New cinematic: "52 and a half"

+
umairali said:
It is indeed amazing and first time i see Garelt is controlling a horse. i mean like skyrim. still its an awesome thing
Uhm... actually that comes from one of the Last Wish short stories, "A grain of truth". I reccomend to read it, it's a fine tale :)

umairali said:
Thanks for the kind words, guys:) We were working hard for the last few weeks and it's great to see it was worth it:)

You know, Geralt's statement about 52 and half pretty summarize my mood of the morning, after reading the forum.
Thanks for all the intense emotions you're giving to me!

And on a side note: I know how it is working hard on deadlines LOL

umairali said:
The cinematic design and direction of cdpr's trailers and cutscenes are in my opinion the best in the business, by far. Feckin masterpiece.
Qft

umairali said:
I wish Sapkowski saw this. I imagine he would be proud of what you created out of his universe.

I especially love that moment when Geralt goes into meditation. The sound effect with headphones on is amazing and Geralt's face getting that chalky white colour looks very creepy.
Oh I bet he knows and I bet he is really proud of them (since they're making the book saga a worlwide most pop ;) )

I also like how Geralts comments on the troll. It shows that there's much more than mindless monster killing in being a Witcher and that being one means also respecting some of the monster "species".

JackintheGreen said:
Can you imagine what the modding community could do with the RED Engine? Even short films...

*sigh* I CAN imagine what I could do with it...

I hoped they would announce a toolset at least, but seems I have to wait until Witcher 3 or so for a new toolset. :(

Nevertheless it is awesome to see Geralt riding on his horse, I also love the details in this trailer. And I also know that the internet will break on the 11th of April when all are downloading the patch at once. :D

Btw. happy Eastern from Germany to all ;)

luc0s

Forum veteran
This video made me love the character Geralt so much more than I already did. I'm currently reading The Last Wish and strangely enough the Geralt in the book felt a little disconnected to me, almost as if Geralt in the books is not the same Geralt as in the games. This video, however, re-established the connection between the books and the games, for me at least. The way Geralt behaves in this video is EXACTLY how I see him in my head while reading The Last Wish.

For whatever reason, I always get a kick out of Geralt complaining about low pay and a lack of respect.

And I was pleased to see a reference to the books with Geralt casting Axii to calm Roach.

Simply awesome in-game cinematic!

This is how people should act in the actual game. Witchers are feared by both monsters and humans. By humans since most humans see witchers as monsters who fights monsters and monsters fear witchers when it is too late unless they have some intellect.

To be a witcher is to be feared and getting crappy pay for risking ones life hunting monsters for the sake of humans who in turn is scared of you or hate you. Tough life being a witcher, but Geralt does it with style. :cool:

Wouldn't mind this cinematic to be in the game at some point in the next dlc or patch. Especially the face change was really cool after drinking a potion as mentioned in the books. also Geralts voice saying "52.. and a half.." was priceless.

man after seeing this I so want to read the booksthe way Geralt was talking (?) to his horse Roach was awesome :p :D

slimgrin said:
Watched it again, and kudos to the director cause he suspended my disbelief: Geralt would never blunder into a pack of monsters like that. He's the hunter, he'd be the one taking them by surprise. Brilliant all the same though.

It's just a bunch of Nekkers. He's going to chop them up in 20 seconds anyway. So, we are not going to be able to ride a horse in the EE though, correct? It would be awesome if we could though :)

Kodaemon said:
I'm just happy horses and other animals now exist at all in the game.

I wanna see this thing:

Kodaemon said:
I'm just happy horses and other animals now exist at all in the game.

Yeah, lol come to think about it there are no animals in witcher 2 except the occasional dead dog. Oh, the crows that fly around where harpy's live as well. A few forest animals would really do a lot for realism.

Watched it a couple of times, the part were Geralt drinks his . . . , I actually don't know what it is, and his face goes almost ghost white, the look in his eyes is frightening, but awesome at the same time.

The 20th of April can't come soon enough.

CChulainn said:
Watched it a couple of times, the part were Geralt drinks his . . . , I actually don't know what it is, and his face goes almost ghost white, the look in his eyes is frightening, but awesome at the same time.

The 20th of April can't come soon enough.

17th mate

CChulainn said:
It's actually the 20th in Europe, games always drop on a Friday, well, in the Rep of Ireland anyway.

oh ok!
and btw may I ask where are you from? Which country?
coz your avatar perfectly looks of my country India's tricolour only the perfect circle should have been blue to complete it

Top Bottom