The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
It Looks like a barber is shaving Geralt's beard in one of the pictures released for the DLCs. Considering that the developers said that Geralt's beard grows naturally on its own like in real life, it would be a pain in the ass having to go to a city, find a barber, and pay every time to get a shave.
I really hope Geralt can shave his own beard, so we don't have to go to a barber every time.

It Looks like a barber is shaving Geralt's beard in one of the pictures released for the DLCs. Considering that the developers said that Geralt's beard grows naturally on its own like in real life, it would be a pain in the ass having to go to a city, find a barber, and pay every time to get a shave.
I really hope Geralt can shave his own beard, so we don't have to go to a barber every time.
I bet devs changed it then. I like the GTAV barbershop idea, but having to get a trim every time Geralt has 5 o'clock shadow would kinda suck. I think the devs know how to make this barbershop work well. I'm looking forward to trying out all the cool looking styles and options they give us and it's free!

Last edited:

I totally understand your POV, but man, I can't help but think it would be totally awesome and immersion to the max. I'm just imagining going off on some big set of monster hunts, exploring, Geralt starts freshly shaved and you roll back into Novigrad with a full beard and you realize just how crazy long you actually spent out there.

Maybe an option when you go to the barber to "lock" your Beard so you don't have to worry if you don't want it to change. Or perhaps the "real time beard growth" proved too complicated to implement and so they just decided to scrap that and the barber will work like it does in most games (WoW, GTAV etc).

Dedicated vanity/cosmetic slots for Geralt's appearance.

Having played Terraria, I think this is gonna be a nice feature. The way it works is you will have a separate slots that will serve purely as cosmetics which will take over Geralt's appearance without affecting any stats from your currently equipped armor. This way we can enjoy wearing any armor that we love for as long as we like.
Terraria reference:
View attachment 7306

View attachment 7307

Attachments

• 2014-11-07_00002.jpg
    2014-11-07_00002.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 2014-11-07_00001.jpg
    2014-11-07_00001.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 37
I totally understand your POV, but man, I can't help but think it would be totally awesome and immersion to the max. I'm just imagining going off on some big set of monster hunts, exploring, Geralt starts freshly shaved and you roll back into Novigrad with a full beard and you realize just how crazy long you actually spent out there.

THIS.

It' amazing :D
It makes meditating and traveling the country even more awesome.
Imagine, every time you come from the other side of the map/country you feel like you were on a long, long journey.
I know there is fast travel but I think I will travel the hell out of this world. Seriously, idk if I will EVERY use fast travel unless I want to do something really bad and have no time.

Last edited:
It would be nice if TW3 had a radiant AI system of its own to facilitate more dynamic encounters such as the Wild Hunt, bandits, or others appearing and different places at different times of the day depending on what is happening in the region. One issue with many open world games is the lack of random encounters while exploring the environment. BGS has always been a pro at this when it came to Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Skyrim. Since CDPR is borrowing heavily from BGS, they should make sure the environment feels like a living, organic place that is always changing.

Are you hoping Geralt's companions will play a larger role in TW3?

Triss. Dandelion. Zoltan. All of the regulars we have come to know and love in The Witcher games that have brought comic relief as well as provide needed breaks from combat and the more serious aspects of the story. I thought it was incredibly memorable when the entire gang was celebrating at Shani's house in TW1 by hosting a party.

We also saw elements of the entire gang being together in TW2 in Flotsam inside the tavern. Although, admittedly their roles (except Triss) were rather minor in TW2 and generally only appeared on occasion throughout. Would you like to see Triss, Dandelion, and Zoltan have a larger role in TW3 and perhaps even have a location where the entire crew can get together and relax?

I think it would be great if Geralt had a "home" of sorts where all of his companions could meet up and socialize to change the pacing of the game. Any thoughts on this?

Actually, I'm not really a fan of this "companion" thing. Remains to be seen how it's realized, of course, I can't say I'm all that excited however. Reminds me uncomfortably of Mass Effect.

I hope there will at least be an option, whan push comes to shove, to ditch these companions and go solo.

I definitely would like to see other characters play important roles. I remember that one of my impressions from the books was that this Geralt chap isn't all capable and often his companions would solve things he couldn't\didn't.

Some games want to empower you completely, and that's fine. In TW series I feel there's more of a humbling experience (or should be), with the protagonist not being omnipotent or omniscient. So I want to see the sorceresses, the dwarves, the bard, Nilfgaardians and Northerners and many others prove just as capable as Geralt throughout the game.

Edit: To clarify, I mean from a story perspective, not game mechanics.

Actually, I'm not really a fan of this "companion" thing. Remains to be seen how it's realized, of course, I can't say I'm all that excited however. Reminds me uncomfortably of Mass Effect.

I hope there will at least be an option, whan push comes to shove, to ditch these companions and go solo.

I'm under the impression that we will likely be solo a large portion of the game. I personally did enjoy the view missions in TW2 where we either had Triss accompanying us or Zoltan. More specifically though, this isn't asking for companions in combat but rather to talk to on occasion. You didn't enjoy any of the companions in ME? Not even Garrus or Tali?

I definitely would like to see other characters play important roles. I remember that one of my impressions from the books was that this Geralt chap isn't all capable and often his companions would solve things he couldn't\didn't.

Some games want to empower you completely, and that's fine. In TW series I feel there's more of a humbling experience (or should be), with the protagonist not being omnipotent or omniscient. So I want to see the sorceresses, the dwarves, the bard, Nilfgaardians and Northerners and many others prove just as capable as Geralt throughout the game.

Edit: To clarify, I mean from a story perspective, not game mechanics.

I agree and I think it would make the game much more interesting rather than Geralt being a lone wolf the entire experience. One of the many strengths of The Witcher franchise is the large list of supporting casts and I believe they were not used enough in TW2. I hope that we see them play a more prominent role like TW1 in terms of story as some of my most memorable quests was either hearing Dandelion's singing or meeting Zoltan at a local bar. It was also nice just being able to converse with Geralt's friends at your leisure, especially in Act II (I believe) when you are staying at Triss' mansion and helping take care of Alvin.

I'm under the impression that we will likely be solo a large portion of the game. I personally did enjoy the view missions in TW2 where we either had Triss accompanying us or Zoltan. More specifically though, this isn't asking for companions in combat but rather to talk to on occasion. You didn't enjoy any of the companions in ME? Not even Garrus or Tali?

I didn't say that, but the Witcher is not Mass Effect and I don't want it to resemble Mass Effect in any way. The thing that I liked about the previous Witcher games is that the world didn't stop for Geralt - all the NPCs were pretty much doing their own thing and only interacted with Geralt when the plot required it. In Mass Effect they're all on the same ship doing the same missions, in the Witcher however, people Geralt interacts with all have their own stuff to take care of. It would look strange for them to just sit around and wait for Geralt to invite him on a mission. Well, maybe except for Dandelion.

Maybe I will like the companion mechanics, I don't know, but i do hope that it's not gonna be mandatory, so in the case I don't like it, I will have the option to go solo.

Making Geralt more into a Witcher.

One of my slight criticisms of The Witcher games is I never truly felt as if I was fully harnessing the power of a Witcher. Many Witchers posses superhuman speed, strength, reflexes, as well as tremendous disease resistance. I would like to see more of these aspects incorporated into TW3.

With the example of speed and reflexes, there would be a "slow time" ability that would allow Geralt to attack and slay enemies at normal speeds in slow time, which would be incredibly fast in real time. There could even be a kill camera similar to TW2 to show the amazing superhuman speed of a Witcher and how fast he can slay an opponent, similar to the CGI trailer.

I'd also like to see more examples of superhuman strength portrayed in the game. Let us move obstacles such as boulders or trees to uncover new paths. It would also be fun to incorporate the superhuman strength into combat by perhaps launching an enemy off his feet or knocking his shield away. I'm sure many others can come up with great examples of taking that Witcher experience to the fullest.

We are getting some slight hints of more Witcher aspects with the monster hunting, but I believe CDPR could do a lot more. I shouldn't just be a light-armored merc who has fancy swordsmanship. I should actually be a mutant who is unrivaled in terms of combat and truly is powerful in more ways than just using signs.

I didn't say that, but the Witcher is not Mass Effect and I don't want it to resemble Mass Effect in any way. The thing that I liked about the previous Witcher games is that the world didn't stop for Geralt - all the NPCs were pretty much doing their own thing and only interacted with Geralt when the plot required it. In Mass Effect they're all on the same ship doing the same missions, in the Witcher however, people Geralt interacts with all have their own stuff to take care of. It would look strange for them to just sit around and wait for Geralt to invite him on a mission. Well, maybe except for Dandelion.

Maybe I will like the companion mechanics, I don't know, but i do hope that it's not gonna be mandatory, so in the case I don't like it, I will have the option to go solo.

I'm just saying it would be nice if we could meet up with the others more often than we did in TW2, which was really only once or twice. It certainly shouldn't be mandatory and it shouldn't be all the time. But these people are Geralt's friends and it would be nice to check in on them from time to time.

Make it playable with out forcing me to go out, and buy the latest, most fastest, most up to date system in the world, and be able to enjoy it, with out turning everything down to the lowest settings.

May be impossible, but sure would be nice. I spent more time tweaking Witcher 2, and searching the internet for everyone's best setting's for optimal game play than playing the game.

I do very much love the games though, it is just that, I just would be very willing to sacrifice, quite a bit of graphic's for nice smooth game play

Last edited:
Make it playable with out forcing me to go out, and buy the latest, most fastest, most up to date system in the world, and be able to enjoy it, with out turning everything down to the lowest settings.

May be impossible, but sure would be nice. I spent more time tweaking Witcher 2, and searching the internet for everyone's best setting's for optimal game play than playing the game.

I do very much love the games though, it is just that, I just would be very willing to sacrifice, quite a bit of graphic's for nice smooth game play

What are your specs? There's only so much optimizing they can do

Intel64
i5-2550 CPU @ 3.40 GHz 4 core's 4 logical processors
DDR3 4096 x 2
Corsair
8 Gig total on system ram

Dual HD7770 AMD Radeon 1 Gig each total of 2 gig of Vid card Ram

ASETEK 510LC 120MM WATERCOOLER

1TB SATA III 7200 3.5 HARD DRIVE

ASUS P8Z68-V LX INTEL Z68 CROSSFIRE DDR3 SATA 3 USB 3.0 LGA 1155

I play skyrim easy, and keep most everything turned up 1920x1080. But I found witcher 2 very troublesome to get setting right, and playable, although I did finally get solid setting for witcher2 it took a lot of Witcher patches, and tweaking to get it right, and web page hunting to get things running smoothly. I would hope Witcher three does not give that much trouble, I would like to play it, but don't feel like buying a new system just for that game.

I also played "the Evil within" with very solid frame rates also at 1920x1080

Last edited:
Top Bottom