TW3 Save game import

+
While you guys were taking sneak peeks at the manual, did you also notice if there was a mention of the TW2 game version? There were some changes to the savegame format between 2.0 and EE. It may not be enough to matter though.

I didn't notice anything either. Sorry.

Now that I think about it, does tw2 make an autosave after you deal with letho?

I'm reinstalling tw2 now because I have a iorveth and a roach save but both are manual and both are saved right near letho. I guess I can tell you guys after if it makes an autosave or not. It's possible the autosave happens when you go into the area with letho BEFORE you deal with him..... I'll be able to let you guys know in like 30 mins when this is done installing though.

Now that I think about it, does tw2 make an autosave after you deal with letho?

I'm reinstalling tw2 now because I have a iorveth and a roach save but both are manual and both are saved right near letho. I guess I can tell you guys after if it makes an autosave or not. It's possible the autosave happens when you go into the area with letho BEFORE you deal with him..... I'll be able to let you guys know in like 30 mins when this is done installing though.

It's after Letho, but only on the later versions, not the early ones. (Which is what reminded me about the versions). I'm not sure exactly when it started, whether it was 2.0 or EE.

my source was that I downloaded the witcher 3 manual and it says exactly that. Use the autosave at the end for tw2, not a manual save or it won't import the very ending decisions.

Oops, I read the manual and somehow missed the detail about the final autosave.
It's possible the autosave happens when you go into the area with letho BEFORE you deal with him.....

You're probably about to find out, but I imagine the game will assume you defeated him when you choose the dialogue option right before the fight.

I can confirm that the enhanced edition of the game creates a final autosave, after the Letho sequence, upon the recap of your choices, as narrated by Dandelion, before the end credits.

good stuff, glad I decided to reinstall then. Time to make a couple of autosaves :)

Might be a bit off topic, but I hope we get something a little extra for doing dark mode because damn... I did a lot of arm wrestling grinding now that I think back on it.

When we import our save from W2 to W3, is there a list will appear for our old choices or its just bump into game just like that. I remember Mass Effect done something like that when we import they showed us our old choices, and it was pretty cool.

When we import our save from W2 to W3, is there a list will appear for our old choices or its just bump into game just like that.

you can pick from choices if you don't have a save to import. I don't think you can import a save AND pick choices though. It actually says if you import a save any decisions you haven't made will be changed to the games default choices. So I think its just a bump.

This just occurred to me: has arm-wrestling been mentioned as a confirmed mini-game in The Wild Hunt? It's just fist-fighting, now, isn't it?

This just occurred to me: has arm-wrestling been mentioned as a confirmed mini-game in The Wild Hunt? It's just fist-fighting, now, isn't it?

The only mini-game that I know is in for sure is a brand new card game new to the series, kind of like hearthstone but not as elaborate with cards you can find/buy as you play the game. Dice is out (I think). No idea about any other mini-game.

Dice is out. Fist-fighting is present -- at least, brawling -- horse-racing is in, and the Gwent cards. I think that's it. Oh, and drinking.

@riven ll They said they've announced all the minigames already. I haven't heard anything at all about arm wrestling, so I doubt it'd be in. What I have heard: Gwent, Horse Racing, Fist Fighting, presumably getting drunk will involve a Drinking game of some sort but there's been no footage and it hasn't been explicitly stated.
(also this is getting off topic D: )

You answered your own question and ninja'd me while doing so, you bastard.
Might be a bit off topic, but I hope we get something a little extra for doing dark mode because damn... I did a lot of arm wrestling grinding now that I think back on it.

As Rivenll and I were discussing before, there is a high chance that NO items will be imported. I have no other way of determining reward for Dark Mode.

you can pick from choices if you don't have a save to import. I don't think you can import a save AND pick choices though. It actually says if you import a save any decisions you haven't made will be changed to the games default choices. So I think its just a bump.

I wish I could at least see my old choices. I don't want to import something bad to W3. But first I will use fake save system what devs talk about.

I wish I could at least see my old choices. I don't want to import something bad to W3. But first I will use fake save system what devs talk about.

that's a good idea. although, I'm going to speculate if you import a save that the dialogue will just reiterate everything automatically, rather than you having any particular choice. Or maybe the NPC doesn't turn up at all. I'm not sure, but I'm hoping the former.

I can confirm that the enhanced edition of the game creates a final autosave, after the Letho sequence, upon the recap of your choices, as narrated by Dandelion, before the end credits.

Just wanted to say that I confirmed this is true with the enhanced edition a few moments ago. After you talk with letho, and all the credits and whatnot are done the game makes a new autosave. This is the save you want to use for the import into tw3.

Last edited:
PC save import bonus?

Is there an additional incentive to import PC saves besides remembering your choices? Say, some sort of item?

Top Bottom