Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
@domidawi - there's no reason to think that the fact that there is censorship in ME has anything to do with the blood decals issue. While I understand your concern, please don't try to turn this discussion into something it isn't.

i thought the witcher games, as well as the books, aren't supposed to be "politically correct"

If you want your game to be blacklisted in those teritories then go on. Many countries have laws about violence and gore in media to "protect" their youth. Its their way or the highway...

Last edited:
If you want your game to blacklisted in those teritories then go on. Many countries have laws about violence and gore in media to "protect" their youth. Its their way or the highway...

Further more, blood and gore has nothing to do with "political correctness"...

A new character confirmed (from the german dubbing video)
Axel Gottschick (Mousesack)

Edit: There are about 2000 npcs alone in Novigrad

Last edited:
@tahirahmed, so you bought a Middle East copy?

Yes I am from Saudi Arabia.

It looks like its been done for all versions though. I mean just check blood decals thread.

Well I personally want to play the uncensored version or the one that's not toned down to be precise. I am sure there will be some solutions for this and I hope it's not the case with every version.

sorry to hear it friend -taps his shoulder-

on a second thought, i thought the witcher games, as well as the books, aren't supposed to be "politically correct"

lol thanks :D the bright side is the fact that I bought GOG version which I can modify according to my liking, I think this would have been a difficult affair had I bought the console version ? or not possible at all ?

Scryar one thing ; There are any video , picture or information about the gameplay cinema in berlin.

Thanks

There won't be any gameplay from the cinema event. They recorded it but it had a very bad quality, so they played it again afterwards and that was released on the 27th (the PietSmiet video I posted)

There won't be any gameplay from the cinema event. They recorded it but it had a very bad quality, so they played it again afterwards and that was released on the 27th (the PietSmiet video I posted)

Thanks scryar .
Do you could post it again??? please. Thanks again

GOG steam this evening. I am ready:

@tahirahmed, you could use a VPN or something like that to buy an electronic version from an uncensored country.

Actually I asked this censorship question in the order related FAQ but it wasn't answered (until now) and I got tired of waiting so I already preordered it on GOG besides it's only two weeks left now so they should have answered these questions before, not that I am pushing them for anything but just saying.

I guess there is no option now ?

Now I'm curious - Israeli with a GOG purchase here, does that mean it'll be toned down as well? Or is only the retail version that's edited?

Aye the question is quite interesting, might that be the reason we didn t seen "that much blood on the ground" in the last
gameplay videos (also mixing blood with water)? Not that it matters anyway *smirk*

Now I'm curious - Israeli with a GOG purchase here, does that mean it'll be toned down as well? Or is only the retail version that's edited?

My bet it will be unedited as was with Witcher 2
If i remember correctly only problem was with Australian version

Censored versions only affect the specific market, except that the "market" may include neighbouring countries if it's the same distributor. So Eliharel may be affected - I don't know. New Zealand got the Australia censored version the last time. It definitely doesn't affect the entire game.

But any more attempts to link the blood decal issue to this are definitely going to attract deletions. It's getting very close to a discussion hijack.

Top Bottom