If it's already finished.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah well like I said I pre-ordered the game digitally through PS4 and I also have on PC. I pre-loaded the game on both, but in all honesty though. Considering this has happen and the game is finished the smart thing to be fair is to release the game early. There is no real reason to keep it on hold honestly from what I see.
CDPR will most surely have contractual obligations with many big retailers(like amazon/gamestop) who haven't broken street date who will be pissed if people start cancelling their pre-orders from them and started playing by buying the game digitally.
Anyways, this whole thread is about this topic. I suggest you read through it if you need more information.

I'm not offended, it's just that normally, subscribing to a forum would require a minimum of knowledge of that said forum including existing threads about that very subject. One would expect that even before subscribing, a minimum of reading is usually done. Not to mention that usually, a first post shouldn't be about complaining.

Is it still being rude or just common reasoning ??

Because someone made a slight mistake doesn't give you the right to be a jerk now does it? We are all adults here and it should act like adults. At least hopefully most of us if not all. This is the first time I used this forum and I just heard about all these people getting the game early. If you're going to start problems I think it may be for the best you stop now. :)

Guys, we are talking about days here not weeks. If some disrespectful retailers broke street date like a month in advance, and preparations for launch were already complete, bringing the launch forward might make sense. However, why would you want CDPR to risk making a reactionary decision that could lead to issues when we are only talking about 3~4 days? A big launch like these are carefully planned out and should not be rushed. Just stay away from streams and sites you don't trust to be spoiler-free environments.
And for people picking a bone with CDPR for allowing streams, don't think of that as an endorsement. It's more like accepting defeat against an inevitable tide. It sucks, but there was little sense in playing whac-a-mole against an endless spring of streams.

Not to hijack this thread but:
Have the Devs made any comment on cracking down on all the places that now have the game availible.......
Thus far this release seems like failure and uncoordinated. Especially since no retaliation has been made thus far.

Guys, we are talking about days here not weeks. If some disrespectful retailers broke street date like a month in advance, and preparations for launch were already complete, bringing the launch forward might make sense. However, why would you want CDPR to risk making a reactionary decision that could lead to issues when we are only talking about 3~4 days? A big launch like these are carefully planned out and should not be rushed. Just stay away from streams and sites you don't trust to be spoiler-free environments.
And for people picking a bone with CDPR for allowing streams, don't think of that as an endorsement. It's more like accepting defeat against an inevitable tide. It sucks, but there was little sense in playing whac-a-mole against an endless spring of streams.

Oh I have no issues with spoilers for the story. I would probably forget it all the next day anyway, haha. Spoilers don't really effect me much it is simply the experience of the massive world and how large and how much there it to do in the game. The gameplay, combat, everything. It is crazy that so many are playing it now and I have to wait till monday to play it. At least I am off work on monday, but I am off work today and I would play it today if I could. I understand it is a big launch but I don't see whats wrong with letting it out early digitally at least wouldn't hurt. The day 1 patch seems to be out already it downloaded the day 1 patch when I pre-loaded the game on PS4. Steam I am not to sure, but I am sure CPR has already has it ready for the release so, yah.

Petition started for CDPR to release the game for their beloved PC platform, it's only fair, seeing as the console community are already playing https://www.change.org/p/cd-project-...t_created=true

I have to honestly say by the time that got enough signatures the game will be released anyway on May 18th.

Last edited:
No. It's one thing if retailers are breaking the release date. It's another thing entirely if cd projekt red participates in it. It would be horrible for anyone waiting for a physical copy of the game that is set to be delivered /picked up on the 19th.

This is silly at best. You want CDPR to contact GOG (yes its owned by them but ran by gog staff I assume), Valve, not to mention countless brick and mortar stores AROUND THE WORLD (Gamespot, BestBuy, Walmart, Target, Game, etc etc etc) and move the release date by two days, really? Do you have any idea how silly this sounds? Learn patience, it's a useful skill... I can hardly wait myself but it's just 2 days left.

Oh and the VAST VAST majority of console players are waiting just like we are... a tiny percentage of stores around the world broke the street date, not most of them.

In any case, some stores have broken street not by PR choice as far as I'm aware.

There's a lot of console gamers who have to wait like everyone else, myself included.

Suck it up MY CHARMING LOVED ONES.

Last edited by a moderator:
CDPR should participate and listen to the community. If we want the game, they should maybe consider it.

Also, yes, it wouldn't be fair to the minority who bought the physical copy, but atm, the situation is unfair to the majority who bought the digital copy of the game, most of us on GoG, to support CDPR. There's already an unfair scenario, seeing as console gamers are happily playing the game.

I agree with your post but to be honest, if the launch was carefully planned, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Retailers choosing to break street date and CDPR's preparations for GOG and other digital releases are different things. Now I'm not too sure about people saying even day 1 patches are live on the PS4 and Xbone, but isn't that up to Sony and MS, rather than CDPR? The only thing I want to see from this mess is CDPR and their partner publishers being harsh with those that broke street date. Then again with a lot of money on the line, there might not be significant repercussions which would be a shame.

This is getting ridiculous. It's only a couple of days. Are you seriously that impatient?

No it isn't about impatience I don't mind waiting at all. It is the concept of so many others are getting the game early and being allowed to play it while some do not and have to wait. Either way I guess if CPR doesn't release it early I guess all I can do is wait and wait I will and enjoy the game on monday, but it would be nice if they would be fair or do something nice for thoses who waited since so many didn't have to.

You know what's most sad thing? 75% is still waiting for 19th but some other already playing. So where is the line of equality???

I just... I... Wha... Why... Ugh.... The game officially releases in what-- 53hrs? Let's assume you sleep less than average-- you're talking about 41 waking hours of having to endure this travesty. Can we occupy our time more constructively than brewing animosity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom