TW3 is my favourite rpg of all time. anyone else feel like tw3 ruined every other rpg, and feel discouraged from other games

+
Honestly, saying this game have a better battle dynamics than Dark Souls is like saying earth is in the center of the universe and the sun revolves around it. I think I read such nonsense in this topic somewhere. I do not comprehend.

---------- Updated at 09:43 PM ----------

You must have barely played it then. After about 40 hours or so in the game (1.05 PC) the bugs started to show themselves more and more frequently, about 1 new bug/hour of playtime in a far progressed savestate.

CTDS started becoming a frequent thing for me after reaching Skellige. If you arrive in a pirate infested beach by boat and Geralt assumes battle stance inside the boat you will get stuck coz geralt can't jump while in battle stance and hence you can't leave the boat. He will remain stuck like a moron. Glyph crafting bug, buggy lesser runes which raises 5% sign intensity, Poor AI behaviour by most enemies also aflicts the game. It doesn't matter how many potions and bombs u spend, everything gets replenished by 1 bottle of Alcohest. That's hilarious also. I can keep going, but I'm lazy as hell. Yesterday i was riding the mountain tops, Roach inserted itself inside the mountain textures, I became stuck... LOL.

Last edited:
Honestly, saying this game have a better battle dynamics than Dark Souls is like saying earth is in the center of the universe and the sun revolves around it. I think I read such nonsense in this topic somewhere. I do not comprehend.
If you take Earth as the reference, the sun does revolve around it and it is the center of the universe.

Not only is it one of my favorite RPG of all time, but it is definitely on my top 5 all-time favorite list, as well. This topic is funny to me because I started playing Witcher 3 while I was feeling apathetic toward gaming in general, which was just last month; I was in a bit of a gaming rut, and felt fatigued by a medium I did not think was progressing in any significant way. Honestly? This game totally reinvirogarated my interest in gaming. If we can continue to tell more fantastic stories complete with powerful and complex women like Witcher 3, I plan on being here awhile. CDPR did an amazing job, and I'm honored to call myself a fan.

Last edited:

---------- Updated at 09:43 PM ----------

CTDS started becoming a frequent thing for me after reaching Skellige. If you arrive in a pirate infested beach by boat and Geralt assumes battle stance inside the boat you will get stuck coz geralt can't jump while in battle stance and hence you can't leave the boat. He will remain stuck like a moron. Glyph crafting bug, buggy lesser runes which raises 5% sign intensity, Poor AI behaviour by most enemies also aflicts the game. It doesn't matter how many potions and bombs u spend, everything gets replenished by 1 bottle of Alcohest. That's hilarious also. I can keep going, but I'm lazy as hell. Yesterday i was riding the mountain tops, Roach inserted itself inside the mountain textures, I became stuck... LOL.

my bad.i forgot 1 bug.

I got this bug where I got stuck in blocking stance and couldn't attack, a few times.

But.. I'm over it. best rpg ever. every game has bugs- that is why they make patches. This is 2015 with massive million dollar games, not a 1989 text adventure. They will not spend 7 years on QA, and nor should they. the game was incredibly playable.

If you take Earth as the reference, the sun does revolve around it and it is the center of the universe.
Lmao... Funny

---------- Updated at 12:42 AM ----------

my bad.i forgot 1 bug.

I got this bug where I got stuck in blocking stance and couldn't attack, a few times.

But.. I'm over it. best rpg ever. every game has bugs- that is why they make patches. This is 2015 with massive million dollar games, not a 1989 text adventure. They will not spend 7 years on QA, and nor should they. the game was incredibly playable.

I was just playing, came across some sort of hilarious floating horse bug. Roach flies. I know those sort of games have bugs but you were exageratting a bit earlier, saying the game was almost bug free. That's not necessarily the case. Anyways... As I said before, the game shows it's potential in many aspects but there are some gameplay design choices which are questionable.

I'm just getting into Skellige(over leveled to 20 wandering about exploring) and decided to play a few hours of Skyrim today. I really missed being able to sneak, and far more fluidly and precisely move about in and out of combat - the vastly more effective and expansive archery and alchemy. Really missed Gwent though. :p

TW3 is an amazing game and has place among the greatest games released in recent years - but it's among them and not standing over them.

I'm just getting into Skellige(over leveled to 20 wandering about exploring) and decided to play a few hours of Skyrim today. I really missed being able to sneak, and far more fluidly and precisely move about in and out of combat - the vastly more effective and expansive archery and alchemy. Really missed Gwent though. :p

TW3 is an amazing game and has place among the greatest games released in recent years - but it's among them and not standing over them.
Don't you think Skyrim's alchemy is too grindy and requires too much pausing? TW3's does require a bunch of pausing, too, but still a lot less.

On my 3rd playthrough of Skyrim I went 'no alchemy', meaning no drinking potions, no brewing, not even gathering ingridients. It had a much better pace and a much consistent difficulty, since the potions are so damn OP in that game. The only problem is that early on you're very squishy, considering they tailed the challenges expecting you to use potions.

IMO Alchemy is the worse thing about Skyrim, even though the system is stylish.

It always makes me laugh to see comparisons like this. There's not much point comparing Witcher to Skyrim to DA:I. They're all "fantasy" RPG, but they all occupy their own niches.

DA:I. Classic RPG trope of 4 member party, quite whimsical, very tongue in cheek at times. Light entertainment largely meant for fun.

Skyrim: Hell, it's Bethesda. I don't buy ES or Fallout games for the story, I buy them to explore a world, and that's what BGS are best at (and probably better than any gaming studio out there). And they know it.

Witcher 3: Action RPG, heavily narrative driven, rather more focussed and very much more serious than either of it's 2 "competitors" (but also able to poke a little fun at itself).

They're all different. Some nights you like steak, other nights you like pasta. Revel in all the differences - variety is the spice of life!

Last edited:
The Witcher 3 is a 10/10, can't wait for the expansions and DLC. I also can't wait for Batman in a few days and later this year, MGSV, Fallout 4, Mad Max, Battlefront, indies like Everybody's Gone to the Rapture etc. and I could go on. E3 was great to see that developers are finally getting a handle on the systems and things are looking good for the future. Robot...Dinosaurs...nuff said. These conversations are pointless as it's apples and oranges. Even TW3 devs are looking forward to playing other games.

RPGs are funny things the greatest RPG moment for me was playing KOTOR. I was dating a girl named Raven at the time so I named my Character Raven and it was reveal i was Reven i was like really? REALLY?! Jedi council Your great creative moment in naming me was to change one fraking letter!?!?! This would never have happen for anyone else (except the few people who make their first character and named them Raven.) I doubt I will ever top that RPG moment. Now I don't think that KOTOR is the best RPG ever made but there are a lot of great RPG moments from other games so while I think the Witcher 3 is the best rpg I have played i don't find it has ruined me for other games. I don't think leaving the Vault in FO3 will ever be topped as a transition moment in an RPG So I'll probably play FO3 again this year for obvious reasons.

I am playing the following in addition to W3 currently, skyrim (Modded) and DA:I (limitedly modded) and I'm trying to get into pillars of eternity (not impressed with the mods so far... so vanillia) but i really hate the infinity engine. Sure it was great back in the day but not it just sucks. I'm hoping that the story will draw me in. I play other games as well but they are not RPGs so not really germane to the topic. I am looking forward to FO4, i suspect W3 will keep me entertained until its release with the first of the expansion coming out in october.

For myself I play other games so as to not burn myself out on W3 but it is still the game I have played the most over the past month.

Don't you think Skyrim's alchemy is too grindy and requires too much pausing? TW3's does require a bunch of pausing, too, but still a lot less.

The most elegant Alchemy system ever made comes from The Witcher 1. I'm baffled as to why they screwed that up.

---------- Updated at 06:12 AM ----------

Yeah man. Since I finished the game I am constantly thinking about it and things around it. And this is exactly what I have been thinking today. The only thing they did completely 100% right was the marketing campaign and I just swallowed it.

I don't blame you. Look how much they spent into the Marketing Campaign.
[video=youtube;paXYnP2O-9I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paXYnP2O-9I[/video]

Overhyped much ? Yes, 35 million dollars worth of hype.

Try watching E3 2015 games after playing Witcher 3. You'll have no mood at all :)
Is that a joke ? Speak for yourself. I'm very excited with Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Shenmue 3, Fallout 4 and Mass Effect Andromeda.

Good thing about Japanese games is that they come 99% bug free most of the time, with just a few exceptions.

35 million is nothing in the bigger picture. How on earth can you be disappointed in THAT. Their marketing campaign was actually pretty clever and pleasant (look at the spam fest all over the internet ESO is doing...)

