What Keeps you Playing?

+
for me it was the side-quests & witcher contracts. i just like the idea that Geralt is a problem solver and he just gets shit done. wished the loot were better though.

i also enjoy gwent and kinda wish the tournaments go on forever. that match against Sasha and beating her (those pesky Nilgardian spies) was one of the highlights for me in the game. :D

i kinda miss dice poker. maybe CDPR would re-introduce it in Blood & Wine for old times sake? *crossing fingers*

im not too crazy about those fist-fights though. almost broke my controller in two after the umpteenth time of getting my teeth kicked in by Tailor Durden. :mad:

Besides my previous post in this thread and most of what's been posted by others and I fully agree, there some more I can share and even more that will go unsaid, which keeps me playing this game.

- The Battle of Kaer Morhen - It's so epic that it gets me yearning for it. Even if goes so fast now that I rarely even get damaged in Death March (experience is the most valuable weapon in any game, IMHO). It has the same feeling as The Battle of the Crossroads Keep that made Neverwinter Nights 2 an awesome game. (and in some proportion, the Siege of Gondor in TLotR:RotK)

- Johnny - One of the best characters created, in my opinion. I just love to hear him talking, after he can talk of course. Clever, wise, jolly and pure. And one of the most intelligent beings I've seen in any game. It's a pleasure to interact with such a being.

- And as I started playing with Music off (after some 1200hrs it becomes enervating really. I like TW1 and TW2 soundtracks better), except for some very special cutscenes, I find the atmosphere of the game so thrilling and captivating. One of the best sound effects ever, movie or otherwise, which makes me feel deep inside that very world as a real part of it.

Last edited:
Mostly non-linearity of dialogues and quests, even if it don't bring big consequences

450 hours as of now, got in plans two playthroughs of B&W and then third full playthrough of complete version in NG+ mode

The hope for CDProjekt to actually implement viper gear and not just reskinning the starting armor and passing it off as a new idea.

Entirely possible you just do not like the game? I know everyone here loves it to death and in my opinion it GOTY a thousand times over, but sometimes something just doesn't click and you do not like it. I have played a few really mainstream, famous for how good they are, games and got bored and never finished. Sometimes you just cannot force these things and just accept you blew your money on something you did not get full value for. Really if you had just jumped into w3 I could see it being a little confusing and that putting you off but if you played the other two I am really not sure why w3 isn't doing it for you other than these things just sometimes happen.

W3 is very open worlded and I think a lot of games claim to be and then actually hold your hand (GTA5 for example) but there was genuinely a few times in w3 where the quest line I was following ended and I had zero idea where to go next and I would just stumble my way through until I found the next plot axis. I loved that aspect personally but it can be a lot to ask for people with little real interest in the world to go off and explore. Especially when you accidently bump into a Golem at low level and proceed to have your face ripped off.

Not one or two things that keep me playing. Be a huge list. Presentation of the story is a major reason for me also the replay value is great because of the depth in gameplay and different styles player can choose to play. Played close to 900 hours already! Nowhere near done with it. Started anew to see what changes have been made. Gotsta pass 1000 hours. Hey CDPR, add an achievement for 1000 hours play?

I keep playing due to the fact that this is my game of the year. I just finished the expansion the day it came out, tidied up the remaining POIs, and am now messing around with starting NG+. I'd like to get in at level 40 but it seems 39 is where I'll start from.

I do what I always do with lengthy games: play once with a completionist mind, watch my wife playing it if she's interested, do the DLC on my first playthrough, then wait for the game to be complete to play a second playthrough (TW3 needs patching and there's still an expansion coming).
I stopped "binge-playing".

I think mods make playing the new game over and over very enjoyable.
i like to install mods that change combat, camera, etc... for a different experience everytime!

I really wish you expand the modkit's capability some day :)

I've played Skyrim for a long time, but in the end their primitive combat destroys the motivation to play.
TW3 has far superior combat than that from Skyrim, so why not make the most of it?
Perhaps adding features like arena, or survival missions will be good!

Perhaps adding features like arena, or survival missions will be good!

Yes. We need arena back from W2. I would even pay for a separate DLC. I used to play arena mode at least once a week up till W3 came out. Such good times. But now W3's superb combat spoiled me and I don't have as much fun with W2 arena as I used to.

Please REDs! Make it happen! Na potęgę posępnego czerepu! @Marcin Momot @theta77 @Burza46 przybywaj!

Last edited:
I simply love the game and can't stop playing it, this is the most singleplayer game i have ever played usually i finish a game once or twice(if it's good) but with this one i've done so like 3-4 times (i am really not sure as i have at least 5-6 saves lying around and 2-3 NG+ ones) and every time i finish it i just find myself an excuse to play it again like let's get all the gwent card this time, let's do all the races, i am gonna get every question mark on the map etc... :p.

I got bored like OP aswell (even though I loved the story)

My problem was the fast travels, I was just swooping back and forth like a moron and talked to people, I never fast travel anymore and enjoy it much more.

Yes. We need arena back from W2. I would even pay for a separate DLC. I used to play arena mode at least once a week up till W3 came out. Such good times. But now W3's superb combat spoiled me and I don't have as much fun with W2 arena as I used to.

Please REDs! Make it happen! Na potęgę posępnego czerepu! @Marcin Momot @theta77 @Burza46 przybywaj!

As far as I know there's nothing like that in the works. Sorry. :(

Top Bottom