HoS Difficulty being Nerfed?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whining before was that the fights were too easy. Now the complain is that they are too hard. Those who complain now are acting like pregnant woman. Decide already, what do you want. And if the fights are tough for you - OPTIONS>>GAMEPLAY>>DIFFICULT LEVEL - It is so simple.
I support Alex_Khevs - Raise the level of difficulty.
Thank you.

Finished the game on the highest difficulty, it was difficult only in the beginning of the game. In addition the difficult of normal. The Witcher does not have to kill everyone press "X" to kill. He has to use bombs, oils, signs, elixirs and decoctions.View attachment 26545

Attachments

• Безымянный.jpg
    Безымянный.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Oh god please no nerfs! I was already pissed about the final boss fight in this game. The guy couldn't even get past my Quen to touch my HP at all. On Deathmarch...
Currently im trying to play without using Quen at all, but still how can you even die in this game when you have like 5HP bars worth of healing potions. I don't get it.

But even HoS on Deathmarch was too easy
People are different. Normal mode was normal for me. So casual players will get easy bosses, harcore players will continue to master their skills on hard bosses, AND NORMAL PLAYERS WILL GET RUINED GAME.

REDs, what the hell are you doing? ???

Hi! The re-balance will mainly affect the "just story" and "normal" difficulties and won't have a big effect on "blood and broken bones" or "death march". We will also address the disappearing of rune words and glyphs as @cyberpunkforever mentioned.

Fantastic :cheers4: Thank you so much for taking the time to address my concerns!

An option to disable soft targeting would be grand as I doubt I will ever be able to defeat a certain healing wraith without it being underlevelled as my Geralt is.
Caretaker was no problem, went down in one try, but if an enemy regens 5000+ per second and my blsde only does 700-1000 per hit, well... I really need to be able to target whatever heals that wraith quickly.

So, with the new patch, my problem seems to have been amplified. Wraith now regens 11000+ health when it previously did 5000+. lol
*sigh* I wish the game was a little bit more role-playing friendly.

Well...just some Fallen Knight with a Halberd one-hits me in NG+ with almost every hit on blood'n bones, so it isn't exactly easy now is it..

I only beat that asshole frog when it got stuck in place because of a glitch. So, I'd say it needs change. Other fights are absolutely perfect and should not be changed. On first encounters, Witcher 3 is a hard game. Leave it be so.

Dont freak out ppl the difficulty for bosses is messed up on easy and normal in hos ... I usally do 1 playthrough on easy and then 1 on deathmarch... I felt like the diff8culty on easy was as hard as death march from the main game .. probably even harder ... this got me very excited for my upcoming death march playthrough , because I enjoy the challenge ... have to admit that it was probably too hard for easy difficulty... not that I mind ... but yeah...

Main game death march could take really take some hints from this difficulty .... especially for most of the witcher contracts

Last edited:
Hi! The re-balance will mainly affect the "just story" and "normal" difficulties and won't have a big effect on "blood and broken bones" or "death march".

That seems elusive to me. As I understand it, re-balancing will still have an effect on the hardest difficulty, but not too big? Hardest difficulties will still be affected, but not too much? I hoped that these difficulties will not be affected at all by re-balancing...

---------- Updated at 04:10 AM ----------

Last edited:
The whining before was that the fights were too easy. Now the complain is that they are too hard. Those who complain now are acting like pregnant woman. Decide already, what do you want. And if the fights are tough for you - OPTIONS>>GAMEPLAY>>DIFFICULT LEVEL - It is so simple.
I support Alex_Khevs - Raise the level of difficulty.
Thank you.
I have to say.. you're right, HoS was a good challenge even on the easy story mode, but that caretaker guy was pretty damn tough.. the bandits were a little harder too, it felt more like NG+. I think the devs will manage to pull off a good difficulty challenge, that suits most players. I think us die hard players, are just getting stronger, and better everyday.. so much so, that even the easy difficulty setting starts to get a little bland in some spots. Welll.. gotta go, to play some more.. I fucking love this game!! Off Topic, But I still wish we could zoom in the camera while in combat, and just in general. ;)

Last edited:
Hi! The re-balance will mainly affect the "just story" and "normal" difficulties and won't have a big effect on "blood and broken bones" or "death march". We will also address the disappearing of rune words and glyphs as @cyberpunkforever mentioned.

Are you sure about "blood and broken bones" and "death march" not being heavily affected? Because this is what the Caretaker fight looks like on Deathmarch now (no mods used):
youtube /watch?v=H5prnajz9Oc
Is this intended or did the fight bug out on me? I even retried it a couple times (quit the game completely), but I got the same results.

Last edited:
Are you sure about "blood and broken bones" and "death march" not being heavily affected? Because this is what the Caretaker fight looks like on Deathmarch now (no mods used):
youtube /watch?v=H5prnajz9Oc
Is this intended or did the fight bug out on me? I even retried it a couple times (quit the game completely), but I got the same results.

He barely regenerates any health from those souls and his armor value seems to have dropped significantly.

He barely regenerates any health from those souls and his armor value seems to have dropped significantly.
Patch 1.11 has updated btTaskCaretakerManager.ws script which controls Caretaker's combat behavior - devs added CalculateHealingValues function which calculates his recovery and healing rates dynamically, although pre-patch script had fixed values. So I guess we can use the same script from patch 1.10 as a standalone mod, if it is a real nerf :)
Can compare armor values too, but sadly I don't have pre-patched HoS

Last edited:

Wow just wow. If that's not a bug and indeed Death March they nerfed him to Eredin level (almost impossible for Geralt to die if you don't go afk during the fight).
What a joke. Forums and reviews are full of praise for CDP for the finally! challenging difficulty and a week later they reverse it back to the cakewalk difficulty of the base game. But hey,at least CDP managed to ignore all the people who complained about Death March not being challenging after the first 15 hours since release. But if one person opens a thread that a boss might be too difficult, they hurry to nerf him for everybody.

Glad I didn't instal 1.11, though at some point I will have to thanks to mods...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom