• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
1) I like to read the quest summary by Dandelion after I finish the quest, but it's very inconvenient that I have to search through list of 100 quests in order to find the one I just finished as the order they are listed makes no sense.
So would be nice if we could somehow sort the completed quests list and there would be sections for Main, Side, Contracts, etc..

2) The negotiation about pay before you accept contract is very dull. And It's seams that most NPCs have the same range aka +35-40 crowns..
This feature can be improved - make it some kind of mini game with some mechanics which requires some skill from the player, like the arm wrestling thing from W2.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I don't understand the reason for this thread. Technially you can also Axii mobs wait till your stamina is almost full, and axii is JUST about to break, move behind them and use heavy attack, rinse and repeat. You can also just Igni spam, like do ABSOLUTELY nothing, just igni spam till everything is dead. You can also run in within aggro range, punch a dude, run out lose aggro, rinse and repeat. You can climb up a high surface and just spam crossbow bolt. You can level up Axii brain wash a dude to fight for you, rinse and repeat till everyone is dead. You can use a poison bomb run in till JUST outside of aggro range, throw the bomb and just stand and wait till they drop dead. Let's see what else? Aggro mobs and kite them to other mobs and let them fight it out till you're the last one standing. You can Aard dudes till they fall and just cherry pick kills while they're on the ground.

Do I choose to exploit it? nah its boring that way, I prefer to get in there and get my hands dirty. Ofcourse if YOU want to bore yourself to death, by all means bro, have at it, enjoy the game.

ppl need to stop making excuses for CDPR.

the design decisions in how to make the AI behave is bad. pure bad. a good design doesnt have exploits that are THAT easy to spot and reproduce. this is one of the worst design decisions in this amazing game.
if ppl go to a restaurant and order a 3 course meal and the desert is disgusting are you simply suggesting a simple solution - dont eat the desert?! NO! the restaurant should replace your desert with a better one. you paid for a better desert.
well i paid for a game with better AI that doesnt have an exploit built into it. even if i dont exploit it myself since the fun is within the combat, not the exploit, and i enjoy rushing in - i want a free roaming AI that would chase me when im low on health, or fights that would drag out from the initial spawn point into other areas.

One of the biggest downside of this idiotic AI behavior is that the AI location is too limited. a certain AI will never appear in a location it wasnt planned to. i WANT to encounter wolves in swamps, occasionally. i WANT to encounter bandits in... well, almost anywhere. i WANT to encounter nekkers in more places. i want a free roaming AI. especially the humans who has an interest in venturing almost anywhere. i love fighting humans but the game world doesnt spawn them anywhere other than in really really small pockets or rarely on horses.

and dont get me started on the mounted bandit's AI. idiots again. you can attack one bandit and the other 3 will just keep on riding away. i can understand the mounted bandits not negotiating tight trees or obstacleswell. path-finding is a tough problem to solve. take some programming skills to solve, but get all the riders to attack at once is not hard. allowing the AI to leave their spawn area if hostiles approach up to a much much larger zone (and then go back to initial spawn area if the hostile goes too far) is not a tough problem to solve.

this is just bad design. yes, you can look the other way, but that doesnt mean the problem isnt there.

CDPR should fix this. even if the occasional bandit ventures into the road and kills a civilian or gets into a village and attacks one of the invincible villagers until he flees. this exploit cant be by design. it just cant.

i literally imagin CDPR devs play their own game, getting this problem time and time again and think to themselves - "yeah... it's idiotic. but it's OK. no one would mind. this solution is the best one to the problems that would arise from letting the AI leave their spawn point".

also CDPR talked about an organic world and echo-system. this game has the most artificial echo-system i've ever seen. nothing is organic here. the same AI spawn in the same locations. they dont move from there. they dont free roam. i see whyverns flying in circles like idiots (probably so they dont stray from their spawn location and attack other entities). you never see a none-scripted encounter of one AI type fighting another. it's artificial, game-y and very old fashioned in it's design in a bad way.

the AI in this game is the most disappointing element of TW3 for me.

Last edited:
Yes, as Duke above, I also like to read the Completed Quests' text. It would be nice if the most recently completed Quest would be put on the top of the list, instead of somewhere in the middle!

A bit more sorting options would be nice for every list. For example, in the Crafting list, the items should be arranged by Level perhaps, so that when I gain a level, I don't have to re-check everything if it's something I can newly craft or some old stuff.

anyway Best Game Ever!!!

Love the game!
-Plz remove Potion as Clearance as a food/drink item. It auto loads in the slot and is easy to use on mistake when pressing "R" (default) for drinking and eating.

-Plz add costum map notes.(player added notes)

-Pls add a note on merchant when hovering over items that "U already own this recipe, diagram etc"

-After patch 1.04 the first item in the loot window isnt highlightet anymore, on 1.03 u could press "E" mulitple time and loot all, now u have to press "E" + "Space" Not a biggy, but was easier to loot flowers "on the run" before :)

Keep up the good work !

ppl need to stop making excuses for CDPR. .

Orrr..people can KEEP ON suggesting what they consider reasonable responses and OTHER people, non-mod people, can stop suggesting how others can behave.

Many of us find the AI fine. I'd like to see more teamwork from the humans and maybe a non-lethal option when they realise I've possessed their buddy but in general, it's fine.

Your idea of an idiotic AI speaks volumes about what you expect in an ambitious open-world RPG : too much at this point. Would you have liked to wait another few years so they could work on it? The rest of us would certainly not like to wait, thanks.

What you may consider a "simple" fix is not a perspective held by the professionals who built and implemented the AI, obviously.

We all paid for the game we got, bugs, flaws and everything. GoG and Steam have easy return policies if it's too much for you.

Every gamer will try to find the path of least resistance. What makes a game truly awesome is when you try to find this path of least resistance only to discover that it requires player skill. When a game system is easily exploitable it cheapens the experience. In other words it means that once you discover some exploit like this, you can go back to fighting like how you normally do but you'll always know at the the back of you mind that there is an easier way of killing the enemy and so it feels like you are artificially making things harder for you.

An example is if I decide to fight with no armor because death march is too easy for you; trying to make the game harder artificially feels cheap.

Orrr..people can KEEP ON suggesting what they consider reasonable responses and OTHER people, non-mod people, can stop suggesting how others can behave.

Many of us find the AI fine. I'd like to see more teamwork from the humans and maybe a non-lethal option when they realise I've possessed their buddy but in general, it's fine.

Your idea of an idiotic AI speaks volumes about what you expect in an ambitious open-world RPG : too much at this point. Would you have liked to wait another few years so they could work on it? The rest of us would certainly not like to wait, thanks.

What you may consider a "simple" fix is not a perspective held by the professionals who built and implemented the AI, obviously.

We all paid for the game we got, bugs, flaws and everything. GoG and Steam have easy return policies if it's too much for you.

if we all spoke in a manner of: "this product is flawed but you can work around the flaw by ignoring it" we would never push products to become better.
TW3 is a fantastic game. no doubt. but this IS an issue. it's good that ppl suggest others about ways to work around an issue, but im sure the ppl who found this exploit already aware of the option to ignore it. to get close to it and fight. no one here is revealing something unknown. go ahead. try and help. that's the kind of behavior a community should take, BUT do not neglect the fact that this is a FLAW.
it's a design choice that is likely made to try and fix another problem.
the base AI of this game, like almost any other game, is to chase the player. i do not expect to much. in fact i expect what i see in any other game out there. more than that - i dont think i have see ANY open world game with a silly AI limitation like this one. no skyrim. not AC. not SOM. not Batman. not just cause. not oblivion. none. i cant remember any open world game where the AI was tethered so hard and exploitable so easily. and since the "rechnology" to allow the AI to naviagte around the map existed like 10 years ago i expected it here as well.

i am sure there are some reasons why CDPR tethered the AI. i do not think that the reason the AI doesnt leave their spawn spot is due to a lack of programming skills on CDPR behalf, but i DO think, ney, im SURE the solution they picked is bad. if it wasnt bad we wouldnt hear about it from so many players who bring this up.
maybe the devs didnt want players to lure the AI away from treature chests and lot them without a fight, maybe they didnt want the AI to be lured into populated areas. i can see a few reasons for a tether. but i can also see a simple solution to each problem that isnt what we have now, which is extremely bad.

why is it bad? because it's transparent. it exploits the AI for it's limitations. it's a behavior no human being or animal would employ. it's exploitable by the other game mechanics. it is BAD. simply that.

What i mean by this post is that i beleive the CDPR red should work on this issue. fix it. improve it. i know there are bugs to fix as well, but unless those bugs are game breaking than i would consider the AI subject to be a relatively high priority. none game breaking bugs are something few ppl encounter and they are noticeable in very specific circumstances while the AI issue is something prevalent in many areas. (do not read as if i suggested to abandon bug fixing in favor of this. do not miss-read what i said). i would MUCH rather have the AI have a significantly larger areas to move around in rather than an alternative look for yennefer, for example. i have a feeling that a new armor set or a 5 minutes DLC quest would impact my enjoyment of the game in a much less meaningful way than getting the AI to feel more immersive overall.

my opinion of the matter, at least.

HI CD Projectr.
PLZ add the option to turn the shadows off in update v1.05 cause it gives a huge boost for fps for lots of people who have low end pcs.
Thank you.

Congrats on an amazing game! I've never played a Witcher game before and didn't know quite what to expect, but W3 is quickly becoming one of my favourite games of all time.

I'm playing on PS4, and have a wish list for you crazy devs (I'm a bit of an interface freak so forgive me if some ot these are are eye-roll inducing lol)

Oils

Would love to have available oils listed in the Bestiary section next to their appropriate category, and be able to apply oils from here too. To complement this, it would be great to open the Bestiary from the Quick Access Menu (maybe using the triangle button). These two things would allow me to open the Bestiary quicker, and select the correct oil and apply it quicker.

Fast Travel Sign Post indicator

Would love to have an indicator on the the circumference of the mini map that points in the direction of the nearest Sign Post.

Bomb count in Quick Access Menu

Would like to see a count of how many bombs I have left of the two types equipped in the Quick Access Menu - 0/2 or 3/4 for example.

Scrolling in the Character information section

Scrolling up and down the list of characters is not working with the right analog stick on the PS4. Very frustrating when I am looking for updated character bio entries.

Inventory organisation

Would love to have sub-categories under Usable Items for all the stuff in there (Oils, Books, Potions etc) so they are grouped separately from each other in the interface.

Inventory navigation

In order to navigate from from the small sword icon (that indicates the Equipment tab) all the way across to my equipped items, you have to navigate through the icons for Usable, Alchemy, Quest, and Other - would be great if we could just push the D-Pad/Analog stick once to the left instead so we navigate from the Equipment icon straight to the right-hand side of the equipped times section (Gloves). As it is at the moment, navigating through the Usable and Alchemy tabs is slow as their contents have to be loaded and this slows down navigation.

Quest log opens to active quest

I have the quest tracker turned off on the HUD for immersion reasons, so having to continually find my active quest in the quest log is annoying - would love the quest log to open up on my active quest.

Have Alchemy/Crafting/Bestiary categories collapsed upon opening

When I open up the Alchemy/Crafting/Bestiary sections then I would like to have all the sub-categories initially collapsed (as opposed to a mix of expanded and collapsed). Yeah I know, maybe this is the neat-freak in me!

Dead-zone in the Quick Access Menu

Maybe it's just me, but the dead-zone for the analog sticks when selecting Signs and Potion/Crossbow/Pocket slots seems way too high in the Quick Access Menu.

Just my humble wishes for an already incredible game :)

PLEWSE HELP!!!!! Can't get serpentine steel sword to revile itself.

I have got and read the book and paper. I even go to the place and read the book and still nothing happens.

I think the key point here is realism. AI should react in a realistic way, given the effort the devs have put in trying to make this a realistic fantasy game (realistic within the context of shooting fire out of your hands that is).

It's meant to be a believable world, an immersive one. In no way is three guys sitting around waiting for you to kill them with a crossbow while taunting you as they are dying a realistic, immersive experience!

To those saying, 'drrr, well you don't have to play this way'...I say, yes you don't, but it is by no means over the top to expect enemies to react to a ranged weapon in a realistic, even semi-clever way. And why should we have to not play a certain way because the AI cannot handle it?

How do we get the devs to see this post, I think this could be a quick fix for them and really worth it for the gaming experience!!!

Came here to ask about a quick option to turn the HUD off and on completely, for screenshots. Right now I'm roaming about Skellige with all elements turned off because I'm spamming screenshots, but when I occasionally want them back on, say, for combat, or to investigate something, it becomes a bit of a bother to go back to the menu and click each thing individually. But I'm gonna echo the wish for an easier way to navigate through the quests, particularly the completed ones, too.

alchemy should be more along the lines of tw1+2, with finite items that have to be re-crafted... The alcohol auto-refill was a bad idea. I think it's great that potions have multiple uses, but they should eventually run out. Also: Using potions as simple, quick items (without any animation or anything) is highly immersion breaking.

this

Another silly behavior of NPC it happens when you don't move your Geralt and the NPC hits him and scream "Ouch!".

Well, the AI should stay in "hot pursuit" IMO and it should either run for cover or hide behind cover if you range attack them. It should not stand 3 feet away taunting you and neither advance or retreat. That seems to happen to me a lot when I simply retreat a little to get clear of the mob.

Scrolling in the Character information section

Scrolling up and down the list of characters is not working with the right analog stick on the PS4. Very frustrating when I am looking for updated character bio entries.

It is working.

First, select a biography, then use the left analog stick to highlight the biography text you want to read (turn left analog stick right a few times until the text is highlighted), then you can easily scroll down the text.

You're welcome.

What do you expect the bandit to do? Parry the bolts back at you? Dodge the bolt with superhuman reflexes? Cast Quen? I mean come on, it's a bandit not a Witcher. You expect too much.

Exactly as far as I know there is no-one from the Matrix in this game. I laugh when I see threads of this and other games where someone finds an exploit, exploits it over and over again, shows up to the forum and makes a rage post about the stupid AI. I can tell you where the problem with the AI is and its not the game! I rarely use the bow, I use bombs, abilities and my weapons and I think the AI is pretty clever. If you attack multiple enemies they are very good at flanking you and attacking your rear before you can jump out of the way. It is easy enough to fix in a patch at any rate.

Try some self-control instead of just blaming the game,

Top Bottom