The game;s hype is based on actual opinions, and not cheap gimmicks. you might not be the biggest fan of the game, but its exactly the game that was missing from the market. People like me are happy to praise the product offline and online voluntarily, because we should fight bad development in gaming with supporting good development. I genuinely feel like giving the game praise.

The hype for TW3 is as real as it can be

Regards

Bartek Harbut (feel free to look me up and see I have no affiliation with CDPR :p )

35 million is nothing in the bigger picture. How on earth can you be disappointed in THAT. Their marketing campaign was actually pretty clever and pleasant

Yeah I'm sure it was. Many respectful marketing tactics were used. Such as this.

Regards.

---------- Updated at 06:44 AM ----------

Oh and I didn't even mentioned the downgrade...

Look at Angry Joe playing out his role. Lmao. What a hypocrite. It's turning out so pathetic. I wonder how much he got out of those 35 M

Last edited:
The most elegant Alchemy system ever made comes from The Witcher 1. I'm baffled as to why they screwed that up.

---------- Updated at 06:12 AM ----------

I don't blame you. Look how much they spent into the Marketing Campaign.
[video=youtube;paXYnP2O-9I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paXYnP2O-9I[/video]

Yeah I'm sure it was. Many respectful marketing tactics were used. Such as this.

Regards.

---------- Updated at 06:44 AM ----------

Oh and I didn't even mentioned the downgrade...

Look at Angry Joe changing his tune. Lmao. What a hypocrite. It's turning out so pathetic.

CDPR claimed they've sold 4 million copies. Do the math, 4 million x $59.90 = sales gain (assuming everyone bought at retail price).

Put aside provision for expected losses @ 30% of the sales gain (take into account of currency exchange volatility, currency translation, risk & other macroecon factors)

4,000,000 x 59.90
--------
Sales Gain: $239,600,000
Less: Provision for expected losses @ 30% (just an estimate): ($71,880,000)
--------
Gross margin: $167,720,000
Less: 35 mil + 32 mil
--------
Leftovers: $ 100,720,000
---------

They still make tons of millions in 9 figures without taking tax & other liabilities into consideration yet.

Overhyped? Nope. For the amount of marketing they've invested in and the returns, it's a success. Everyone knows how marketing is paramount to a game's marketability.

if you're not interested in figures, Just take a look at their stock price before and after the announcement of Witcher 3 and it's enough. Want more detail? Do your own calculation for their profitability ratios

Stock prices reflects public sentiments & past performance, unless you do a fundamental analysis or technical analysis to find whether the stock prices are undervalued or overvalued.

Sorry but I have to disagree with your argument, from financial perspective. Your claim have no base unless you can prove that other big AAA games have better ratios & return than Witcher 3. Witcher 3 is still just a month old, too early to say it's overhyped.

Weak argument.

35 million is what WarGaming gives to a museum to bribe them into slavery...

That is little money in comparison to what some other games cost. Modern Warfare 2 (Propaganda Edition) had a 50 million dve budget (for a 4 hour propaganda campaign and screaming 12 year olds in multiplayer) AND a 200 MILLION dollar marketing budget...

Witcher 3 was an EXTREMELY cheap game. So was STALKER and Metro...

Japanese devs need tackle hard coding before we can say they can code well..

As for this year's E3... meh, bethesda.net = shit.

Are you the CDPR accountant latios ? It would be fine all that money spent into Marketing if the game didn't came out broken.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm sure it was. Many respectful marketing tactics were used[/video]

Regards.

I personally like Conan (not love, but enjoy) Using a well known comic to do a funny bit for your game is actually quite clever. I'd take that any day over people buying upm ad space everywhere for like a month (ESO and Batman, I'm looking at you :p)

And why the hell would it make a difference what kind of a version was he actually testing? I play TW3 with some mods on 35 FPS and the game is still amazing looking. This frame rate obsession people have is really starting to piss me off

Are you the CDPR accountant latios ? It would be fine all that money spent in Marketing if the game didn't came out broken.

Nope. I'm an associate in Assurance (audit), Financial service with PwC.
I'm smart enough to distinguish a claim that have no basis.

So far it's just a simple math, I haven't even go into details yet because I don't have enough information other than that 4 million sales. Also, this game is just a month old.

No game is perfect, which is why devs are constantly introducing patches and fixes. I don't know what kind of Vendetta you have against CDPR or Witcher 3, but take it easy.

If you're not happy with Witcher 3, then go ahead and play other game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom