(Spoilers) Characters from the Books - Who are they

+
wasn't there a part in the books where Yen was totured by the Lodge

like Philippa or some other Sorceresses tore out her vagina parts
Errr... nope. :whatthe:

About that torture part maybe you are referring to
Vilgefortz

Francesca compressed her and then led her to the Lodge. They ate some seafood there and kinda talked around but then Yennefer just escaped. Vilgefortz wrecked Yennefer's fingers though.

@Synvael

Great idea, fixed it.

Last edited:
I read somwhere like someone tore out her matrix

I dunno I haven't really read the books

I will add few correction if you don't mind ;) ..

Yennefer
I think Yen wasn't sent to magic school - she lived in bad family and she tried to commit suicide and she was found (don't know how, maybe her parents called sorceress to rescue her) by Tissaia, she picked her and took her to school

Or as Dandellion described it, Geralt apologizing, and Yennefer forgiving him. ... I think Dantelion talked about apologize in both cases (Geralt and Yen).

One more thin - but I am not sure about this one ... I think Geralt didn't believe in guilt or betrayal of Yennefer. He just wasn't sure what happened (but I am really not sure about this point).

but this is nice article, I am lookinf forward to next part about Ciri

Last edited:
@sfinx121

I'll check these out and come back at you.

Ciri might take a while, like a week or so from now, since I'm going to have a busy weekend. Thank you for the kind words. :)

Great post, buddy :)

(SPOILERS):

I JUST finished the Witcher books. I wanted to say that I didn't understand the end. How did Ciri save Yennefer and Geralt?? How did they return from Avallach land to their world in the games?? What happened exactly??

Can anybody explain to me?

P.S: If anyone hasn't read the books, read them. They're fucking awesome.

@slicedice808

So the events in the book are vaguely described but here is what I think happened.

Geralt was stabbed in the chest by a pitchfork and was bleeding to death. Yennefer tried to save him using magic, but she only managed to keep him alive, until she passed out from exhaustion. At that point, Ihuarraquax the Unicorn arrived, and he saved Geralt from dying. After that he left and nodded to Ciri to come with him. Ciri put Geralt and Yennefer in a boat and followed Ihuarraquax to his world. Probably the both of them needed more help to completely heal, this is why they had to go. Or maybe pay their debt back to the Unicorns. Either way they ended up in the Isle of Avallac'h according to the game, and then the game takes over.

According to TW2, Yennefer and Geralt were attacked in the Isle of Avallac'h byt the soldiers of the Wild Hunt, and Yennefer was abducted.

Geralt somehow managed to return back to his world, and started to look for Yennefer, by chasing the Wild Hunt. Along the Path he met Letho, who helped him Locate the Wild Hunt. The witchers managed to find the Wild Hunt, and after a fight, Geralt managed to strike a deal with Eredin. His soul for that of Yennefer's. The King of the Wild Hunt agreed. So Geralt became a Rider of the Hunt and Yennefer was put under Letho's protection. At some point later in time Geralt managed to escape the Wild Hunt and arrived in Kaer Mohren. For all we know the Wild Hunt could just have released him. (But this is another story, one full of speculation).

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. People here are always answering questions.

Last edited:
I'm curious to know what happened between Geralt and The Wild Hunt, and how he "escaped", after all we see him running at the beginnin of The Witcher...

Geralt was stabbed in the chest by a pitchfork and was bleeding to death. Yennefer tried to save him using magic, but she only managed to keep him alive, until she passed out from exhaustion.
About that point....
I think that when Yen tried to revive him, he was already dead, Yen only managed to drain her forces because her spell was completely useless. They arrived too late.

No, Synvael, there's nothing in the books where is said that
any of them were dead. Sapkowski plays here with those last few minutes when people seems dead (no breath, no heart beats...,) but their brain still alives. These people are not absolutly dead and miraculously for some ones return to life. Sapkowski has made of Ihuarraquax the Unicorn a middle aged defibrillator

Last edited:
@Synvael

Geralt lay senseless, white as chalk. He lay motionless, but when they reached him, he began to cough, and to spit blood. He began to shake and to tremble so violently that Ciri could not hold him. Yennefer knelt beside him. Triss saw her hands shaking. Suddenly she felt very weak and her vision blurred. Someone grabbed her, preventing her from falling on the ground. She recognised Dandelion.
'It won't work,' said Ciri's voice, radiating despair. 'Your magic cannot cure him, Yennefer.'
'We arrived...' Yennefer could barely move her lips. 'We're too late.'
'Your magic won't work, 'Ciri repeated as if she had not heard. 'Is this what it is worth, all of your magic?'
You're right, Ciri, Triss thought, feeling something catch in her throat. We can produce hail, but we cannot ward off death. Although apparently the latter is easier.
'We sent for physician,' said a dwarf standing next to Dandelion, in a husky voice,. 'but he has not appeared...'
'it is too late for a doctor,' Triss said, surprising herself that her voice sounded so calm. 'He is dying.'
Geralt continued to stir, coughing blood, then becoming very tense and froze. Dandelion, still holding Triss, sighed in despair, the dwarf cursed. Yennefer moaned, her face changing suddenly, contracted and ugly.
'There is nothing more pathetic,' said Ciri sternly, 'than a sorceress in tears. You taught me that. But now you're pathetic Yennefer. You and your magic, which is useless.'
Yennefer did not reply. She could barely hold Geralt's head in both of her hands, while repeating a spell. In her hands, the witcher's cheeks and forehead crackled with blue sparks.
Triss know how much energy was required for that spell. She also knew that the spell would not help. She was even more confident that the spell would prove powerless for someone who was sterile. It was too late. The spell only exhausted Yennefer. Triss was surprised that the black-haired sorceress was able to withstand for so long.
Then she ceased to be surprised because Yennefer stopped in the middle of the magic formula and fell on the pavement next to the witcher.

I for one would love to know what that spell did exactly. Did she just try to keep him alive, or did she do something else. Like some weird sacrifice. Her for him. Ah. Can't tell. :p

@wichat @StaGiors that makes sense, didn't reflect about the "time" point. I was trying to say
For me Yen didn't die at all, she was only unconscious but I was talking about Geralt, he had been dead for some minutes, and not completely

'it is too late for a doctor,' Triss said, surprising herself that her voice sounded so calm. 'He is dying.'
Geralt continued to stir, coughing blood, then becoming very tense and froze.

He died, Yennefer cried and she attempted to revive him. But her spell was useless as Ciri said, and as Triss said too "We can't ward off death"
Then when Ciri touched Ihuarraquax, who returned the favour from Korath desert when she gave to him that "sparkle of life" that saved his life, she drove that magic into Geralt, and so you are right, but he died, as I said, even if not "completely"

Oh but of course, silly me. Still I can spot some differences. You quoted it exactly as it was or you put some spice into it? :p

Just curious, if there is another version I want to read it!

Oh but of course, silly me. Still I can spot some differences. You quoted it exactly as it was or you put some spice into it? :p

Just curious, if there is another version I want to read it!
Exactly as you wrote it. :p It seems it has some spice maybe because I quoted a line for two times
But I read that passage in spanish too, and there's a detail like when Dandelion takes Yennefer on his arms she was still unconscious

I want to read that book in italian, I feel like I've missed some things, too bad we have to wait 1 year and half to do it. So I can't thank enough the guys who made fan translations :yes

Check this out. :p

This is the version from the Community Fan Translations in English.

'We sent for physician,' said a dwarf standing next to Dandelion, in a husky voice,. 'but he has not appeared...'
Geralt continued to stir, coughing blood, then becoming very tense and froze. Dandelion, still holding Triss, sighed in despair, the dwarf cursed. Yennefer moaned, her face changing suddenly, contracted and ugly.
'There is nothing more pathetic,' said Ciri sternly, 'than a sorceress in tears. You taught me that. But now you're pathetic Yennefer. You and your magic, which is useless.'
Yennefer did not reply. She could barely hold Geralt's head in both of her hands, while repeating a spell. In her hands, the witcher's cheeks and forehead crackled with blue sparks.
Triss know how much energy was required for that spell. She also knew that the spell would not help. She was even more confident that the spell would prove powerless for someone who was sterile. It was too late. The spell only exhausted Yennefer. Triss was surprised that the black-haired sorceress was able to withstand for so long.
Then she ceased to be surprised because Yennefer stopped in the middle of the magic formula and fell on the pavement next to the witcher.
One of the dwarves swore again, the other bowed his head in silence. triss Merigold still being propped up sniffed loudly.
Suddenly it got very cold. The surface of the lake boiled like a witch's cauldron and was enveloped in mist. The fog grew rapidly, it swirled over the water and stood on the waves., covering them in a think white milk, that stifled and sounds and made shapes and figures vanish.
'I,' Ciri said slowly, still kneeling on the bloody ground, 'I once gave up my power. If I didn't, I could save him now. I could cure him. I know it. But it is too late, I can't do anything. It is like I killed him myself.'
The silence was broken by Kelpie's whinny. Then by Dandelion's muffled gasp.
They were all stunned.
A white unicorn appeared out of the mist, running light, agile and silent, lifting his beautiful head. This was not just anything unusual, they all knew the legend, and the passagpassage
about the fact that unicorns run lights, agile and silently. What was strange was that the unicorn was running on the surface of the lake, and did not even wrinkle the water.
Dandelion gasped, this time in awe. Triss felt overwhelmed by her emotions. Euphoria.The unicorn's hooves rang on the stones of the waterfront. He shook his mane and horn and melodically neighed.
'Ihuarraquax,' Ciri spoke to him. 'I was hoping you'd come.'
The unicorn came closer, neighing again and digging his hooves into the hard cobblestones. He lowered his head, the horn which sprang from his head suddenly blazed with light, with a sheen that dispelled the fog.
Ciri touched the horn.
Triss gasped loudly when she saw the girl's eyes filled with white heat and her head enveloped in a halo. Ciri did not hear her, did not hear anyone. With one hand she touched the unicorn's horn, with the other she touched the witcher. From her fingers drifted a ribbon of flickering light.
No one could say how long it lasted. It was unreal.
Like a dream.

Check this out. :p

This is the version from the Community Fan Translations in English.

One of the dwarves swore again, the other bowed his head in silence. triss Merigold still being propped up sniffed loudly.
Suddenly it got very cold. The surface of the lake boiled like a witch's cauldron and was enveloped in mist. The fog grew rapidly, it swirled over the water and stood on the waves., covering them in a think white milk, that stifled and sounds and made shapes and figures vanish.
'I,' Ciri said slowly, still kneeling on the bloody ground, 'I once gave up my power. If I didn't, I could save him now. I could cure him. I know it. But it is too late, I can't do anything. It is like I killed him myself.'
The silence was broken by Kelpie's whinny. Then by Dandelion's muffled gasp.
They were all stunned.
A white unicorn appeared out of the mist, running light, agile and silent, lifting his beautiful head. This was not just anything unusual, they all knew the legend, and the passagpassage
about the fact that unicorns run lights, agile and silently. What was strange was that the unicorn was running on the surface of the lake, and did not even wrinkle the water.
Dandelion gasped, this time in awe. Triss felt overwhelmed by her emotions. Euphoria.The unicorn's hooves rang on the stones of the waterfront. He shook his mane and horn and melodically neighed.
'Ihuarraquax,' Ciri spoke to him. 'I was hoping you'd come.'
The unicorn came closer, neighing again and digging his hooves into the hard cobblestones. He lowered his head, the horn which sprang from his head suddenly blazed with light, with a sheen that dispelled the fog.
Ciri touched the horn.
Triss gasped loudly when she saw the girl's eyes filled with white heat and her head enveloped in a halo. Ciri did not hear her, did not hear anyone. With one hand she touched the unicorn's horn, with the other she touched the witcher. From her fingers drifted a ribbon of flickering light.
No one could say how long it lasted. It was unreal.
Like a dream.
Reading again that passage is a little painful for me, I cried so much the first time I read it...

Anyway it's the same you quoted and we are discussing, it missed that detail about Yennefer but it's okay.

Top Bottom