[DISCUSSION] Witcher 3 Screenshots and Artwork

+
Well, it's not really part of the HUD. It's meta information displayed in the world itself, not like the always-visible HUD. Some official confirmation would be appriciated.

Hmm... I don't know, I've always considered the "HUD" to encompass all information that isn't manually invoked by the player. Things like the player/npc/enemies unit frames, combat log, quest log, minimap, and I'd include that new durability indicator as well.

In either case that video posted by Scryar definitely shows that information missing from the bandits.

I'm pretty sure it has already been previously mentioned that most, if not all of the screen meta information could be customized/disabled. Such as NPC markers, and other 'handholding' info. Along when they first mentioned HUD customization.

The game is so overcolored(oversaturated)

For me the problem isn't that colours in the game are oversaturated but that the colour tempature is too warm/yellow-ish. It's been that way ever since the January gameplay. This what not an issue I noticed in the 35 minute demo nor the SoD trailer.

Below is the shot of the Griffin with a slightly cooler colour tempature as an example.

But hey! Thank the gods for SweetFX right? :)

Last edited:
For me the problem isn't that colours in the game are oversaturated but that the colour tempature is too warm/yellow-ish. It's been that way ever since the January gameplay. This what not an issue I noticed in the 35 minute demo nor the SoD trailer.

Below is the shot of the Griffin with a slightly cooler colour tempature as an example.

But hey! Thank the gods for SweetFX right? :)
It's the lighting and settings ;)

If you recall the previous Witcher games the REDs love to play with different light temperatures, colours and various settings wich go hand in hand with that.
If you have a look at that poster at 2:05:
You'll see that all the regions have very different light settings.
The yellow palette is part of the wealthy pre-war Nowigrad and the pacified northern Temeria White Orchard area, so it's my guess that we'll get a lot of different lighting areas. Wich will make it awfully hard to have a SweetFX set that looks good everywhere

But you're right compared to the older shots the colours got brighter, still the Art Direction tries to get a certain vibe for each area, so that's definetly one of the things that should be judged at runtime not from random screenshots. Maybe the bright colourful vibe is the equivalent to the Act 4 area, meant for the player to relax? But I'm probably just repeating older arguments.
I wouldn't worry too much about it for now and wayt until I got my hands on. (I'm also no friend of the plastic-ish look of modern games, but that's nothing that can't be fixed easily)

We have a lot of options to customize and disable parts of HUD, not sure if texts over heads can be disabled though (I never tried it tbh).
Oh fuck, please try it then, because I really don't like reading floating text if I don't have to.
Yes, I am that sad that I want this game to look real and not like a game, so blame it on the state or the rain. :)

Oh fuck, please try it then, because I really don't like reading floating text if I don't have to.
Yes, I am that sad that I want this game to look real and not like a game, so blame it on the state or the rain. :)

You can disable almost all text overlay from the game. The only text that will always be present is interaction/lock-on text. Meaning the name of a given NPC/Enemy will be displayed while he is your focus. This is simply for gameplay reasons, as we need a visual cue of what you can interact with and what not.

However any spoken text etc can be disabled. I'm currently running through the game with everything turned off and there is no distracting text anywhere. :)

Even for animals? I mean, I know what a goose is (or can you interact with them maybe?).
So...is he saying that bandit does not say bandit over a bandits head until we lock on to that bandit? I don't even want that cue, I don't get it lol..
Oh well... if it looks more natural and cleaner compared to TW2 I'll manage.;)
I get it, if it's some major person or monster we are looking for I guess.
Hmm.. @GingerEffect can you please show us a picture of what it looks like when you lock on to a target?
Just for shits maybe? Also.. are you having fun, do you like it so far?? Playing TW3?? You Lucky Dog!
I got 21 more days to go! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom