New Game+ is coming it seems

+
I just very reluctantly started a new game, but I am still extremely salty. I spent so much time making all of those damn potions and oils specifically for NG+.....

Besides NG+, cant w8 until they release an arena(should be cooler then in W2 imo) and a higher difficulty, mb with permadeath even, although dunno about the last cuz of the fall dmg

It would only be good if the difficulty climb accordingly. I think the chances of this happening with NG+ are betetr than with a normal game. If they start the game assuming you have 12 skills and 4 mutagens, even if enemies don't become much harder later on, it would be hard enough to get better to fight them, because our proggression would be fully based on equipment.

Ideally, though, they should fix the pace of the vanilla proggression and make enemies level climb more on areas far from the starting ones. I enjoy the beginning of the game, with few skills and more open variety of viable equipment. I like it a lot because Geralt doesn't start the game naked. Far from it. He starts with the 5 signs and the the riposte. That's a very good start, imo, a lot of qualitative variety in the beginning of a game.

I just very reluctantly started a new game, but I am still extremely salty. I spent so much time making all of those damn potions and oils specifically for NG+.....

It's still not clear what will actually transfer to NG+, though... could be that it's only level and money.

Don't loose hope peeps,

Like I've been saying all this time, June 23rd just makes most sense in terms of marketing efforts. It will be like this: Bethesda gave you a crappy presentation , we give you an additional mode for an already-huge game. I can't wait for the next week :)

I really wish a developer would just confirm if it's coming or not so that we don't have to live in agony for weeks and move on.

I heard somewhere, I don't remember where I saw it on the internet, it was supposed to be the 16th of June but I guess not. I am a sad panda.

I don't know about you guys, but I find no joy in battles.

Like Skyrim, this game is all about exploration and enjoying the scenery for me and of course interacting.

This game is all about experiencing a story. It's always been about that, with the addition of better combat mechanics compared to some other RPGs. I truly feel like I am living as Geralt when playing this game, I get immersed and I care what happens. So far I have laughed and cried with this game, I don't think a story has ever pulled me in as much as The Witcher has.

Last edited:
This game is all about experiencing a story. It's always been about that, with the addition of better combat mechanics compared to some other RPGs. I truly feel like I am living as Geralt when playing this game, I get immersed and I care what happens. So far I have laughed and cried with this game, I don;t think a story has ever puklled me in as much as The Witcher has.

This game is a peace of art that adds value as a cultural creation. Dont get me wrong , I dont think its an artistic masterpiece but its reached a level when you can call it good art without even considering the interactive aspect.

This is why we all seem to interpret it different. Good art is derivative of many experiences and can be shaped by the viewer, reader etc. This is why for some it's more about the job of being a witcher, while to others its about the patternal relationship with Ciri. Heck, some of us came here just for the boobies :p No matter how shallow or in-depth people's experiences are, its just amazing that people are capable to play the same video game and have those diverse playthroughs.

This is why a new mode would be fun, a bit of challenge on top of trying to experience the game differently :)

I would love for them to add NG+, and I hope that they do. For me, it would give me more motivation to achieve the highest level I can and do all of the content the game has to offer. I think it would extend the life of the game for a lot of players.

I'm baffled about the amount of players who just want this game to something else that it was never intended to be.

I wonder how many of you are fans of the first hour, playing Witcher 1 and 2 right at release. Witcher was NEVER about something like NG+.

This is not Dark Souls and it shouldn't become something like it. I have no problem with people having different tastes and wishes but I highly dislike the notion here that people want to force CDPR into a certain direction that was never the DNA or focus of the series. Honestly, I like me strategy games as well. Nevertheless I don't demand Witcher 3 to be a strategy game. I can enjoy it for what it is.

But I guess this is the bane of mainstream. You can't focus anymore. There are always people who want to be your game being something different. In the end we get exactly the lowest common denominator games, created by a list of featuers that a game "should" have, nobody want to make or play. Thanks, guys.

And I also don't get this "extend the life of the game". Why does that matter? This is not a MP game. It's a SP game. You play it once, twice or more and then it's good. Do something else. A SP story-driven game is like a good movie. It has an end and that's good. No need to play the same thing over and over again. Just do something else. CDPR doesn't profit a bit from people playing the game longer than 100 hours or longer than 1000 hours. People buy the game once no matter if they play the game for 10 or 1000 hours. There is not much for CDPR to gain here in terms of "extending the life of the game".

Last edited:
I'm baffled about the amount of players who just want this game to something else that it was never intended to be.

I wonder how many of you are fans of the first hour, playing Witcher 1 and 2 right at release. Witcher was NEVER about something like NG+.

This is not Dark Souls and it shouldn't become something like it. I have no problem with people having different tastes and wishes but I highly dislike the notion here that people want to force CDPR into a certain direction that was never the DNA or focus of the series. Honestly, I like me strategy games as well. Nevertheless I don't demand Witcher 3 to be a strategy game. I can enjoy it for what it is.

But I guess this is the bane of mainstream. You can't focus anymore. There are always people who want to be your game being something different. In the end we get exactly the lowest common denominator games, created by a list of featuers that a game "should" have, nobody want to make or play. Thanks, guys.

And I also don't get this "extend the life of the game". Why does that matter? This is not a MP game. It's a SP game. You play it once, twice or more and then it's good. Do something else. A SP story-driven game is like a good movie. It has an end and that's good. No need to play the same thing over and over again. Just do something else. CDPR doesn't profit a bit from people playing the game longer than 100 hours or longer than 1000 hours. People buy the game once no matter if they play the game for 10 or 1000 hours. There is not much for CDPR to gain here in terms of "extending the life of the game".

Here is where I think other way. I would spend 2 x more money (than the base game) in course of next 2 years to get:
- expansions (like a new zone or something)
- to get more interactions with core characters (Yen, Ciri, Triss etc.) after the main story

I think there are more people who think that way.
It is not about "easy" money for CDPR, but I think W3 now is a platform, they made, they can extend on top of it, alot.
It is like they could even release adventure/quest toolkit or whatever, and market for those quests where people can make them and sell them as DLC (see the free business idea I gave you here CDPR? ;). Based on what I see on internets, there would be plenty of people and plenty of new content coming.

Everyone would benefit from it:
- CDPR - getting their rightful share
- people who can make quality content
- and players who would enjoy the Witcher world

Here is where I think other way. I would spend 2 x more money (than the base game) in course of next 2 years to get:
- expansions (like a new zone or something)
- to get more interactions with core characters (Yen, Ciri, Triss etc.) after the main story

I think there are more people who think that way.
It is not about "easy" money for CDPR, but I think W3 now is a platform, they made, they can extend on top of it, alot.
It is like they could even release adventure/quest toolkit or whatever, and market for those quests where people can make them and sell them as DLC (see the free business idea I gave you here CDPR? ;). Based on what I see on internets, there would be plenty of people and plenty of new content coming.

Everyone would benefit from it:
- CDPR - getting their rightful share
- people who can make quality content
- and players who would enjoy the Witcher world

This...I'm baffled by the amount of people so against it, especially some of the people that get so aggressive over NOT wanting it.

This...I'm baffled by the amount of people so against it, especially some of the people that get so aggressive over NOT wanting it.

You have to be new to the internet then... haters gonna hate. Even if CDPR came out and announced a third, 50 hour expansion of post-game content, there still would be those that complain.

Because it's either meaningless fluff or they spend a good amount of hours to properly scale, level up and balance enemies, also handle quest XP. All of that time and effort could be spent better balancing the main game which needs it desperately, not some pointless fluff of a NG+.

This is not Dark Souls and it shouldn't become something like it.

NG+ sucked in Dark Souls as well, a great deal in fact.

Because it's either meaningless fluff or they spend a good amount of hours to properly scale, level up and balance enemies, also handle quest XP. All of that time and effort could be spent better balancing the main game which needs it desperately, not some pointless fluff of a NG+.

NG+ sucked in Dark Souls as well, a great deal in fact.

Dark Souls is the single best examples of how to do NG+ right. If you don't like it in Dark Souls, then you aren't ever going to appreciate the mechanic. Which begs the question - why not? NG+ makes a second and third playthrough way more interesting because the leveling curve is new, even if the story isn't. If you *want* to work your way up from level 1, then you still have that option. This idea that CDPR is going to divert all their resources on NG+ to the detriment of every other fix that the game still needs is baseless. CDPR have shown themselves willing to keep iterating their games until they're as done as they can possibly be. The exp curve is already fixed via mods and it will be fixed officially at some point. NG+ is going to be a much-appreciated addition for the majority of us, and for those who aren't into it, it's optional.

Stop telling people how to and how much they can enjoy a game. What's the matter with you? It also sounds like you completely missed the point of NG+. Witcher is a series of replayability through different choices. Enhancing that with a different gameplay experience can only be a good thing. None of this "play it once and toss it aside" bullshit you think this series is about. How ironic.

CDPR secure fans who buy future products when they support their releases. You're advising them to not give a shit? What a true fan, one who was there from the first hour.

Last edited:
Top Bottom