So, we got Horse Races. What other activities do you think can we expect?

+
I'd love it if they had actual tournaments, I'm not talking about your usual "tournaments" disguised as a gears of war "horde" rip off but actual tournament where you climb up a ladder vs other npc's in the game complete in an arena with a crowd and actually have to go up in rank and doing so grants rewards/story elements.

Also would be great if they had Jousting, I don't even recall of a game outside mount and blade recently that even had mounted combat with lances.

Then there could be an "underground" style fight club where you don't fight with anything but your bare fists and wrestling which would work similar to the tournament/arena but a bit differently.

I also would love to see fishing in the game and even perhaps treasure hunting.

Im reading the books right now and I love the atmosphere (games did a great job too). I hope you can came into random inn/bar and just buy some beer and food, sit there and relax, listen to people talking different stories etc.. This is what I loved doing in Skyrim - just comming into inn in the closest village, after an epic fight/quest, and just resting in the awesome atmosphere and finally going to bed, then waking up next morning and continuing my adventure etc.

Last edited:
I agree with DeadlyShadow. I'd also love to see variation in the bars/brothels/inns, sit down, get drunk, play ye olde time versions of blackjack, poker etc, talk to strangers, look at the NPC's dancing, join others at their table, which could lead to friendly conversation that could open up another path in your quest, or join the wrong crowd and be challenged to a fight.

In the Witcher 2 I always wanted to just sit in the Inn in Flotsam, order Geralt a drink and soak it in.

I will say one thing though. The ambient dialogue in TW2 was horrible as the same 1 or 2 lines would loop over and over and over and over again.

EDIT: I just want to clarify, when I say "look at the NPC's dance", I don't mean a medieval strip club, I was talking about the patrons have a little jig with people playing the fiddle, lute etc!

Last edited:
@DeadlyShadow47 & @datirishguyYes.. this stuff is a must, I want to see more model variety in terms of the female models and their voice acting in the Brothels & Inns in general. So far that one female npc model with the same black fur on over her shoulders and dark hair with a yellow skirt is everywhere.
That kinda kills it for me, if see her all over more than once really sucks my ass!! lol... I mean if she is an asset, Can't Devs just take that fur coat off of her and have her be topless in one Brothel or Inn? And the next Brothel or Inn put her in a thong or change her hairstyle and color at least. Or have the asset of her be bottomless or fully nude in the next with different jewelry and voice acting dialogue lines etc.. etc.. Maybe what we have seen in the WIP, was just for the demos and cdpr will just tweek these little details last before the game comes out. Oh and sex cards would be nice again like TW1 but in a tasteful way;)

Activities like celibacy,praying,going on a pilgrimage,giving charities to the poor,being a chairman of the new founded party for coexistence between humans and non humans,and creating theocratic state that would consist of city of Rivia where Geralt would be the one and only deity...the usual Witcher stuff.

How about Horse pulling? Like tractor pulling. Well it beats PLOUGHING doesn't it? Hardy har har! :rofl: Yes, I'm joking.

Here's something you can plough in Witcher 3:

Geralt jousting? Please. He doesn't know the first thing about that sort of fighting. I don't care if he's a witcher. You can't just pick that stuff up on the fly. Those guys trained most of their lives for that stuff, and would smear him across the tourney grounds.

There is fighting and there is horse racing. Since those are in, there shouldnt be a problem of him being in a tournament...

Well, he was in a tournament in TW2, so there's no obvious reason why he shouldn't do it again. But probably not as a jouster.

Well, he was in a tournament in TW2, so there's no obvious reason why he shouldn't do it again. But probably not as a jouster.

I really liked that moment. Was awesome kicking everybody's ass like that. And then you can have a drink and some quality time if you fancy it.

Geralt jousting? Please. He doesn't know the first thing about that sort of fighting. I don't care if he's a witcher. You can't just pick that stuff up on the fly. Those guys trained most of their lives for that stuff, and would smear him across the tourney grounds.

Case in point, The Mountain That Rides vs The Knight of The Flowers.

:p

Maybe a tournament similar to that of Witcher 2 at Henselt's camp but with more exceptional opponents. For example they have different traits, abilities and the last one is a boss fight

• Constructing a Poem to put Dandelion to shame (again ;))
  • Delivering an anonymous anti-noble polemic tract to every house in Novigrad, on horseback ala Paperboy.
  • Aiding Kalkstein to finally achieve a stable Orbit, with a mixture of saltpetre, sulphur & black stuff at the base of his Tower if necessary
  • Then Baron Münchhausen to the Moon for something to talk about
  • Oystering (for sophisticated seduction)
  • Whaling (For the Ambergris, yep for the girls again)
  • Shipbuilding (bloody whales)
  • Playing the Lute for the Kaer Morhen Wolves boy band on Visimas Got Talent
  • Seduction minigame

Top Bottom