New Game+ is coming it seems

+
So long as the game isn't too easy even on the highest difficulty (looking at you, Dragon's Dogma), I'll enjoy NG+ quite a bit.

I don't see the point. From a level point of view it makes even less sense. All you need are 9 skills and you easily get their slots unlocked way before endgame. NG+ will also screw up the already not scaling quests. I think it's a waste of time and resources.

I don't see the point. From a level point of view it makes even less sense. All you need are 9 skills and you easily get their slots unlocked way before endgame. NG+ will also screw up the already not scaling quests. I think it's a waste of time and resources.
If NG+ was already planned as part of the free DLC line-up, then no, it's not really a waste of resources since it was already planned out, and potentially already done; so, it won't take anything away (well, at least not enough to warrant concnern) from something more substantial down the line (like the two expansions planned for TW3).

Maybe you want to make a hybrid build, one that would only be possible with more stat points to be viable. Maybe you want to play through with all your abilities from start to finish. And do you really think that NG+ wouldn't scale the quests up? It could simply add 35 levels to each quest and monster so you would be starting maybe 5 or so levels before white orchard monsters.

New Game+ usually refers to starting a new game after beating the game, but you carry some advantage you've already gained from the previous playthrough. Should be able to apply that for consoles as well.

Hmm maybe I am blind but what's the point? Where's the fun? :p
Unless it also means they add an extra difficulty mode since it seems even Death March is too easy after you get to like level 10-15... Basically second half of the game is too easy no matter the difficulty so far...

Hmm maybe I am blind but what's the point? Where's the fun? :p
Unless it also means they add an extra difficulty mode since it seems even Death March is too easy after you get to like level 10-15... Basically second half of the game is too easy no matter the difficulty so far...
Yea that's the problem, the game is too easy after at some point, so unless they add another difficulty there is no point adding NewGame+ , we can play at easiest for just story.

After lvl 10 the game gets easy on death march but after lvl 20 ur basically unstoppable even if you don't put any points into the op sign tree or go full alchemy or something more useless i can't think of right now.

If you never use quen it just takes a bit longer to kill enemies but you can get 1 shot-ed by enemies especially if they're 10+lvls above you but thats so rare to find unless it's a high lvl monster i don't think new game+ would be that great... maybe they should nerf the sign tree but then again you can just not use it idunno what they could do.

I would just like an option to start the game at level 8 or something so that you feel more like a seasoned character that has alread been through a lot. This would make you feel like a bad-ass in the first area, but as things progress it would level out and get more challenging.

To me, a NG+ isn't as important as general difficulty improvements. Especially a better difficulty curve on harder difficulty levels.
I want the game actually require me to use all the tools available I have available to win a fight (signs, bombs, oils, potions, decoctions, mutagens, skills, runes, and glyphs.) But right now, it doesn't. I get a bunch of those that synergize together and I kick ass. The only thing that poses a challenge are bosses.

The only appeal to me about NG+ is starting the game with all skill slots unlocked, so I can actually swap skills to adapt to the situation.

So yeah, difficulty improvements > NG+ for me.

---------- Updated at 03:24 PM ----------

This would make you feel like a bad-ass in the first area, but as things progress it would level out and get more challenging.
I think they had that idea in mind. But it's supposed to happen when you leave White Orchard, not when you arrive there. It's possible to have 12 skill points when you leave White Orchard if you do all the side-quests and get all the places of power.

Last edited:

Tuco

Forum veteran
Yay for NG+!

And haters gonna hate, as always :p
I wish I could be so excited because new excuses to replay a good game are always welcomed.
Too bad it's hard to label a NG+ mode as such. It's not just that I find them uninteresting in general; most of the times they are even actual garbage that makes a game actively worse to play.

I always had faith that CDPR would add this feature into the EE. Character progression is really built for NG+ and it's probably the one feature that will add the most possible replayability to this awesome game.

I want it for 2 basic reasons - to collect all the gwent cards and do another playthrough without feeling the drive to hunt witcher gear. I'm just ocd enough I guess

Hmmm this could be a bad thing honestly,if NG+ actually feels better Difficulty wise then regular NG.I would rather have them put efforts into balancing regular NG,enemies lvls aside,the economy,crafting,and items in the world need a re-balance

If they do NG+ are they planning to increase the enemies levels? If not you'll start in White Orchard as at bare minimum level 30 fighting level 1 stuff... There will be no effort needed and nothing good to gain.

I would love New Game+. It would make it hell of a lot easier to role play, since I wouldn't have to worry about missing out on XP, gold, or items from contracts and missions that I might want to turn down.

Top Bottom