Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
While I appreciate, and am quite fond of the old CRPG decision systems. I'd actually prefer that my actions decide the outcome of events more so than simply the 'dialog option' that I picked, soley determining the course of the story.

A nice mix of both would be cool, imo.

Edit: also worth mentioning, that it'd be nice if events happen regardless of what you do, or don't do. The world not revolving around the player character. Rather you are simply a part of it.

It's difficult to put into words properly, imo. But that's somewhat what I'd consider a 'living, breathing world' : )

Last edited:
W3GP comfirmed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NxWHYO87MM

:ice:

Aw, you know that it is not important what happens, but how it happens ;)

I want to be surprised by the story, so both is important for me. Without that the story loses its magic and its tension...

And it's also so unnecessary to include such information in screenshots I mean, it's not about some side quest. It's obviously about events being part of the main narrative... :(

I want to be surprised by the story, so both is important for me. Without that the story loses its magic and its tension...

And it's also so unnecessary to include such information in screenshots I mean, it's not about some side quest. It's obviously about events being part of the main narrative... :(
Yeah, I feel similar. But your comment remembered me that J.M. Straczynski would answer like that, when fans complained that he spoilered future Babylon 5 story details in several episodes. "Context is what matters" he used to say ;)

So 1 more day until a big bunch of new gameplay ill be released. According to the list 17 youtubers were invited, each of them can show up to 45min of gameplay. Furthermore there will be some interviews. I gues they can show only the prologue, but still watching all of them would pretty much spoil everything in the prologue.
So how many of these videos do you plan to watch? I think I will try to find 2-3 gameplay vids, which mainly concentrate on combat and exploration and not so much on quests and ignore the other ones.(first time I will try wo not watch every new gameplay... I hope I can make it:)

So did you guys find anything interesting in the GameSpot interviews? I think I'm saturated with information. It's the first time I found myself just blazing through an article because I felt I read it countless times before. I don't mean that as a jibe against GameSpot, I realize I'm not the audience - I'm just wondering if you guys found something out of the ordinary there that I might have missed.

So 1 more day until a big bunch of new gameplay ill be released. According to the list 17 youtubers were invited, each of them can show up to 45min of gameplay. Furthermore there will be some interviews. I gues they can show only the prologue, but still watching all of them would pretty much spoil everything in the prologue.
So how many of these videos do you plan to watch? I think I will try to find 2-3 gameplay vids, which mainly concentrate on combat and exploration and not so much on quests and ignore the other ones.(first time I will try wo not watch every new gameplay... I hope I can make it:)
My guess is that they won't spoil too much. The prologue is longer and I imagine that they all start from the same spot anyway, as well as many of them just wandering off instead of following the main quest. So what I suspect we'll get are a bunch of videos that are more or less the same, just with different play styles. There may be many things we've already seen in IGN First.

I might skim through them all and skip only those that continue with the main quest in the prologue. Anything beyond Geralt entering the inn and getting into that scuffle with the thugs and I'm stopping the video.

Oh, and if anyone does the tutorial, I'm skipping that too. That one I'm saving for myself. (They probably won't)

My guess is that they won't spoil too much. The prologue is longer and I imagine that they all start from the same spot anyway, as well as many of them just wandering off instead of following the main quest
That's what I doubt. There will be 17 unique gameplay vids.(+ at least 1 more from the german youtuber ho played the game in a cinema a few days ago) The prologue is "only" 4-5 hours long. They can show 45min each. As faer as I know there are no restrictions what quests they could do, so there will be a big variation of quests we will see. I would be pretty surprised if I didn't know every single quest in the prologue after watching all the gameplay videos.

So did you guys find anything interesting in the GameSpot interviews? I think I'm saturated with information. It's the first time I found myself just blazing through an article because I felt I read it countless times before. I don't mean that as a jibe against GameSpot, I realize I'm not the audience - I'm just wondering if you guys found something out of the ordinary there that I might have missed.

My guess is that they won't spoil too much. The prologue is longer and I imagine that they all start from the same spot anyway, as well as many of them just wandering off instead of following the main quest. So what I suspect we'll get are a bunch of videos that are more or less the same, just with different play styles. There may be many things we've already seen in IGN First.

