[SPOILERS] Choices From The Main Game That Affect Corvo Bianco Ending

+
I am really disappointed that no matter what you do Shani won't show up at Corvo Bianco , Wouldn't some of you love if Shani and Ciri showed up in the end of your game given tyou've made right choices! This could be an option for triss and yen as well : triss + ciri , yen + ciri

My first finish of B&W was a best ending (sisters reconcile), and I hoped for a closure of their stories, some cutscene about the prosperous future of Toussaint, at least (I've given up my hopes for a proper epilogue for main game), but instead of that I've met Yen. Well, I'm hella glad to see her (and I won't see any other alternatives in further replays), but that wasn't the most interesting thing to show in the end of new story, especially as her new dialogues are not bringing anything unexpected.

There's no way to save main game's endings with these little scenes with Yen/Triss/Ciri/Dandelion, I really think that writers should have been focused on other things in B&W epilogue.

I would prefer visit/inspection from both sisters/Anna-Henriette/regents council, to check the state of their major vineyard - there was a lot of drama around Belgaard, but no one gives a damn about Corvo Bianco.

-----

Almost forgot,

"papa Emhyr" - CDPR, what have you done to my sides :D

Just finished a playthrough and this time got Ciri at Corvo Bianco. much better, To everyone out there I recommend making a save before Now or Never during the main storyline (even though there is still a chunk of the story left but you don't have to go through Velen again) if you want so see the other Corvo Bianco endings.

My first finish of B&W was a best ending (sisters reconcile), and I hoped for a closure of their stories, some cutscene about the prosperous future of Toussaint, at least (I've given up my hopes for a proper epilogue for main game), but instead of that I've met Yen. Well, I'm hella glad to see her (and I won't see any other alternatives in further replays), but that wasn't the most interesting thing to show in the end of new story, especially as her new dialogues are not bringing anything unexpected.

There's no way to save main game's endings with these little scenes with Yen/Triss/Ciri/Dandelion, I really think that writers should have been focused on other things in B&W epilogue.

I would prefer visit/inspection from both sisters/Anna-Henriette/regents council, to check the state of their major vineyard - there was a lot of drama around Belgaard, but no one gives a damn about Corvo Bianco.

-----

Almost forgot,

"papa Emhyr" - CDPR, what have you done to my sides :D
D-Don't touch my Corvo Bianco! Anyway it was a pleasant surprise to see Yen there, wasn't disappointed about Ciri not being there because she is an empress in my ending... and finding that unicorn in the bedroom scared me to death. :p I think however it added a nice touch to the whole main game endings issue.

I got the bad ending, choosing to see the Unseen Elder, and I liked the whole dark vibe behind it, so when both died I was kinda shocked but the ending did satisfy me in a sense, won't complain about Syanna full developmente just because I chose that path. So I'm trying the others now and will fully write my opinion after.

About Ciri cutscene anyway... I understand she now has fully decided to be the heir to the throne (and that's why I like the empress ending, because it has to do with this but not with Emhyr's past intentions...before he changed his mind) but---

papà Emhyr

Last edited:
I was hoping for a Mass Effect 3 Citadel kindish dlc where you get to meet your entire squad from the past 3 games (the ones who are alive anyways) and party with them. Considering Geralt too has a home of his now.

Perhaps they'll add this in a future patch with a surprise GOTY edition? One can only wish. :)

they have to put Yen+ Ciri or Triss + Ciri if Ciri lives and she becomes witcher, so just Yen or Triss is not enough to me :)

I'll echo what pretty much everyone else has said in this thread.

While I appreciate that CDPR made an effort to address some of the concerns that we had at the end of Wild Hunt - i.e. all npcs just disappearing from the world - I feel like the measures they took were half-hearted and could use a bit of spit and polish to make the epilogue match the rest of the expansion in terms of quality.

Not only are the presence of Ciri, Triss, Yennefer, and Dandelion predicated on some pretty bizarre choices - 99% of us probably romanced someone, which means that almost no one got to see Ciri at Corvo Bianco - the quest "Be It Ever So Humble" is actually quite bugged. Whenever I go to visit Triss and she is sitting on her divan, the textures and placement are broken and she appears to be floating in mid air. Add to that the fact that, most of the time she is incapable of going to sleep in her bed. Instead she usually stands on top of it and stares vacantly at the wall like a Stepford Wife (see pic below).

View attachment 56291

Throughout the game and in the days leading up to the launch, there was a lot of fuss made about being able to invite your friends to Corvo Bianco, and while I appreciate seeing Triss again, I was expecting that others would show up as well like Zoltan, Dandelion, Ciri, or maybe even Eskel and Lambert. What happened to the last big hurrah?

If the devs are unwilling or unable to make the above mentioned additions, they could at least add some complexity and variation to the npc's routine that does visit Geralt at Corvo Bianco. Instead of just reclining on a divan or sleeping in the master bedroom, maybe add some irregularity to their schedules. Have Triss/Yennefer/Ciri wander town occasionally or visit Roach in his stall. As it stands, the quest feels a little rushed.

