Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
Well, I think their Mass Effect series has way superior characters and storytelling after all. I was not emotionally engaged at all in Origins. But Mass Effect on the other side could actually get to me...

But the game with my biggest emotional engagement is probably Witcher 2, closely followed by the Walking Dead games.

I remember playing Mass Effect for the first time, about an year after TW1. Man I wish I could be new to RPGs again and I wish I could just find a game on steam pop it in to see what happens without any biases from forums or interviews. TW1, ME and DA were big surprises for me. I had never seen anything like those games before, except WoW but instead of the story itself I fell in love with the lore and atmosphere in that case. I could never be surprised like that again, no matter how good the game is because I've grown as a person and it takes even more to impress me these days.

The scene where you save/burn Abigail had a lasting impression on my teen psyche but if I saw something of similar quality today I probably would not be nearly as impressed.

Last edited:
Are people being nasty to Alistair ? 'Cos I like him too, I thought he was a good character in DA:O. My hume female* backstabber partnered with him the whole game, he sworded & boarded so she could stick the knife in nps, eventually made him king, and got hitched at the end, probably charmed since he managed to keep her laughing through the lot, and thats the trick they say ;)

Good voice actor too as I recall. Him and the excellent Claudia "Morrigan" Black, are the only memorable companions for me, Kate Mulgrew of course stormed it too.

Yep Alistair is my Dragon Age husband I won't hear a word against him!!! The voice actor is amazing, he really voices Alistair very well.

I remember someone on here calling him an idiot, but I didn't pay much attention to them. Don't care what anyone says, everyone on the origins team was awesome, especially Alistair.

Well, maybe not Wynne. I don't agree with what she has to say about my boo, Morrigan. And her stance on the Circle. But, she's a sweet old lady. Fun to talk to.

And Alistair is hilarious. "Say you'll staaay!"

Omg no I love Wynne. She's such a cute grandma-type and her conversations with Alistair about sowing his socks back together made me chuckle.

Aaaand after googling Cullen my verdict is that he is a less hot version of Alistair.

:lol: Yep, that about sums him up.

His personality is probably not as cute either. This is making me slightly sad because the DA:O party members are so great, Inquisition looks a bit lacking. BUT there is still Dorian so I will swallow my sadness and play as a male character so I can have him. Haha

His personality is probably not as cute either. This is making me slightly sad because the DA:O party members are so great, Inquisition looks a bit lacking. BUT there is still Dorian so I will swallow my sadness and play as a male character so I can have him. Haha

Chicks seem to like him because he's underrated and apparently has a little bit more of a story if you kill off the circle or something in origins. He always seems like a grouch to me, and in DA 2, he talks about mages all being dangerous, even if you're a mage, lol. It's an odd choice to me that he's brought to the front in Inquisition. Origins was the A Team. DA 2 is Robot House, and Inquisition feels like the B Team's B team.

Chicks seem to like him because he's underrated and apparently has a little bit more of a story if you kill off the circle or something in origins. He always seems like a grouch to me, and in DA 2, he talks about mages all being dangerous, even if you're a mage, lol. It's an odd choice to me that he's brought to the front in Inquisition. Origins was the A Team. DA 2 is Robot House, and Inquisition feels like the B Team's B team.

Hmmm well I shall judge him for myself when I play Inquisition, but I didn't even notice he was in Origins...
Also not here for the mage hate lol, I think that's also silly.
I know it's a lot of effort to make so many npcs with such fleshed out backstories but at the same time I would quite like them to increase the numbers a little... so we have more choice.

He was the guy stuck in the magic cage in the circle tower, trapped by the abominations. He gets butthurt if you choose to spare the circle.

That was a shitty trailer.

One thing though. I really hope the fact you use the title "Herald of Andraste" or not to be relevant (i.e. easier to convince the Chantry to help, harder/impossible to convince the dalish).

Last edited:
My impressions:

1. Says nudity. Bewbs.

2. The Harbinger wannabe has a lisp. It's official. I'll never take this thing seriously, lol.

Story feels poor so far but if it would be something like someone using you to gather inquisitions power in order to take control over everything after you beat greater evil or something like that it would be pretty cool after all.

Meh, just as much as the Wild Hunt sounds like a Reaper I think.
I cant take neither 100% seriously.

Na, the wild hunt to me actually sounds intriguing. Elves from another dimension butting into this one's affairs using wraith avatars to do it. That means they're not some big bad evil monster things, and they might have a real agenda, one hopefully not world destruction or something. It's based on a real world concept from European folklore and is at the center of Geralt's story.

This stuff about this new baddy in DA: I is random and hasn't been built up in the same way. I do wonder what this thing is that claims the maker is dead, but it's just not the same as the equivalent of what I like to think of as "medieval alien abductions".

Ah yea, that's kind of creepy, given that they're basically their prison guards. He kinda stalks you too right?

Well when you are supposed to be bound to celibacy..

I don't think he stalks you, more like a timid boy with a crush.

You get the roleplay choices of ignoring/screwing with him/liking him back. Or you might just miss him and never talk in the prologue.

Well when you are supposed to be bound to celibacy..

I don't think he stalks you, more like a timid boy with a crush.

You get the roleplay choices of ignoring/screwing with him/liking him back. Or you might just miss him and never talk in the prologue.
It's creepy in that he's your jailor. Plus when you meet him again, he's still obsessing over her, and basically makes it clear he'd run a sword through her "for her own good." Even the writer said originally that a romance with him would be short and violent. That was before they decided to retcon him and turn him into The Good Templar.

Well Im sure there are a million diff sexual tastes for everybody, specially when we're talking about fantasy realms, and there is no stigma, nor real life consequence involved in pursuing that particular fantasy.
Some time ago Ive even stumbled upon female gamer sexual fandoms about Pyramid Head(of the Silent Hill series), if you can believe it... Not judging. :p

Ew. I'd sooner watch this guy:

Less corny looking.

Top Bottom