I might skim through them all and skip only those that continue with the main quest in the prologue. Anything beyond Geralt entering the inn and getting into that scuffle with the thugs and I'm stopping the video.

Oh, and if anyone does the tutorial, I'm skipping that too. That one I'm saving for myself. (They probably won't)
I had the exact same feeling, we've read that stuff over and over again in many different wordings, nothing out of the ordinary that I noticed.
On the topic of tomorrow's video's, I must say I'm a bit worried too that we might get an overkill of information, even though the youtubers only played the prologue area. I know we could just ignore the video's, but I'm not sure if I will manage that for 3 weeks :p

Last edited:
I personally found the interviews really worth reading. Maybe the most common one is the one about the environments and the open world, but the other three were great and had interesting stuff I liked.

However, if you're not interested in game design and development or the stories that come up out of working with games and so on, you can totally pass up on them, in terms of facts about TW3 they arent too important to read.

Regarding the articles at Gamespot then yes I don't really read them anymore. I quickly run through them to see if there's keywords I am particular interested in like eg. Novigrad but again nothing I haven't heard or read before. Like you said we are not the audience. Those kind of information are more directed at people that are not as familiar with the game as to us who have followed the game since the news broke that it was in development.

As to the videos I will likely watch them all unless they are just a repeat of each other showing the same stuff over and over. That would even to one that's as excited as me for the game be a bit trivial to see 17 times. Also if they are in another language than English (in game) I will not watch them or more likely at least the dialog. It is just strange to me to hear Geralt with another voice.

Regarding spoilers I have no issue with that unless they reveal the entire plot. I can't say why but it has just never bother me to get a slice or two of the cake as long as it's not the whole cake getting pushed down my throat. I realize of course people are different in that regard but I have tried with other games to stay completely spoilers free and I have never notice a difference in "excitement" level for games I knew the first few hours of and for games I didn't. That's of course not to say that if a plot twist is revealed I would be annoyed but the first few hours of a 50 hours long game main story wise won't bother me personally.

Last edited:
So did you guys find anything interesting in the GameSpot interviews?

A few new things about game design, pretty good reason for replacing Dice Poker with a Gwent (Dice Poker is a pure luck based game, so there is not much you can do with enemy's AI to make it more challenging over time) and creepy description of another monster that will appear in the game, Grave Hag (it wanders around with a halfeaten corpse on it's back and even talks to it).

Last edited:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-the-witcher-3-made-characters-look-unique-with/1100-6426894/
This link I find the most interesting, it talks about designing the humans and monsters, the time taken, challenges etc.

I read all the articles, same old Q&A for the most part.

Hope we get some more specific developer diaries focusing on combat, alchemy, weather system, options screens in the game would be nice to see.

A few new things about game design, pretty good reason for replacing Dice Poker with a Gwent (Dice Poker is a pure lack based game, so there is not much you can do with enemy's AI to make it more challenging over time)

Yeah I really don't buy it, definitely wouldn't call it a "pretty good reason" too, the game is based on pure luck, why would they feel the need to artificially try and up the challenge? If they don't want a quest-line focused on a luck based game that's fine, but don't delete it, just make it available in some random taverns for low stakes or somethin'.

Gwent seems great, more than that even, but they shouldn't have scrapped the poker, I hope they'll put it back in some update, it was an awesome mini game. The camera angle in TW2 was horrible but I still enjoyed my time rolling dices.

Last edited:
Yeah I really don't buy it, the game is based on pure luck, why would they feel the need to artificially try and up the challenge? If they don't want a quest-line focused on a luck based game that's fine, but don't delete it, just make it available in some random taverns for low stakes.

Gwent seems great, more than that even, but they shouldn't have scrapped the poker, I hope they'll put it back in some update, it was an awesome mini game. The camera angle in TW2 was horrible but I still enjoyed my time rolling dices.

It does seem like something that would be good as one of the 16 DLC. Just have one guy in Novigrad thatll play.

Top Bottom