Attachments

• screenshot 1.jpg
    screenshot 1.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 899
Last edited:
the quest "Be It Ever So Humble" is actually quite bugged. Whenever I go to visit Triss and she is sitting on her divan, the textures and placement are broken and she appears to be floating in mid air. Add to that the fact that, most of the time she is incapable of going to sleep in her bed. Instead she usually stands on top of it and stares vacantly at the wall like a Stepford Wife

Happened to me with Yennefer too, a couple times. But it usually works (i.e. she sleeps and raises her head when you go near the stash)
The irony is that I have Geralt's "naked on the horse" painting hanging right there in front of her, so you can actually see Yen on top of the bed staring intently at Geralt's thighs :laughing:

I also have random stuff such a candle floating mid-air in the house with no table below it, as well as a glitch on Yen's dress. Seems like the ending has been rushed quite a bit, which makes me think it was an afterthought that got patched into B&W after people criticized the nonexistant endgame. B&W has been in development for at least a year, judging by the cinematic trailer showing some of the expansion's assets in May 2015.

(This is not stritcly related to Corvo Bianco, but having catched the good ending, I hoped to see Syanna again and maybe also talk with Anna about it, but sadly Syanna seems nowhere to be found and the duchess has no new line of dialogue. Incredibly enough, they went as far as creating an extra scene with Guillaume and Vivienne at the palace after their quest is over, but nothing regarding the two sisters...)

Happened to me with Yennefer too, a couple times. But it usually works (i.e. she sleeps and raises her head when you go near the stash)
The irony is that I have Geralt's "naked on the horse" painting hanging right there in front of her, so you can actually see Yen on top of the bed staring intently at Geralt's thighs :laughing:

I also have random stuff such a candle floating mid-air in the house with no table below it, as well as a glitch on Yen's dress. Seems like the ending has been rushed quite a bit, which makes me think it was an afterthought that got patched into B&W after people criticized the nonexistant endgame. B&W has been in development for at least a year, judging by the cinematic trailer showing some of the expansion's assets in May 2015.

(This is not stritcly related to Corvo Bianco, but having catched the good ending, I hoped to see Syanna again and maybe also talk with Anna about it, but sadly Syanna seems nowhere to be found and the duchess has no new line of dialogue. Incredibly enough, they went as far as creating an extra scene with Guillaume and Vivienne at the palace after their quest is over, but nothing regarding the two sisters...)

I agree wholeheartedly with everything that was said in this post. I have created a separate thread with the goal of bringing attention to some of the bugs and deficiencies in the epilogue: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...So-Humble-Epilogue-quot?p=2585161#post2585161

I also noticed that there is a log error after you complete Pomp and Strange Circumstance. If you saved both sisters, the "quest completed" entry gives conflicting accounts. It talks about how they reconciled and Dandelion approves of Geralt bringing the sisters' quarrels to light, but then it also says that they both perished, which obviously is contradictory.

I can understand why its either Yen, Triss, or neither will show up, but why the heck Ciri(if its alive) cant show up as well? Makes no sence to me... it its because there is only 1 guest room? Triss and Yen does not even need it because they can use Geralt room. We could easily have Triss/Yen + Ciri at the same time, that whould be perfect actually.
Also Dandelion could show up as a quick visit as well if Ciri is also already there, in the ending that he had come to save your butt.

About the dialogs, this is hard, i liked Triss dialogs much more, but its really sad they cant stay there because Triss need to go back to Kovir, thats actually on the other side of the world! Oh well, i guess Triss could make a portal to Kovir so they can both come and go, when they wish.

Yen seems to be better for Geralt as a "happy ending", because they can actually live there.

Anyway, it whould have been MUCH better if Geralt friends started to show up one by one at different times as a final farewell.... grr a wasted oportunity because they rushed it.

About the dialogs, this is hard, i liked Triss dialogs much more, but its really sad they cant stay there because Triss need to go back to Kovir, thats actually on the other side of the world! Oh well, i guess Triss could make a portal to Kovir so they can both come and go, when they wish.

Well, you do not know what Triss' house in Pont Vanis is like, it is never shown in game, so it is not necessarily worse than Corvo Bianco. :)

I can understand why its either Yen, Triss, or neither will show up, but why the heck Ciri(if its alive) cant show up as well? Makes no sence to me... it its because there is only 1 guest room? Triss and Yen does not even need it because they can use Geralt room. We could easily have Triss/Yen + Ciri at the same time, that whould be perfect actually.

It was easier to implement the epilogue with only one guest, since they do not have to interact with each other, nor recognize choices related to the others. And Ciri already got her epilogue in the main game, the expansion focuses on Geralt's ending. Of course, what is in Blood and Wine is not quite perfect, but it is unlikely to be changed now.

To me it looks like they cut corners anywhere they could on BaW, and its not exactly something you should if you want fans to be sastified as a saga finale. Lets take ME 3 Citadel as a example, that was pérfect.

At this point im kinda hopping for a extended version of BaW to be released in the future, there are several things to address:
-Ending slides are definatelly needed in BaW.
-Geralt needs to explain how on earth he managed to kill a higher vampire after affirming many times only another higher vampire could do it, or at least Damien need to ask him about it.
-Syanna trial is missing.
-Some of epiloge Corvo Bianco dialogs just needs to be cheked and revised, and Ciri, if alive, needs to be always there, also Dandelion needs to stop by at ending 3.
(also, Ciri and Triss/Yenn do not even seem to use the same physical spots, to me it looks like it was actually planned to be both, them they cut it out).

Well, you do not know what Triss' house in Pont Vanis is like, it is never shown in game, so it is not necessarily worse than Corvo Bianco. :)

Its not about how nice Triss Home it is or not, to me it feels like Triss is in direct conflict with the possibility of Geralt settling in Corvo Bianco and running the place, they just cant, Triss said they can use it for getaways, but thats it. Thats sad.
In contrast, with Yen, they do settle down in there.

Last edited:
Sorry, didn't read all posts properly... Still a bit confused with visitors.

My first visitor with my own save game was Triss. I romanced her in that game version, so it's obvious.

Then I played stand alone BAW and got Dandelion there. So my default "main game ended with bad ending"? What happens if you romance Triss AND Yen?

Apparently Dandelion is the one who always rescues you from prison but still doesn't necessarily be your quest?

I'm going to go ahead and link this thread to one that I created earlier. It's an attempt to compile a list of all the bugs in the epilogue Be It Ever So Humble, and create a central place where we can offer suggestions on areas for improvement (this being one of them). If you all get a chance, please visit it, add your thoughts, and maybe toss me a Red point to show your support :) I might send it to one of the devs down the road if others back me up.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...So-Humble-Epilogue-quot?p=2594001#post2594001

To me it looks like they cut corners anywhere they could on BaW, and its not exactly something you should if you want fans to be sastified as a saga finale. Lets take ME 3 Citadel as a example, that was pérfect.

It might not have been the intention to provide something like the Citadel DLC, though, it is more about Geralt's personal ending. So, a single guest does make some sense, even if that still does not excuse the bugs, glitches, and other issues mentioned in @Pug.'s post that could be fixed even without any new dialogue.

(also, Ciri and Triss/Yenn do not even seem to use the same physical spots, to me it looks like it was actually planned to be both, them they cut it out).

It may be just a coincidence that Ciri and Dandelion use different physical spots, after all, it is understandable that they do not sleep on Geralt's bed. :) Whether there was more planned, only CDPR know.

Then I played stand alone BAW and got Dandelion there. So my default "main game ended with bad ending"?

It looks like that, it also defaults to Geralt being alone. Not sure about the other endings, I do not think they matter in BaW, but maybe Radovid wins and Svanrige becomes the king of Skellige (assuming the default is that all secondary quests have been skipped).

What happens if you romance Triss AND Yen?

Probably neither would appear and it would be Ciri or Dandelion instead, unless there is a bug.

Apparently Dandelion is the one who always rescues you from prison but still doesn't necessarily be your quest?

It is not related, Dandelion rescuing Geralt from the prison is part of the expansion's story line, but the choice of guest is based on the ending of the main game.

This wiki claims that Shani can show up instead of Ciri or Dandelion at the end of the game, but I haven't seen anything confirming that. Honestly, I'm guessing that's some made up bullcrap, but I figured I'd bring it up. I skimmed the thread and didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

Secondly, I've seen it discussed but didn't see anything conclusive. I finish B&W on a NG+ save before I finished the Wild Hunt quest. I never even received the quest "Be It Ever So Humble". Does that only trigger post Wild Hunt end-game?

This wiki claims that Shani can show up instead of Ciri or Dandelion at the end of the game, but I haven't seen anything confirming that. Honestly, I'm guessing that's some made up bullcrap, but I figured I'd bring it up. I skimmed the thread and didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

Secondly, I've seen it discussed but didn't see anything conclusive. I finish B&W on a NG+ save before I finished the Wild Hunt quest. I never even received the quest "Be It Ever So Humble". Does that only trigger post Wild Hunt end-game?

Yeah I think that's wrong. I saw it a couple weeks ago but hadn't heard or read anything else about it anywhere. I've never seen a dev mention it here or a video showing it anywhere ... and I looked. Until I see some evidence, I'm gonna go ahead and call shennanigans. Somebody get me a broom.

And to my knowledge yes "Be it Ever So Humble" is only a post main quest.

This wiki claims that Shani can show up instead of Ciri or Dandelion at the end of the game, but I haven't seen anything confirming that.

It does not seem to be a very reliable wiki then :), I am pretty sure that Shani has no content at all in Blood and Wine, not only did no one find any so far, but I can also confirm (using information from the game files) that she does not appear in any scenes in the second expansion and is not even mentioned anywhere.

Top Bottom