A quick look at the game configs XML

+
I am hoping it's SMAA T1x. Why? Because:
Crytek's improved implementation of SMAA T1X. Crytek's in-house version of SMAA is really quite impressive to behold, delivering results not unlike Nvidia's TXAA, but with a fraction of the performance cost.

Now that's just music to my ears - I really hope that it's this AA solution.

Then again... I would really appreciate it if a dev who actually worked on implementing all this AA stuff found referenced in the .ini's and .xml's would outright state what AA solutions those are. That would eliminate the need of us aimlessly guessing. And the sad part is that even after the game comes out we still won't know what techniques are used. A dev should answer this question.

Oh, so it looks like there will be alternate looks for Ciri and Triss as well... and new Gwent cards. Not sure I like it, I hope there are more exciting stuff in there as well.
I love CDPR, but it still feels like they have simply taken out some basic content just so they can put it back and say: "hey, here are 16 DLCs for free, love us!".

Seems like a good PR move, though.

Last edited:
Oh, so it looks like there will be alternate looks for Ciri and Triss as well... and new Gwent cards. Not sure I like it, I hope there are more exciting stuff in there as well.
I love CDPR, but it still feels like they have simply taken out some basic content just so they can say put it back and say: "hey here are 16 DLCs for free, love us!".
It's stuff they were going to put to the main game, realised they didn't have the time and decided to make it anyway after they had finished everything important, even though it wouldn't make to the retail version. That's how free DLC usually works, anyhow. There's at least one sidequest among those DLCs, so it's not all just equipment and hairstyles.

It's stuff they were going to put to the main game, realised they didn't have the time and decided to make it anyway after they had finished everything important, even though it wouldn't make to the retail version. That's how free DLC usually works, anyhow. There's at least one sidequest among those DLCs, so it's not all just equipment and hairstyles.

Honestly, I still doubt it. If they had the time to create hundreds of characters, they'd have time to create those few alternate looks. Same goes for the cards... and that one single quest (the game already has hundreds). I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, it's simply how I feel about these DLCs so far.

Thankfully, they're free and by the time I'll play the game, (probably) all of them will be available.

hello everyone
I think i read all the posts but didnt find my question so i ask.
can we improve the witcher 3's graphics by changing those xml's and make them look like 2013 footage? or we must wait until may19th to find out?
any hopes?

hello everyone
I think i read all the posts but didnt find my question so i ask.
can we improve the witcher 3's graphics by changing those xml's and make them look like 2013 footage? or we must wait until may19th to find out?
any hopes?
Should be able to make it better but it won't look like the old footage

Is there anything in the config files that suggests it will possible to enable Hairworks on everything, except on Geralt? I greatly prefer his regular hair.

your right
but nearly all of the settings were seen in those xmls.
so we must wait. but i hope that we can change back to 2013.at least near that!
http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/2047/7395/original.gif

That, is a PS4 screen you are comparing it too. Look, even if you did, you are highly unlikely to play on it, given the devs said themselves, walking through a forest with that sharpening filter is straining as fuck for your eyes. Maybe we could configure somewhere in the middle? I still think grass needs a little bit more distinction.

@amfibiya89 Post deleted because... it's literally a link to this thread.

Anyway, it's the same thing - Ultra/Uber/Super whatever you want to call it. It's probably called uber in the files and Ultra in the game's interface is probably what.

Can anybody say if by turning off motion blur and DOF I can expect a better performance or are those things not very hardware demanding?

It was setup that way in the 35 minute demo though (hairworks on griffin head but not on Geralt). I guess we have just have to wait and see. :)

No it wasn't?..

Geralt's hair had hair works.

Don't forget that they were in the middle of working on it back then. Now it is either on or off.

No it wasn't?..

Geralt's hair had hair works.

Don't forget that they were in the middle of working on it back then. Now it is either on or off.

Then his "hairworks enabled" hair in the 35 minute demo had exactly the same design as his regular hair. In the January gameplay I can agree that it was enabled in certain clips.

Geralt 35 minute demo

Geralt without hairworks from recent footage

Geralt with Hairworks enabled

Last edited:
Postprocess.xml

Fullscreen / Window Mode
Gamma
AllowBloom
AllowShafts
AllowAntialias
AllowBlur
AllowDOF
AllowCutsceneDOF
AllowVignette
AllowSharpen
Virtual_SSAOSolution
AllowMSAA
AllowMotionBlur
AllowFog
AllowChromaticAberration

So is that the Sharpen thing that the devs talked about that we can actually turn it on again to have the game to look like the 35 minute video?

Top Bottom