Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Well I imagine the pre-load on PC at least will be as late as possible since it will most likely mean pirates starting to play it sooner than everyone else and spam the internet with spoilers since it has no DRM or anything to protect it even minimally. I am guessing...

Well I imagine the pre-load on PC at least will be as late as possible since it will most likely mean pirates starting to play it sooner than everyone else and spam the internet with spoilers since it has no DRM or anything to protect it even minimally. I am guessing...

It depends if it's a full pre-load or if they hold some of it back until launch (No, I don't know which it is).

PS4 version in pre-release version had about 40 seconds loading times after death or fast travel,

Doesn't surprise me honestly. The console HDD's are pretty pathetic (5400 RPM IIRC), and GTA V on the PS4 had similar loading times. At the very least it makes more sense for the big open world titles like W3 to have 40 seconds loading screens than something like Bloodborne.
Console users can still always just use an external HDD with a higher RPM, or even an SSD, which will reduce the load times by a solid chunk.

Have to say I still regret absolutely nothing when I bought my 1TB SSD. I think the longest loading we saw in the PC demos was like 8 seconds, which is great, I get frustrated these days once it starts to go above 10-15 seconds.

Pre-loads are always protected in some way. Usually they specifically leave out certain files which you have to download day 1, and sometimes there's even a form of encryption.

Ah what a bummer, so no console footage after all before the weekend. I assume work is still being done on the Xbox One version and thus can't be showed yet.

The minimum spec card is usually found as a 2GB. It might be that the power of the GPU isn't the limiting factor, but rather the memory available.

Or not...

The minimum spec card is usually found as a 2GB. It might be that the power of the GPU isn't the limiting factor, but rather the memory available.

Or not...

I would guess the usage will be like 1850MB of VRAM during playtime, games usually don't utilize the whole VRAM due to stuttering when switching assets and no free space to but the new ones in before getting rid of the unneeded

but looking at the GTX 770 having 2gb in standardversion too, I might aswell say that it could go without even using 2GB of VRAM on lowest settings but will use up to 2GB if available

I'd go with wait and see. I think you might *want* to upgrade, but you might be able to delay a bit if you can bear minimum settings.

Can anyone tell me if hair works is enabled in Jesse's video? I just told some guy on YT that it wasn't enabled because that's what Gopher said but damn, the hair looks really good and now I'm not so sure. I don't have a keen eye for graphics (and I don't know what to look for) so It's hard for me to tell.

Pretty interesting to see mentions of the viper school and some equipment related to it.
Really makes me hope we'll stumble upon a witcher here or there that we haven't met before.

Can anyone tell me if hair works is enabled in Jesse's video? I just told some guy on YT that it wasn't enabled because that's what Gopher said but damn, the hair looks really good and now I'm not so sure. I don't have a keen eye for graphics (and I don't know what to look for) so It's hard for me to tell.

Looking at Geralts Hair moving i'd say Jesse had it enabled, but I might be wrong anyway but to me, the movement of Geralts hair looks more fluid in Jesses video than in Gophers.

Jesse vs Wraith was amazing. The game can be challenging when fighting enemies 5-6 level above you but still... achievable.

That was probably one of the best stuff i've seen on these recent previews. I was totally expecting to be just a tough battle against a high level non-named enemy. But the fact that the Wraith disappeared inside the crypt, left clues so Geralt could follow him and come back for the 2nd round of the battle. Damn that's the right way to make an open world game! I can't believe that i'm even more pumped for this game now!

Top Bottom