Patch 1.07 coming soon to all platforms!

+
Wow. Yea, you're right, there is no way they can change anything about the PC version of the patch once the console versions go for cert. You got it all figured out.

Why not let's wait when the PC patch version released is 1.07 or 1.08 first before making assumptions that they are still "working" hard for PC patch?
Oh ya.. and they working hard for us PC gamers for a new patch "over the weekends" too. Now you buy that?

Last edited:
Didn't they also say that the rendering method used in the VGX trailer would kill any PC trying to run it? Was the downgrade because of this method or was it downgraded to closely match what the consoles could run? Just asking a question.

No - they found that after making the whole open world that the rendering method required to much dynamic lightning to look good in both day and night time which isn't really that good to have in a complete openworld. The alternate - and now used - rendering method did not require dynamic lightning to look good in both day and night time.

What could kill a PC was the smoke and fire used in the trailer, since it would require users to have DX12 to even be able to run.

I see everyone skirts around the real issue here, which is what the hell is the need for a 24h release window? Seems utterly absurd. This isn't usual.

If they were still working on PC, they would have sent that. So the conclusion is they are simply letting it sit there for no good reason.

Again, my problem isn't the patch itself-- rather it is arbitrary decision making, which seems purposed only to exert power.

I personally don't think they are going to release the PC patch this Weekend - why - it's just what I have come to expect - I.E all us PC users are being lied to again.

I'll believe it when I see it and personally CDPR has blown their credibility in my books.

And so the war between defenders of the "light" and "dark" goes on, and it will never stop for sure.
We must concentrate on the facts and check our words carefully I think, before anger from any side consume this thread.

- Ok the game is really beautiful (and great for me), but downgrades from firsts trailers were done and are real - Fact
- Patch 1.07 is released first on consoles, PC versions will follow later. Do we have differences/options that justify this delay? We'll see with the patch. - Fact to be proved.
- Do CDPR underestimate the PC players ? There's a lot to say and it is a burning subject. They had to made Concessions because of the console's versions and to make the game playable on a maximum of configurations. They wanted to reach a maximum of gamers, because the game is really big and they needed to make profit. This is a natural process if you want to go on. I don't think they underestimate us here, just that Concessions are done. This is not fact but supposition.

Ok last words : I want the PC patch as soon as possible, as a lot of people here. I've to admit that I'm jealous that some console's players had it already. But I don't want to be burn by this jealousy and don't want to say things out of anger. I'll wait and read this thread, hit F5 every 5 mn, until the holy grail comes out, and watch some calm to come back until the next wave of anger for the future patch. Fact?

Last edited:
I see everyone skirts around the real issue here, which is what the hell is the need for a 24h release window? Seems utterly absurd. This isn't usual.

If they were still working on PC, they would have sent that. So the conclusion is they are simply letting it sit there for no good reason.

Again, my problem isn't the patch itself-- rather it is arbitrary decision making, which seems purposed only to exert power.

I still dont have it (PS4-Norway). But you dont see me go:

Attachments

• cry-baby-blog.jpg
    cry-baby-blog.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 38
Er.... Hasn't it been more than 24hrs now? The announcement tweet was made at 10am yesterday:
(unfortunately I cannot provide a link or image of the tweet due to the forums limitations)

Something smells funky and it's not Geralts socks...

Attachments

• witcher3.JPG
    witcher3.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 42
Patch 1.07 for The Witcher 3 - release time?

Does anyone know when the next patch for The Witcher 3 will be out on PS4 UK? People keep saying its out already but its not appearing on my PS4.

No - they found that after making the whole open world that the rendering method required to much dynamic lightning to look good in both day and night time which isn't really that good to have in a complete openworld. The alternate - and now used - rendering method did not require dynamic lightning to look good in both day and night time.

What could kill a PC was the smoke and fire used in the trailer, since it would require users to have DX12 to even be able to run.

Please stop with the bullshit.
There are beastly machines out there that could run the graphics easily.

Hello everyone, I have some naive questions: why are you guys are so eager to have this patch? Do you have some huge bugs that prevent you from playing the game? After reading the patch notes, it has nothing revolutionary worth waiting, storage? Why on earth would you need storage in this game when you're constantly changing gear or just sticking to your witcher set and get rid of everything else? Alternative movement? Sorry but after 100+ hours of gameplay I'm just used to the current movement style and don't want to change it. Better inventory management is a good thing but it's not like the actual inventory is completely unusable. Also don't forget the "unwanted" changes or even new bugs a new patch could bring to the game, just sayin'...

Hello everyone, I have some naive questions: why are you guys are so eager to have this patch? Do you have some huge bugs that prevent you from playing the game? After reading the patch notes, it has nothing revolutionary worth waiting, storage? Why on earth would you need storage in this game when you're constantly changing gear or just sticking to your witcher set and get rid of everything else? Alternative movement? Sorry but after 100+ hours of gameplay I'm just used to the current movement style and don't want to change it. Better inventory management is a good thing but it's not like the actual inventory is completely unusable. Also don't forget the "unwanted" changes or even new bugs a new patch could bring to the game, just sayin'...

:eredinfacepalm:

Top Bottom