The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
Thank you! So if we can train them and stuff like that I suppose that we also get a wider range of colours.

Great, now all that's left is to find the one that talks about having different types of horses, I remember that was separate info from the training and such.

At least for consoles,
I wish for a camera option that zooms away from Geralt just far enough to see his whole body and the scope of the huge open world while I'm playing.
I don't know why cdpr did not add this option in TW2, as the player I felt really boxed in while walking around the TW2 world.
My hope is that cdpr team has took notice of other AAA open world TPP games today, because they at least let you have this point of view option.
I don't mind if the camera is close like it was in TW2 and some of TW3 screen shots that I noticed, just as long as I can switch between them when ever I want in real time. If I can't have the freedom to control the camera like this, I might cry rivers and you don't want to make a grown man cry do you. Unless they are tears of joy because the final build of the game will have these options ;)

I'd like to see a side quest in game, resembling witcher 2 quest in In the claws of madness but scarier, perhaps something like ocean house in vampire masquerade if anyone remembers it. Now why would I like this, I know Witcher is not a horror game but when I walked through tomb corridors in W1 without cat potion it had really scary atmosphere but it was missing something. Also in W2, quest with succubus when you had to go to tombs and examine bodies and also capture that banner, those tombs too had induced really good/ghostly atmosphere as did asylum in another quest but only thing that scared me a little were ghosts suddenly appearing at some places but that was not enough for me :p I expected more. Also I think that some creatures were not hideous enough :D, and I also think that vampire models from witcher 1 shall return, of course in better graphics ;)

Bigbloodbovine

Ok, sooo chapter 4 from wither1 was probably my favourite moment from the witcher series, the hole peace that will not last, the quest that you need to sing a duet with dandellion for the "wedding", reciving aerondight and the lady of the lake, but the moment i reccall the most about is that Vodyanoi Priest saying "bigbloodbovine" so here is my question: Any chances of that priest appear in TW3, like an easteregg or something? Since we are on the subject how about the lady of the lake?
P.S.: Don't know why but the way that priest sais bigbloodbovine allways made me laugh =P

Last edited:
1.I want quests that are based on the place history, i mean, like the cursed battlefield in the witcher 2, or better, mucht better: the village outside vizima in the first game (with all that survival against barghest, the religious dilem) ... the first chapter of the witcher 1 was so special for me, or the chapter 4 village in tw1, also really special, in a simple village having conflicts against the followers of dagon, cult of the lady of the lake and much more
what I mean it's escaping from the story main focus to hear about the tales and wars of cities and villages,outside the main plot, and interfere in his story, like living another story... I don't want this game to be over focused about the wild hunt and invasion of nilfgaard, that's it
2.also I want food to be useful and cheaper books
3.I want vodyanoi and kalkstein
4.I want to drink beer when I want, not like in tw2 where I simply can't even buy it

I prefer tw1 and i want more things like the first chapter than the second
Also for what I saw, the graphic stile it's similar to tw2, I mean it's not a crysis ultra realistic world, tw3 has better graphics but that doesn't mean more realistic, in this case is a stile made in a way that looks like a fantasy world, which it fits in the context, the world doesn't look as ours but it looks real, a fantasy shaped world. This is a really good job

Horse armor DLC.

...just kidding, I want Ciri in the game of course.

Destructible environment to some extent, like trees. When you fight near trees after few hits it should break and fall depending on the thickness of the wood.

Destructible environment to some extent, like trees. When you fight near trees after few hits it should break and fall depending on the thickness of the wood.

Swords are really bad at cutting through wood. Even hacking the heads off axes/spears is "a bit much" for any reasonable number of blows.
They are designed for cutting a sack of water, and letting it run out... and the weight and balance are all wrong for smashing armour/chopping.

Now axes *can* cut wood effectively... yet think how long it takes to bring down even a small tree.

I noticed when AARD was used in the first trailer, it made the bandits fly but the loose orange leaves on the ground didn't move at all.
Sure would be cool if they did. :)

1.I want quests that are based on the place history, i mean, like the cursed battlefield in the witcher 2, or better, mucht better: the village outside vizima in the first game (with all that survival against barghest, the religious dilem) ... the first chapter of the witcher 1 was so special for me, or the chapter 4 village in tw1, also really special, in a simple village having conflicts against the followers of dagon, cult of the lady of the lake and much more
what I mean it's escaping from the story main focus to hear about the tales and wars of cities and villages,outside the main plot, and interfere in his story, like living another story... I don't want this game to be over focused about the wild hunt and invasion of nilfgaard, that's it
2.also I want food to be useful and cheaper books
3.I want vodyanoi and kalkstein
4.I want to drink beer when I want, not like in tw2 where I simply can't even buy it
I agree with most of the points you've made above. Except cheaper books. Depending on how they end up implementing them in the game.Closer to W1, W2,or something entirely new for Witcher 3. The problem I see with decreasing the value of books revolves around game balance. If important and/or rare books were to be too cheap it would ultimately defeat their purpose.

Acquiring them easily without any feeling of accomplishment or progression.That same philosophy can be used for many other aspects of the game as well. Some items,whether they be alchemical ingredients,crafting items,armor sets,swords rare monster parts or even books,should be pricey and hard to attain. Otherwise, you take the chance of potentially breaking the game and/or reducing any sort of goal,progression and accomplishment.If that makes any sense,Hopefully I explained it well enough as I intended to.

It may seem like not that big of a deal on the surface but in the big picture,these systems are in place for very particular and important reasons. I apologize for ranting overboard, my post is related not only to books of course but other relevant items as well.

I prefer tw1 and i want more things like the first chapter than the second
Also for what I saw, the graphic stile it's similar to tw2, I mean it's not a crysis ultra realistic world, tw3 has better graphics but that doesn't mean more realistic, in this case is a stile made in a way that looks like a fantasy world, which it fits in the context, the world doesn't look as ours but it looks real, a fantasy shaped world. This is a really good job

Visually, I am getting more of a Witcher 1 vibe than Witcher 2,although I can also see W2 in there as well. For me, this is a great thing. I am talking more about aesthetics and the general atmosphere conveyed visually. It reminds me more of the first Witcher. I preferred the first games atmosphere.

I would also love some side stories in areas like Lake side/Murky waters and Vizima outskirts. Those areas, including Vizima temple quarter did an excellent job expressing the dark ,depressing world of the Witcher in my opinion. I'd love there to be more areas similar to those in witcher 3. :D

I noticed when AARD was used in the first trailer, it made the bandits fly but the loose orange leaves on the ground didn't move at all.
Sure would be cool if they did. :)
Remember, we need to keep our expectations in check to some degree. I'd point you towards the VGX trailer where Geralt is fighting in tight quarters within an interior against a few bandits/assassins? Notice what happens when he uses the (area of effect) Aard Sign? Window panes break and go flying,the chair and items on the table shift.Look at the guy being thrown towards the door! Animations and physics look top notch! I wouldn't be too worried about the physics,animations and particles in the game,if these two particular scenes are anything to go by.

Looks absolutely incredible to me.

Sorry about the quality, I tried uploading better quality versions but it failed for me.You get the idea though.

With the scope of this game as it stands,combined with the size of the world,I cannot see this happening with trees. Wjat I do know that might interest you if you do not already know about it - the devs talked about the diverse use of signs and using the environment against enemies. As an example,using aard on a pile of logs toppling them down upon your enemies . Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Now hopefully these features are still in the game.

Last edited:
The art and little details that I have seen thus far just blows my mind!!
Feb 2015 cannot come soon enough, CDPR we're counting on you!!
;)

Weather effect - before it rains, dark clouds could be visible on the sky approaching us from far. We could tell how intensive rain/storm will be based on intensity and color of the clouds and wind strength.

Top Bottom