Obvious Downgrade

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is still going on?

Maybe because someone decided to bump it up after nine hours of silence, in order to complain that it's still going on?

I know that reupload is different than a remake... But if you don't understand that the reupload is supposed to be on youtube as well I don't know what to say ^^And it isn't so it bring some questions.

The purpose of re-uploading was to allow people to see it without any compression. Which means not youtube.

Last edited:
I think both sides are jumping too far in their respective corners. The game is obviously having development issues. Lets not forget CDProjektRED has never released on 3 platforms (2 of which are new to the entire industry) simultaneously. They've also never made an open-world game in the scope that they are attempting with this. Add this to the fact they are trying to remain true to their legacy of pushing visuals to there current limits and you have an extremely ambitious project. This doesn't change the fact that a trailer which by all standards was of lower quality than what had previously been shown. It was even graphically inferior than the extended gameplay segment which was shown.

Look at recent AAA titles that have come out when they shouldn't have: Halo:MCC, Assassin's Creed Unity, Driveclub, ... The studio isn't doing itself a financial service by delaying the game. Holding the game up because they know they have an incomplete product is an attempt to maintain a level of artistic integrity and give them a second shot to try and realize what they initially set out to do. I personally have lowered my expectations for this game, I've been a long-time fan since I first finished W2 and was blown away by an RPG experience that I've yet to have again in modern RPGs, if CDProjekt can deliver that again I'll be satisfied. I'll always wish it could have been what was originally shown but we all know how reality compares to ideas. Chances are the game will have an amazing story and some very memorable zones.

Chances are the game will have an amazing story and some very memorable zones.

And that's exactly what it's supposed to be.. not the best ever in graphics, in combat or in scale.. I want a f***in great story, great art, the care for details, careful choices. And it will deliver. Pixel and square km of map counting rarely lead to satisfaction

Look at recent AAA titles that have come out when they shouldn't have: Halo:MCC, Assassin's Creed Unity, Driveclub, ...

Did you guys see the transcript of a show yesterday that Marcin Iwinski was interviewed on?

Iwinski said:
About the delay, the game is practically finished but the real potential won't be achieved on February, that's why it was delayed. Make a great game remain the main goal. 200 intern and extern people testing it right now.

Thats at least the second, maybe the third, statement from them insisting the games on course and on quality just has bugs they want to annihilate before release. Now I know a lot of gamers are disenchanted with gaming Industry behaviour, and are right to reserve some scepticism in general, but I for one simply cannot equate the studios making the games you mentioned with the REDs.

As far as I'm concerned the evidence of significant behavioural, structural, aspirational, and as a consequence decision making factors, between those mainline studios & the RED's is self evident. Weighing up for myself whether I should believe the REDs statements based on past events I find I can definitely trust that they are not messing with us. Its not difficult, and bottom line is haven't they earned a little trust & patience? Certainly I have infinitely more reason to trust in them than entertain some of the wilder assumptions going around from our ill-informed consumer end of the thing.

I hope cdpr give us some info before xmas

I dunno, I've a feeling most of us are on Santa's Naughty list and don't deserve anything. After all if you don't believe in Santa he's not going to bother delivering to you, maybe if we had a little more belief in the REDs something would come down the pipe after all.

Did you guys see the transcript of a show yesterday that Marcin Iwinski was interviewed on?

Thats at least the second, maybe the third, statement from them insisting the games on course and on quality just has bugs they want to annihilate before release. Now I know a lot of gamers are disenchanted with gaming Industry behaviour, and are right to reserve some scepticism in general, but I for one simply cannot equate the studios making the games you mentioned with the REDs.

As far as I'm concerned the evidence of significant behavioural, structural, aspirational, and as a consequence decision making factors, between those mainline studios & the RED's is self evident. Weighing up for myself whether I should believe the REDs statements based on past events I find I can definitely trust that they are not messing with us. Its not difficult, and bottom line is haven't they earned a little trust & patience? Certainly I have infinitely more reason to trust in them than entertain some of the wilder assumptions going around from our ill-informed consumer end of the thing.

I dunno, I've a feeling most of us are on Santa's Naughty list and don't deserve anything. After all if you don't believe in Santa he's not going to bother delivering to you, maybe if we had a little more belief in the REDs something would come down the pipe after all.

I read the interview and it breeds hope in the optimistic, myself included. There have been doubts about graphics since the 35 min demo and they won't go away till new footage proves that demo and recent trailer obsolete. How long we'll have to wait to see new up-to-date pics and vids is up to the devs but based on the backlash, this thread inclusive...we might be waiting a while. :S.

The purpose of re-uploading was to allow people to see it without any compression. Which means not youtube.

That flies in face of what was said in this very thread by Chris Priestly.

After seeing concerns from fans that the game has been downgraded (which it ABSOLUTELY HAS NOT), the team recompressed the video and it is now being uploaded to YouTube and other channels. You should be seeing the new video shortly. Hopefully, it will alleviate your worries about any false graphical downgrade rumors.

Now you know.

I don't get why people are surprised all of a sudden, the major downgrade happened between the VGX trailer and E3 demo (and the trailer that came out before)

In case any one missed this months ago. A few combat animations.

Some GIFs from PL gameplay.

..............................................................................................................................

...............................................................................................................................

.............................................................................................................................
Less interesting.

Maybe because someone decided to bump it up after nine hours of silence, in order to complain that it's still going on?

No, it shouldn't be locked. Allow us people with concerns to voice them in the hopes of being heard. If you don't agree, fair enough, but that doesn't mean others should be shut out.

CDPR; please, please, please, please, PLEASE. I may not be considered a "fan" of you or The Witcher because I don't post daily on the forums, read the books etc, but I absolutely love the games and I am *really* looking forward to The Witcher 3. I really, REALLY hope you alleviate the concerns myself and others have by taking the time to provide a little "evidence" to support your claims and to reassurance us the quality hasn't taken a dive.

I'm sorry, but saying "There's been no downgrade" in light of recent affairs is just not good enough, especially in this day and age with the industry being as deceitful as it is.

I was just surprised that the thread has been civil and stayed in topic so it has not been locked, that's all. And I didn't check when was the last post made before I posted mine.

They just need to polish the animations (They look very choppy atm) and get rid of the arcadey red/white weapon glow effects (same thing happened in AC Unity and it sucks).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom