The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
think trying to claim a certain age group likes one character while another likes the other is extremely dubious, especially without any substantial supporting data. I vastly prefer Triss and i'm in my thirties. I think trying to demean Triss relationship by claiming it's a teenage relationship whilst Yen is some superior mature relationship is wrong too.

Classic Yen fanboys what can you do?

---------- Updated at 02:48 PM ----------

I guess you would agree with me that same can be said about some of the Triss fanboys...

Not even comparable with how salty Yen fanboys are
Poor folks try to justify Yen being less popular than Triss with silly arguments (mature relationship and reducing Triss to a Teenager one)

Not even comparable with how salty Yen fanboys are
Poor folks try to justify Yen being less popular than Triss with silly arguments (mature relationship and reducing Triss to a Teenager one)

Does it make you angry? It seems so - why do you not ignore such posts then? If Yen is being less popular - you can easily put to ignore list all of the Yen's fanboys.

Here we go again...

"It's a matter of taste." Everyone eventually agrees.
"But X fanboys are worse."
*Kicks the boulder back down the mountain*
Twenty posts later...
"They are both very different, it's nice we were given the choice." Everyone eventually agrees.
"We should be able to kill Y, I hate her."
Twenty posts later...
"They are both interesting characters, they just appeal to different sorts...book fans and game fans and all." Everyone eventually agrees.
"But X fanboys are way more vocal and salty..."

We seeing a pattern here yet? :wallbash:

Attachments

• sisyphus.jpg
    sisyphus.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 38
I dont think its a good idea to keep talking about "fanboys" and who is or isn't one, if we all just try to stick to what we love, and discuss the books/games politely and respectfully that would be more than good enough innit?

plenty of room for the fanboys and non fanboys of all teams here.

I dont think its a good idea to keep talking about "fanboys" and who is or isn't one, if we all just try to stick to what we love, and discuss the books/games politely and respectfully that would be more than good enough innit?

plenty of room for the fanboys and non fanboys of all teams here.

You saw the RED post earlier hinting that Shani may be featured in an upcoming expansion. You are now preemptively getting your head down. Waiting for the tidal wave. We know. We, too, fear the imminent flood.

You saw the RED post earlier hinting that Shani may be featured in an upcoming expansion. You are now preemptively getting your head down. Waiting for the tidal wave. We know. We, too, fear the imminent flood.

bring on Shani and her "lovers" >_<
the more the merrier, just hope Geralt's heart can survive it :p

bring on Shani and her "lovers" >_<
the more the merrier, just hope Geralt's heart can survive it :p

Shani is quite the possessive little vixen. I was actually really surprised she wasn't given a cameo (I guess she will be in an expansion). I thought during that dialogue with the doctor during the vampire quest that he would tell you where she was. To be fair, he sort of does...except her location appears to be out of reach, because she's "on the front, treating people".

Shani is quite the possessive little vixen. I was actually really surprised she wasn't given a cameo (I guess she will be in an expansion). I thought during that dialogue with the doctor during the vampire quest that he would tell you where she was. To be fair, he sort of does...except her location appears to be out of reach, because she's "on the front, treating people".

GOOD, Geralt deserves a little spanking /whipsound

If i HAD to choose between the two, i would pick Yennefer, mainly because of the books. She would sacrifice everything, including her self for both Ciri and Geralt (suicide mission to reach Vilgerfortz castle, trying to save Geralt at Rivia extermination). Im amazed how good CD Project Red made Yennefer the same person in game as she was in the books.

On the other hand, you have Triss, a person who was with Geralt in previous games. Very close friend in books (at one point they were more that close), lover in first two games. In Wild Hunt her Novigrad content is really powerful. As Geralt you just cant forget about all those moments you had spent together. Because of that, the choice who to pick is really hard.

At this point in the game, Yen is a "better pick", because of the inconsistency of Triss content (not present in Kaer Morhen at curing Avalach curse, not reacting to Yen passionate kiss after Ciri arrival to KM when you are in romance with her, close to zero dialogue at the last Skellige part, famous "Well?", only saying "Good luck" before last fight against Wild Hunt). Overall, both ladies are fantastic and i love them both.

Last edited:
Lets hoe so, Yen fanboys are obnoxious -.-
I guess you would agree with me that same can be said about some of the Triss fanboys...

This type of post is really, really NOT acceptable in these forums.
As they're fictional characters (remember?) a certain amount of criticism of Yen and Triss is OK, but moving from that to insulting other forum members is likely to end badly.

Lots of people have said it, but naturally no official confirmation that Shani will show up in the first expansion since it takes place in Oxenfurt and all.

She was released before King slayer incident IIRC but if not it was not much later, and there is a message in a nilfgarde camp referring to her "working on the background" so she pretty much had "free reign" just like she did at the start of W3.
Looking for Ciri is not at all an objection to contact or even help Geralt tbh.

Ahh, haven't encountered that, but I still think this isn't odd for her not contacting him until she needs to.

Yennefer is always "informed" where Geralt is, with whom and what he is doing. The latest book Season of Storms showed that again, when she coincidentally meet an old friend called Lytta Nerd just to talk ;)

Season of Storms spoiler:
Mosaik didn't answer. Yennefer was silent too, wrapping a black curl around her finger. Suddenly she lifted her head, looking in the eyes of the girl. And smiled.
>He asked you to come back to me<, said Lytta Neyd. >Ask you, to come back, although he might have guessed what could happened to you by me. That, i have to admit, i didn't expect that from him.<
The fountain splashed, smell of wet stone. Flowers give their odor, smell of ivy.
>He surprised me with that<, repeated Lytta. >I didn't excpect that from him.<
>Because you didn't know him<, respond Yennefer calmy.
>You didn't know him at all.<

There is also this incident with Geralt's swords and as chance would have it
she "heard" of it too and intervened, when it was necessary.

Sometimes i have the feeling that many people forget that Geralt isn't such a nice guy either. He can be sometimes quite a jerk in books and games, e.g. when Yennefer teleports him above a lake, why does she do it? Because Geralt couldn't stop talking and explaining himself, she just didn't want to hear it anymore, just stop, yet you still rub it in her face. Nobody wants to hear endless excuses, if you were left for another woman, you just don't want it, because it hurts just thinking about that.

While i am on it, this reminded me also of something in Season of Storms:

Geralt had flirted with
Mozaïk, an apprentice of Lytta, on numerous occasions so he could annoy Lytta, which later resulted in Lytta breaking Mozaïk’s hand out of pure jealousy.

People claim Triss used magic to "seduce him" the summaries I read make no mention of that being true at all.

Then Geralt of Rivia appeared. A witcher leading a stormy life, and tied to her good friend Yennefer in a strange, turbulent and almost violent relationship. Triss had watched them both and was jealous even though it seemed there was little to be jealous of. Their relationship quite obviously made them both unhappy, had led straight to destruction, pain and yet, against all logic ... it had lasted. Triss couldn't understand it. And it had fascinated her. It had fascinated her to such an extent that . . .
. . . she had seduced the witcher - with the help of a little magic.

That's all. We don't know how or what exactly she did, but she did it. I wouldn't interpretate too much into it.

So, uh, who's winning?

No one, because it isn't a competition.

Last edited:
Found another passage for why she doesn't contact him.

Blood of Elves:
“There was something between us.That’s why I know him a bit. He does not like having help imposed on him. And if he was in need of it he would seek it from those he could trust. A year has gone by since those events and I…I’ve not had any news from him. And as for our debt, I owe him exactly as much as he owes me. No more and no less.”

In that same dialogue with Dandelion she also shows how cold and "bitchy" she can be, or not:

Blood of Elves:
Do as I ask. I wouldn’t like anything bad to happen to you. I like you too much, owe you too much—”
“You’ve said that already. What do you owe me, Yennefer?”
The sorceress turned her head away, did not say anything for a while.
“You travelled with him,” she said finally.
“Thanks to you he was not alone. You were a friend to him. You were with him.”
The bard lowered his eyes.
“He didn’t get much from it,” he muttered.
“He didn’t get much from our friendship. He had little but trouble because of me. He constantly had to get me out of some scrape… help me…”
She leaned across the table, put her hand on his and squeezed it hard without saying anything. Her eyes held regret.
“Go to Redania,” she repeated after a moment. “To Tretogor. Stay in Dijkstra’s and Philippa’s care. Don’t play at being a hero. You have got yourself mixed up in a dangerous affair, Dandilion.”
“I’ve noticed.” He grimaced and rubbed his aching shoulder.
“And that is precisely why I believe Geralt should be warned. You are the only one who knows where to look for him. You know the way. I guess you used to be… a guest there…?”
Yennefer turned away. Dandilion saw her lips pinch, the muscles in her cheek quiver.
“Yes, in the past,” she said and there was something elusive and strange in her voice.
“I used to be a guest there, sometimes. But never uninvited.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom