't a free effect either. I have no idea why devs put CA everywhere even if it doesn't fit at all

Oh that's understandable. It's the same reason people add film grain for instance. I didn't really mind it in alien since it fits that game.
Me too, I thought it looked good. It did soften the edges a bit and gave that cinematic, classic feel. I think it should stay in the game as an option for players at least. I like to mess around with my TV settings a lot when I play games, just to help set the mood or tone. If the CA is faint like it was Aliens, it might be cool and make TW3 have a vibe I can't put my finger on. Something like Dreamy,Painting, Classic, Adult Low/Dark Fantasy, 70's/80's Cartoon Movie Style, but more realistic than a cartoon of course. I can't explain it, but I think it would be a really neat option to have in place. I trust CDPR's Art Team to do justice and if this style looks good in person, I'm all for it. It's better to have it as an on/off option, than not have it at all.
Right? :)

Top Bottom