Witcher 3 from first person

+
If with the Redkit's limitation we are unable to get the actual first-person mod (not that I long for it anyway), I would settle for the stationary zoom to first person, just in the purpose of taking out-of-this-world wallpaper materials and landscapes/scenery.

Would this be interesting to play The Witcher 3 from first person camera? Imagine Big open world, beautiful vistas, amazing landscapes, first person sword fighting, horse riding and so on from Geralt's eyes. I think this would be cool. And i think many fans think like me. At least i hope so. So this is interesting, is it possible to make first person mod with REDKIT for witcher game? If yes, is it worth it to make this mod? How do you think?

It's like injecting emotions in Mr. Spock.

On a serious note, I cannot imagine how it will feel when Geralt make some dramatic move like flying rotation swing in first person. I am with Kinley on this one, it will take away the beauty of combat.

For screenshot purposes it might make sense but only if you're going to admire the environment, I'd personally like Geralt to be present in my screenshots.

I think that in the OP (as in most of the subsequent posts in this thread) the inclusion of the first person view option outside combat/cutscenes was discussed, in which case your objections don't really apply.

In open world where combat can happen at any time there's really no "explore but out of combat moments"

which first person game doesn't? it's part of the challenge, knowing what's around you and where to stand.
but yeah, a game made for third person can't be easily ported to first person combat-wise.

I have no problems with third-person games, but I think the best way to explore a world is in first person. if there was an option in the game by default, I would probably mostly use fps.

Skyrim is the only non shooter 1st person I can think of, but combat was mediocre at best. Melee wasn't skilled as it was hard to measure your opponent it became more about basics and clumsy brute force

Overall I think the opposite 3rd person gives better range of motion, space awareness, allows for more tactical play.
I still like 1st person on most shooters though like Farcry

This is not something CDP should spend much time on, BUT, if they could include some easy first person view for noncombat scenarios (without bothering with animations etc) just for VR, that would be swell.

Here is an attempt of one modder to pull it off. I recall he ran into an issue with camera and that's why it didn't get finished.
I remember BANAN working on something like that too, but don't know how that ended up.

I would never want to play a witcher game in first person. I mean, in an elder scroll game where i don't really care about my soulless character, first person is fine. In the witcher though, i want to be looking at Geralt run and move around and doing his combat moves.

He can use his titanium sword while moving around like this.

On the other hand I really liked what Shadow of Mordor did with the photo mode, lots of options and you can literally create your own wallpapers. This is something I made for my own desktop.

If ever CDPR find the time then I would like them to make something like this or better, it's not necessary but certainly adds something unique to the game.

In open world where combat can happen at any time there's really no "explore but out of combat moments"
I think that since the world is so large, and since the devs indicated that they took a more realistic approach when creating and populating it (as opposed to Skyrim-style "potato-land"), we can expect some more or less prolonged sections of just riding on the horse/walking and admiring the scenery.

If the first person vew mode is done well, then it would automatically gracefully switch to the third person mode the moment combat starts, so I don't see any problem in what you said.
I'd actually like to have an option to admire the world from first person view, it feels more immersive.

Top Bottom